youtube.com/watch?v=hsHdP8KhYhM
youtube.com/watch?v=b5fVSB1fgmA
youtube.com/watch?v=4UIXe4wAgyA
poortiming.bandcamp.com/album/holds-in
youtube.com/watch?v=fUN2dGKxHFU
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>from baltimore md

pretty boring desu nothing good comes out of here really.

I went to one DIY show and saw a sign that read "No Sexism, No Racism, No Homophobia Allowed"

I didn't return

bunch of sad memers

Yeah, fuck them for not allowing me to be an asshole

>eastern Iowa
pretty much exclusively hardcore bands

though if ya go to iowa city there are also oodles of indy bands

dead
t.arizona

Every band sounds the exact same and everyone dresses like Mac DeMarco wannabe.

>Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada

It sucks, even hyped bands like Japandroids, or White Lung are just shitty wealthy, progressive Liberal hipster fodder.

There are are a lot of experimental guitar-based shitty bands here that sound exactly the same, and suck really badly.

Hiphop as well, but again, they suck really badly.

south Chicago suburbs is mostly pop punk from what I can tell, though there is much more going on in the city itself

San Diego?

Im from victoria and its pretty much the same here unfortunately :(
Shitty indie punk, shitty "experimental" indie rock and honkeys from the wealthiest suburbs in the city making trap music.

Indie music. Lots of it.
>Seattle

Toledo, OH scene is big on Jazz and Country, plus small pockets of metal and punk

Denver CO

>lots of "Midwestern emo" bands
>REALLLLY shitty really huge punk scene
>soundcloud rappers all hoping to follow the same route as XXXTENTACION
>Everyone dresses like mac demarco or wears bape hoodies and jordans

struggling

>South Florida

A total joke. Just hung it up after 25 years.

philly still has a decent emo scene

full of this bullshit everywhere
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough

Not bad at all. Living in the Boston area going to go see a techno show tonight. Venues for just about everything here

hi neighbor

although there are like a solid 5 acts that are p good

St. Petersburg FL

>literally nothing
>one barely good band that I never have the time to catch live

painless methods of suicide, lads?

hi neighbors

There was a scene of experimental psych bands for a while here but it seems to have died down in recent years and I haven't really payed much attention to what's currently going on.

Netherlands here
It's shit

This is now a Florida thread

Sonora,Mexico.
Psychodelia and surf punk. They are not soooo good but at least they know how to play their genres

North Chicago is pretty varied. Ive seen some folk-punk and grindcore acts last time i was out

Agreed, fuck Miami, 4 Rivers is the best restaurant in America, key lime pie is amazing, fuck New York tourists, and all the music is shit (except for Cynic and Assuck)

>also baltimore, md.
>playing show in garage tomorrow. youtube.com/watch?v=NY9c8C3incg&feature=youtu.be

Amirite, or amirite?

>SoCal High Desert
Few punk bands. Some shitty, but there are a few good acts. Other than that a bunch of shitty metal, and buttrock. I sometimes go up a little north, and catch some emo bands. Most are "Midwestern", but there's one really good garage/lo-fi group.

>Ecuador
I´d say it´s actually pretty great. There´s thriving independent scene in the capital Quito, and in the largest city, Guayaquil though most of the good bands are in Quito. Most of the artists play various styles of rock.
These 3 are my favorites:
Da Pawn:
youtube.com/watch?v=hsHdP8KhYhM
La Máquina Camaleón:
youtube.com/watch?v=b5fVSB1fgmA
Alkaloides:
youtube.com/watch?v=4UIXe4wAgyA

About as alive as the Kony movement

Ghent, Belgium
one of the "Unesco cities of music", if that means anything. Tons of venues, initiatives for beginning bands, great festivals, most of them free. Recently the hype has been shifting from noise bands towards more experimental drone/ambient projects with lots of great labels coming up. On any given night, I can leave my place and go to at least 15 free concerts within a 2 mile radius. Can't complain.
Moved here from France so it's a nice change.

Portland Oregon
Surprisingly a lot of death/heavy metal
Fuck ton of indie bands trying to be the new shins too

I don't think that's the point. It's just a sort of indicator of absurd pretension and meek pussification. I get the whole PLUR, P.M.A, Treat others how you'd like to be treated concept, but some of us don't have the mind of a 3rd grader and don't need signs enforcing what words or concepts should be broached at a concert I mean holy fuck. Imagine hanging a sign at your venue that says "no bullying". It's fucking week, and weeker when it explicitly lists which kinds of bullying you're not allowed to engage in. No no-no words relating to sex or race mmkay! YeAh GuYs! LETs MOSH AGAINST sExIsM! Weeeeew

The emo revival is horrible.

There's supposedly an okay noise scene in Philly but I don't get out all that much.

Punk and metal here. Finland, Turku. TVO is a grand place to visit.

> Berlin
Techno artists everywhere. Lots of Indie Rock bands too

so everybody wins in that scenario, you don't have to deal with that and they don't have to deal with your ass

Medellín, Colombia

Occasional rock shows, occasional jazz shows, lots of salsa. Unfortunately, not much variety. But if you know where to look, there are good shows to be found.

Well, good god, you talk like a fucking first grader, so good on you, you fucking idiot. Jfc, get your shit together.

Everyone's saying "oh there's this ONE good group..."

Why don't you post their names and music? Spread the scene? Support them?
Wtf is wrong with you, like why not?

Jealousy?

Your spelling/grammar is atrocious but I agree with your point.

buncha dudes in their late 20s still playing the same crappy punk rock they've been doing for a decade. o one goes to any shows that aren't at bars.

poortiming.bandcamp.com/album/holds-in

I live near the Chicagoland area, so most people just listen to Rap, EDM or Hot Topic bands. Boring leftist state tastes.

Des Moines
A lot of garage rock/indie bands, not my thing but whatever. There's also a decent metal scene, a small but weirdly supportive noise/experimental scene, and a hip-hop scene is starting to develop. Electronic shows are kinda unheard of though.

Chicago. Really good.

The punk and DIY scene is huge on the west side and NW sides, as is the indi scene. There's a good 20+ active underground (DIY) music venues in those parts of the scene.

A loft space that came around last year also started doing a monthly chiptune show, which has been getting really good. Other DIY venues also do electronic, but not as much as concerts.

The hip hop community is certainly not as strong as the W coast, but we've got some nice stuff out here.

We also have a lot of above ground venues where local acts play, often indi.

Metal is not as good as the PNW and black metal is hard to come by, with death and thrash being more common.

Lots of free classical and jazz shows from local conservatories and art schools.

We used to have a really good underground psychedelic scene too, but that has died. Different loft/warehouses spaces around the city with live art, dance rooms, chill rooms, etc..

It was cool because it had such a diverse population from psytrance junkies, to art students, to old investigative journalists, to random burners, to just your every day psychedelic user. A huge yuppie/peacy Burner influx destroyed it though around 2011. Instead of it's raw, truthful, strange absurdity, it took on a yoga party feel to it.

Montreal. there's a decent diy scene here

Some indie legends have come out of Mile End

>but some of us don't have the mind of a 3rd grader and don't need signs enforcing what words or concepts should be broached at a concert
Then the sign clearly isn't there for you

If someone posted my band on Sup Forums I wouldnt consider it a compliment

>Small town in Argentina
Really shitty, it mostly consists of bad tribute bands (I played in one actually)

>st louis

i have no idea i only ever go to bands that are touring nationally

I'm from St. Pete too, and yeah there's not anything I can think of

Charleston
Small underground metal scene here but also a lot of shitty indie Mac wanna be bands

Athens, GA. So fucking amazing.

>Brazil

really good.
we have variations of MPB with rock and experimental stuff.

bands here are usually very creative.

The only bands from here I know of are hard rock cover bands and Sonic Graffiti, who I enjoy

I didn't know Sup Forums gave a shit about music or even went outside, but here we are.

I agree the new japandroids is probably radio schlock but there are a few doom bands worth listening to.
the punk is really bad tho

Toronto. Obviously it has alot of everything. In every genre.

A very booming, fun and very much alive scene is the underground techno scene here. Hundreds of illegal after hours, dives, fronts that play techno. Sweaty grimy, drug fueled parties in basements and establishments that only open at 2 and go all day. Fun

but what about horse lords?

Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, other niggers rapping
Tobacco/BMSR are from here
Anti-flag too

music scene overall is pretty meh, limited/shitty venues, generally get skipped in favor of philly/some shit hole in ohio

I have a toe or two in the las vegas hip-hop scene, my brother knows some top producers here and one of them has two beats on the latest freddie gibbs album

shit mostly. this punk band moved in next door last summer so i hang out with them and go to shows, but there's no real scene desu

which town?

CA Bay Area
kids wanna rap

predictable, hermano.

metal, punk, and noise scene is great

>san diego
not too bad

So the sign worked?

nah man, there's a fuckin great punk and metal scene here.

>AnCo
>Beach House
>bad brains

a rave in a field holds about 3k people called supernatural
a russian nightclub or two
an amusement park
subways

>gainesville fla

Relatively dead sometimes active others. Pretentious and unappreciative, nobody bats an eye at anything original or deviated from the typical lame dad rock, blues or hip hop

Living in Arkansas rn and this

Dead.
Hipsters killed the last independent joint that wasn't a bar 6 or so years ago.
Now I have 12 bars with shitty sound systems and an arena that books nothing but buttrock and rap.
On the plus side, I'm gonna be seeing Meat Puppets soon, so that's nice.

CLEVELAND OHIO
Always been a great place to see shows. Punk rock crowds really know how to dance around here. Lots of unity. Underground venues for EDM. Weird places you can see indie bands. Best thing about our city is FREEFORM RADIO , a couple colleges John Caroll and Case Western and Oberlin all have kick-ass radio stations.

>salem, or
Good metal and such, but that's about it.

Lisbon
Really fuckin shitty indie pop
tame impala rip offs
awesome free jazz
IDM (some shitty)

Also rap is kind of developing, and lots of kuduro
some of it is actually cool
the indie rock is kind of in between 90s slackerism and 2010 mumbleness

Tried so hard in that city. It's mostly all 19 year olds trying to sound like Wavves or Wild Nothing. What am I missing?

Have you tried selling drugs and alcohol to the under aged?

Louisville

There's pop punk and uhhhh.....pop punk and pedophiles in the music scene and.....pop punk?

Ljubljana, SLO

blues, jazz, dad rock, grunge, indie rock, hip hop

it's a time warp in many ways, but there always emerge acts that faithfully follow the American trends of a couple of years back

Dallas

Everyone worth a damn is dead or gone

You have a nice museum there in Toledo. I prefer your museum of art to Clevelands, but I think Cleveland's zoo is much nicer.

between hullabaloo, goodfellaz, wemf, dark rave, and one off parties I probably spend 100 weekends in toronto partying between 00-04

>central new jersey
It's dead. It used to be a hub for twinkle emo and math rock, in addition to a functioning chiptune/circuit bent scene, but everyones grown up and moved out. We still have a small avant metal scene, but it's nothing to talk about.
Tfw empire empire and the world is and our Sunday affairs and the skin cells (Alex Gs band) and Marietta and dads and modern baseball and pinegrove and a bunch of other dead bands played my best friend's basement.

>puerto rico
youtube.com/watch?v=fUN2dGKxHFU
Warning!!! Only listen if you want to die of cancer!

>Sweaty grimy, drug fueled parties in basements
>Fun
sounds depressing

>Tempe AZ

Decent amount of hardcore and mathy kind of stuff, and a cancerous amount of pop punk

>boston

gay and try hard as fuck, with no actual established an well known local music.

much like charlotte, NC i'd imagine. All about being "social", and by that i mean getting absolutely trashed to shitty self indulgent music and politely asking women for sex, thanking them and apologizing when they say no

only time i go out to shows is when someone decent is coming by from some where else

>YeAh GuYs! LETs MOSH AGAINST sExIsM! Weeeeew

i kekked. it's a side effect of all that post-ironic fucking bullshit these kids are doing these days.

and by "kids" i mean 16-21 year olds and everyone up to 35 trying to remain young and "with it"

Lowell MA

It's a college town with a pretty dedicated local DIY scene. Most of the bands are punk related most of them not that great. There's some jazz funk bands from the college's music program, but those bands don't stick around very long.

It's not the best, but it's a scene and there's music pretty regularly for something so small and DIY.

Chicago's booming right now.

Pretty good rap/hiphop coming out of the south side and everyone on the north side and their grandma is in a lofi indie rock band. Pretty solid punk scene too.

I was gonna move out to New York or LA but I'm gonna stick around here for a while because it seems like the scene's gonna grow for a few more years.