Predator 2

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/predator/
factfiend.com/the-pistol-from-predator-2-has-an-amazing-backstory/
youtube.com/watch?v=3-2-Ip5SsDA&list=PLfLWQgC0war3ltToJzHB0zGFyICAZdz8o
youtube.com/watch?v=O52eM0dFqT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought it was pretty good except for constant reminders that Danny glover is getting to old for this

Nothing at all. Having it take place in Los Angeles instead of South America was an inspired choice. The lack of Arnold kinda sucks, but I'll never say no to Maria Conchita Alonso - ESPECIALLY during the late 80's/early 90's.

It's a cool movie, but suffers a bit from not being as good as the first.

>Predator = 78%
>Predator 2 = 25%

Source: Rotten aTomatoes

The tone got all fucked up. I mean the first one was dumb but this one was just laughable at times. I think it mostly had to do with the way they handled the "urban" setting.

No Arnie

He was getting too old for that shit

The government shit.

Oh I'm sorry, it seems I just accidentally your everything.

A lackluster start with cartoonish gangs but it ended strong, everything from when they first go into the meat warehouse to the end is great

That's not what I'm getting
rottentomatoes.com/m/predator/

43% fresh....wat

Delet this also

Too much sweating.

Predator 2 so underrated. I will admit first half of the movie is weak but finishes strong

Predator 2 fuckin rules.

I remember watching it as a kid.
>that sex scene with the drug lord
>thinking LA was really that violent

I like how in the first seconds of the movie it seems like it is set again in the jungle, then camera moves up and it's fucking LA asphalt jungle

>the first one was dumb

get out millenial piece of shit..
you made me reply/10

>moving the action from the jungle to a modern urban environment
>talk about an absolute can't miss premise
>filmmakers still managed to fuck it up

One of the most disappointing movies ever, after the greatness of the first one. Should have brought back McTiernan.

What year were you born?

You realise you fedora tippers are millennials if you're born post 1982?

The action scenes just weren't that great plus all the supporting characters were way too cartoonish

...But it takes place during a heat wave AND a crime wave in one of the hottest cities in America. And it's stated in the first Predator movie that hot places are ideal hunting grounds for the Predators.

The original Predator is an epic memorable movie.

Predator 2 is just an entertaining as fuck sequel. Glover, Busey, the Jamaicans, and Paxton make that movie.

Busey doesn't get enough screen time. Otherwise, nothing.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Predator 2 has only gotten better with age. At the time, it was criticized for being too different from the first movie, and that's what makes it work.

We get everything flipped on us right away. The Predator is involved from the first 5 minutes. The traditional hunt has been abandoned. This hunter goes nuts on everyone instead of one at time. You also have a nice little time capsule of a movie, from the hard copy satire, to the growing fear in the early 90s of the escalating urban crime rate.

On TOP of all that, you have prime badass Danny Glover, prime Gary Busey being intense as ever, and prime Bill Paxton chewing the scenery and being as douchey as we can expect him.

Despite the different setting, the urban jungle is also very eerie when accompanied by the new motifs that Alan Silvestri provided ditching alot of the military motifs from the first movie and adapting jungle and tribal motifs.

It also has some excellent suspense, the aftermath of the subway scene, the meat locker, and the pursuit of the Predator underground. It also expands on the mythos of Predator, it's been a shame nobody has been able to build on it worth a damn.

It's very different from Preator, and that's what makes it a good watch. And look at this motherfucker. So awesome.

There's some extended/unrated cut that's pretty good.

The theatrical cut was just average, not horrible like people say.

You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'.

The scene in Predator 2 when the Predator smashes the crazy old lady's medicine cabinet and patches up his wounds while screaming was fucking metal.

Also, Danny Glover walking away from the departing Predator spaceship covered in ash and carrying that old-ass 1700's musket the Predators give him as a trophy is a great shot, while the "What the fuck was THAT all about?" look on Glover's face is priceless.

>I don't think he gives a shit

That old lady was great.

OP here. I also like that they went for an urban setting, it was refreshing, though it kind of contradicts the essence of the predator concept. The first one (thought at first to be called Hunter) is more like man has to forget about technology (machine guns, granade launchers, etc) and use his primitive survival instincts to defeat a more advanced, in terms of technology, entity. Man even dragged this entity to a face to face combat (when predator takes of his mask). Man survives because of his astuteness and adaptation to a rough environment. However, I don't know if it was just a plot hole, but seriously what did predator have to do in the middle of the jungle stalking a guerilla? If his technology is more advanced shouldn't he be looking at something else? It seemed a little bit like the stories of those people in farms that claim they have witnessed UFOs, why the fuck do UFOs care so much about those rural areas? Shouldn't they be stalking at a particle collider or a laboratory instead?

Nice breakdown user.

>the mythos of Predator

They're punk ass bitches that take pot shots at hilariously outmatched fauna. Occasionally, one kills one of them, similar to a human hunter getting too cocky and getting mauled by a pheasant.

this guy gets it

Didnt like it back then

I like it now

p sweet movie really

Different predator tribes have different hunting customs. Some will only insist on using melee weapons and look down upon projectiles. But this is the comic universe.

Not enough muscle mass.

Preach!

Yeah this is perfect summation of the sequel.

I kind of like that about Predator 2, how it gave them a code and something resembling honor.

They hunt creatures capable of killing them exclusively. Hence Alien V Predator and such.

>mfw danny glover slaps his hands in front of gary busey in the police dept

what n otbu gf

They reason the Predator turns up to hunt is during heat waves & places of conflict.

So Central/South American jungle during the 80s

Urban Jungle crime warfare in the future L.A 1997

That pistol Harrigan gets:

factfiend.com/the-pistol-from-predator-2-has-an-amazing-backstory/

THIS IS DREAD, MON.

TRULY DREAD.

>hilariously outmatched

One technologically advanced Predator vs. a half-dozen well armed, veteran mercenaries seems like an even match. Especially when you take into consideration that the original Predator was done in by a falling log.

They are stronger and more durable than a human, heal faster, equipped with stealth camo, IR vision, and an auto-locking plasma caster. The fact that anything kills them at all is proof that they are shit tier.

At least has the imposed restrictions stuff.

>mfw the Predator in part 2 growls "WATCH... YOUR ASS."

Thanks for clarifying that, I see the connection now

If arnolds team had shot some into the trees they probably would have killed it right after it killed jesse ventura when they all unloaded into the forest

And if it just shot all of them while they were walking, the movie would have been over right after the raid.

That's the thing, Predator got cocky and didn't take into consideration how clever a human can be when fighting for his life. If anything, humans don't kill Predators, hubris does.

Predators are arrogant.

HIS FOUNDATION LIE IN THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

SELAH!

Fucking loved King Willy, so badass.

You have good taste user.

............when

HNNNNNNGGGGGH

EL ESCORPIO... IS REEEEEEEEADY

youtube.com/watch?v=3-2-Ip5SsDA&list=PLfLWQgC0war3ltToJzHB0zGFyICAZdz8o

Dat Silvestri score.

Agree. Predator 2 is comfy.

this doe:
youtube.com/watch?v=O52eM0dFqT4

fun fact:bill paxton has been killed by a terminator, a predator and a alien

does being thrown against a fence count as being killed by a terminator?

I fucking love that scene!

Of course. He's a Terminator.

could have sworn he got kilt

Out of the three punks, you only see Brian Thompson (also the bad guy in COBRA) get impaled by the Terminator's fist. Bill Paxton gets thrown to the side and the other guy runs away - but I just assume everyone Arnold crosses in the original Terminator dies anyway. It's just easier.

What? When?

1984 Terminator who doesn't fuck around? Probably.

>> I'll never say no to Maria Conchita Alonso - ESPECIALLY during the late 80's/early 90's.

Cant remember the scene, if paxton got a full power backhand from the terminator its possible he ded

the terminator palmed his face and threw him against the fence, same thing he did to that security dyke in t2 who broke his glasses

>>Harrigan! What the fuck happened in there? Huh? Goddamn it. We came so close!

Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance.

Predator 2 is essential sweatcore

They should make a terminator-predator-aliens movie

possibly robocop in there too

rock confirmed for new predator movie

Sorrry, I fucked up. It's only in the novelization. It was originally in the script but got cut. I'm a little drunk so my memories of Predator 2 and the book version of it are kinda blurring together. I wasn't allowed to watch Predator 2 when it came out because I was super-young, but for some reason my parents were totally fine with me reading the book version of it. Which I did, several times.

Basically, Danny Glover tells Bill Paxton to "Watch your ass" before Paxton heads into the subway station, and the Predator hears him. Later, when Glover mortally wounds the Predator, the Predator says "Watch your ass" back to Glover, like some kind of acknowledgement.

But like I said, this is just in the novelization, not the movie.

>You can't see the eyes...of teh demon...until he com callin
>W-WANT SOM KAND-E
>El Scorpio...he is ready!
>Fuken voodoo magic mon!

>terminator-predator-aliens

Happened in the comics

It was shit.

Predoter is a good movee wadtch it if u haven sen

>mfw i read the novelization of avp
>320 pages to cover 4 plot holes

>the entire reason Glover’s character is given the pistol at the end of Predator 2 is because the screenwriters wanted to set a sequel in the past and needed to include something that established that the Predator race had been dicking around on Earth for centuries. While it’s not clear if the movie would have involved Predators fighting pirates, it would have almost certainly involved them fighting a group of people who didn’t have access to modern weaponry and thus had to combat the Predators using their wits and ingenuity like Schwarzenegger did in the first Predator movie.

Where the hell did he get that from?

It makes a good double feature with MARKED FOR DEATH, the Seagalkino with the gang of Jamaicans and Screwface.

> Kind Willie wasn't based as fuck

>said no one ever

>W-WANT SOM KAND-E

That scene scared the shit out of me as a kid.

It was fucking cringe even for the 90s.

He's made some good sweatcore movies

*want some candy?*

for me it's when danny falls off the rooftop reaches out and grabs the predators arm which slowly decloaks, then you see a dimly lit shot of the predator hanging on to his foot and that shit still gets to me.

The mini was published in the 2000 so it doesn't even have the 90s excuse.

Want sum candy

>El diablo vino por ellos
>El diablo cazador de hombre

In both movies we have a latina girl that saw the predator and thought of the devil, it has to do with all the Catholic collective imaginary or background they have

The only thing that went wrong was it being released so soon to Jurassic Park.

Just tee it high............AND LET IT FLY

>> But you know what? I tell you what I believe: shit happens

You forgot prime Adam Baldwin, but I agree with you 100 percent.

I miss when Jamaican gangs were the bad guys in movies.

There's truly some fucking quotes in this movie.

>>I hope there weren't triplets.

He's her for the safari......the lions...the tigers...the bears. Oh my.

Nothing. It's great and surprisingly accurate in depicting how much of a shithole LA was/is.

I liked the theme on how a normal man can also become a warrior if he fights to protect something instead of just bloodlust or honor.