A stupid friend of my brother forgot his ipad password, apple id, everything...

A stupid friend of my brother forgot his ipad password, apple id, everything. i formatted it and it asks for apple id password because find my iphone is on. I WILL GIVE THE ONE THAT PROVIDES ME WITH A SOLUTION 10 DOLLARS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did you reset the router?

Use Android.

Only thing to do is get in touch with Apple Support. That's the point of Find my iPhone; it doesn't let people that don't know the information use the device.

What the router has to do with it?

i don't think they will give me a solution

Then you're shit out of luck. Sucks to be you.

(Seriously though, I've done the research. It's unfortunate, but that's Apple for you.)

here is an instructional video of what to do
youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s

it's not mine though

Then it also sucks to be the guy you let down, huh?

yep

What IOS is it on?

give back the ipad you stole, jamal.

everyone else: stop taking the bait.

i don't know, my brother formatted it.
it's not bait for fuck sake.

>activation lock's active
so talk to apple
>i don't think they'll give me the answer
no, because you STOLE IT.

you might be dumb as paint but nobody else is.

how do i prove to apple that i didn't steal it?

having never stolen an ipad and then given it back to apple, i couldn't say, but the hardware lock mechanism should allow them to find the original owner and get in touch with them.
you'll probably need to make two trips but at least you'll get your ipad back, right?
(protip: this won't work because you stole it, which is also why you won't even try.)

and no, before you ask, there's no way to circumvent the software lock. google it. it's locked down like fort knox to stop people like you from stealing other people's ipads.

So you stole an iPad. Nice.

Give them the password for the Apple ID?

Plug it into iTunes and it might tell you.

nah m8 can't do that because my brother's friend blah blah blah utter bollocks

I DON'T KNOW THE APPLE ID, THE PASSWORD OR ANYTHING

BECAUSE YOU STOLE IT
SO RETURN IT TO APPLE
THIS SHIT COULDN'T BE SIMPLER

I HAVE AN ICLOUD LOCKED 4S AND IT STILL TELLS ME THE IOS VERSION IN ITUNES. PUT IT IN RECOVERY OR DFU MODE AND PLUG IT IN, UNLESS USB NOW REQUIRES AN EMAIL AND PASSWORD.

DO I HAVE TO SAY IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
IT'S MY BROTHER'S FRIEND IPAD!!!

so get him to return it to apple.
why are you still posting?
there's nothing you can do.

(you stole it.)

I ERASED IT THROUGH DFU MOD, WHEN IT BOOTS UP IT REQUIRES APPLE ID AND PASSWORD!

HE CAN'T, BECAUSE THERE ISN'T APPLE STORE IN MY COUNTRY, JOHN.

Apple support here, your iPad is under a security measure called an activation lock, it means that an Apple ID was signed into iCloud find my iPhone enabled. This can only be bypassed by verifying the associated Apple ID or providing proof of purchase to Apple and we will disaccossiate the Apple ID from iCloud on that ipad

oh

looks like you're fucked then, ivan, since there's no getting past an activation lock.
i'll tell you again: google it. you won't find shit because there isn't shit to find.

We don't have apple stores in my country

Recovery won't let you wipe an ios device anymore. I tried this on my 5s the other day cause all my contacts just vanished so i figure i'll restore. If it has find my iphone on, you're cucked.

Also this can be resolved over the phone and though can be processed in store would require an appointment first

What country?

Iraq

Dont steal things that aren't yours

just come out and say you stole the phone nigger

stop taking people hard earned shit.

If your bro friend can prove purchase via the imei, telco will unlock it for a fee

can i steal things that are mine?

You could find contact info per support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 but they're just gonna tell you what everyone else told you. You need either a password or proof of purchase otherwise you have a useless paperweight

it's my brother's friend

but how can i prove the purchase?

With the receipt from the place it was purchas d from

Transactions and statements from your bank son

in the op it says you formatted it, now you say you formatted it... wanna know how i knoe youre lying?

it was purchased in cash

i didn't want to make things long