What is your honest, non-meme opinion on Death Grips...

What is your honest, non-meme opinion on Death Grips? I genuinely love all of their work but they have such a cult meme following for some reason that I can't tell if anyone else actually likes it.

they're ok

that's all

They are weird for the sake of being weird

I really love them

Shitty hipster nu metal

Is that a bad thing though? I'd also argue that some of their songs/lyrics are genuinely clever but some of it does seem to be nonsense.

Good early output that turned into this. Okay at best now. Their shtick has kinda run dry at this point.

They're pretty good.

Non-criticism

I love almost everything they've put out and I am very curious for what their next project will be.

One of the most forward thinking artists in hip hop and music in general right now.

also
The Money Store = Bottomless Pit
The Powers That B
No Love Deep Web
Exmilitary
Government Plates
everything else

I'd say:
No Love Deep Web = The Money Store
The Powers That B
Exmillitary
Bottomless Pit
Government Plates

NLDW is their rawest, most interesting album and TMS is by far the catchiest. Bottomless Pit was great and all but it felt a little too much like a Money Store rehash, not a ton of very memorable songs. Government Plates is OK but it just feels really half-baked and like a beta version of Niggas on the Moon.

A few good songs, the rest is mediocre to bad.

There are lots of impressionable teens on this board thus this band is painfully overrated on here.

I like Bottomless Pit a lot, but this list isnt bad user

all of their works are interesting, each in a different way (except for jenny death, its a great album but its only particularity is that it has punk elements)

i like exmilitary, think it's abrasive music for babbys, and think it is overrated

They peaked at Niggas On The Moon, other than that I kind of just lost interest over time.
Bottomless Pit was unremarkable

They're fantastic and has helped grow my passion for music more than any other artist did. For me there really is pre and post Death Grips, that's how much they've impacted me, they really changed everything.

I'll never forget them. I don't care about fans that meme it, I mean it's sad they have to make a joke out of listening to them but it doesn't impact me.

I love them, one of the few Hip Hop acts I didn't force myself into liking.

How the heck?

Most people do genuinely love their work too they're just embedded in a meme culture

They aren't even that "weird."

As cheesy as this is I feel the same way. Entry-level experimental music, as popular as it is to shit on it here, can really help bring people into even more adventurous music

gimmicky look and sound
but there is so much depth to some of their work that it is impressive
the meme stain will not wash off..

It's fresh, honest music, I really like it.
Niggas on the Moon is my favorite album of theirs.

generally decent songwriters, I don't think they've had a single "great" album though NOTM comes close

Great if bizarre music, one of the few projects that tries to be unique and shakes things up regularly.

im gonna get a dg tattoo just the letters

>Death Grips
I really really tried to get into them. i really really want to like rap too but I just can't do it. I dislike the genre so fucking much. It is a shame rap is big right now and rock is kind of dying or dead at this point. At least I like electronic music or I would be fucked.

Anyways since this kind of rap related. What would be good to try to get into rap? The only rap group I like is atmosphere.

i didn't get into them until recently but spread eagle cross the block, Punk weight and Black Quarterback are all dope tracks that really made it easier to get used their sound

niggas on the moon is one of the greatest hip hop albums released this decade

don't even try