Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums. I've been seriously listening to music like rap and old school dubstep the past 5 years and I think I know almost everything there is to know about music at this point, I cant stand listening to pop with its weak beats anymore, and i can tell when a drop is about to happen, so ask me anything about music and ill teach you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKcINnH1Xf4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sauce on the pic?

>old school
>dubstep

Her name is Leanne crow or something like that

Leanne Crow.
Reverse image search exists.

Yea, none of that skrillex nonsense

gr8 b8 m8

listen to metal

Metal is a bunch of loud garbage.

He got something right.

U listen to pouya XXX or suicideboys?

Don't listen to much pouya, but I liked their collab Southside suicide

>metal is a bunch of loud garbage
>listens to wubs and dubs
Your opinion is shit-tier and doesn't matter. Try again when you don't listen to random noises with shit bass.

>Listens to overdrived riddled shit with nonexistant flow or emotion
Your opinion is shit-tier and doesn't matter. Try again when you don't listen to random noises and no bass.

>no flow or emotion
I can tell you heard 1 song from Metallica or slayer and now you're a metal master that determined the whole subgenre is shit-tier.

Meanwhile it doesn't take but a couple of songs from dubstep to know its 170bpm with random pickups, drops, and computer made drums/bass that truely sounds terrible.

1) This user is absolutely correct
2) Nice 007 Post.

Metallica is classical rock more than metal. That's why they aren't complete shit.

Music as a whole would be better with dubstep influence.

They're metal, my dude. And slayer is thrash but dubstep guys aren't going to know the difference between metal and thrash.

What is old school dubstep?
seriously? i thought dubstep just came out, so how is it old? haw far!!

Started in the 90s but go popular in the mid 2000s around 2008 is when people really started to get into it.

There's modern dubstep that has taken on its own identity with over played tracks and too many re-tacked drops.
Old school is 6 years ago and doesn't overdo it.

Thanks!

I'd rather listen to violin concerts than metal and ive tried to listen to metal.

String instruments as a whole are good. I just hate when people try and say computer generated sounds are better than real people, making real noises, with real instruments.

Computer generated sounds are objectively better and have no room for error. Strings are ear grating if they arent on a synth

The error and misbeat is what makes music, music. If everything was perfect and on time it wouldn't even be music. Computers will never compare to a real person making music.

Is something can be perfect, it should be. You don't see many musicians make music at parties and clubs, you see machines.

What's with the liberal usage of ascending basslines and diminished chords in dubstep? It makes it sound like organized garbage

Chromatic rising lines create anticipation for the drop.

geez man listen to some footwork : )

Also, you say you hate pop but most dubstep literally use the same overused I iv V I bullshit. Dubstep is literally shitty pop progressions with synthetic ornamentation

Dubstep does it better. Im sorry you dont understand that

>you don't see many musicians make music at parties and clubs

Yeah because I'm not 15. Teenagers go to clubs. At parties live performances are far superior than a DJ with his iPod, unless once again you're 15.

You sound like the kinda person who endorses plastic surgery
>if you're ugly just get plastic surgery and become perfect, perfection is the key to life HURR DURR

I don't either but I'd like you to elaborate

James Bond post is always right

>adding hurr durr
That does nothing. Want to be perfect in your eyes? Plastic surgery can do that. Hurr durr doesnt validate an argument

This

Chords give off a different feeling when it sounds on different styles, the synth and processed dubstep sounds can improve how one can enjoy the chord progression if done right, but doing it on a boring piano or guitar drastically reduces enjoyability.

Hurr durr shows how autistic you sound.

Nothing should ever be perfect. Imperfections are what make most things great.

This retard is actually saying some good arguments.

how's your ear for classical?
do you know the diff between 4/4 and 7/8 time?
does a shift in key result in a change in melodic structure?
can you play an instrument(s)?
do you understand the concepts of musical theory?

Imperfections are what make something imperfect. Perfections make something perfect.

Yes.

And I said nothing should be perfect. Perfection is a sick mentality disorder people surfer from.

Then why do we always strive for perfection?
100, not 80, running an entire lap, not just some of it, hitting notes perfectly, not imperfectly.

kek

I'd beg to differ. I suppose it's just preference. I prefer the simplicity and cleanliness of guitar and piano while you enjoy the intensity or chaos of the many synthesized notes and percussion created on a computer

I have the best ear I know.
I know the difference.
Probably depends.
I can mix.
After all the listening ive done, i probably know tons of music concepts.

Then why is Judy Hopps perfect? Checkmate boyo

Because it is a mentality disorder, just like any other. People who strive to be perfect can't realize that it won't ever happen. No matter what. Its something they can't help, but no cure for it.

Bad bait, furfag.

There is an order and method to the chaos that not everyone can understand, and thats okay.

If you hand me music written in 7/8, just put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger while you're at it

It's not b8. It's called a hustle, sweetheart

Then everyone must have it. We are taught to strive for perfection. We inherently do so.
Perfection is the only ideal state, imperfection is for those who can't be perfect.

I write in 7/8 sometimes. Mostly djent tho

So the answer to most of his questions is no.

Learn some theory then come back later scrub

I understand, I just don't enjoy it

that, believe it or not, is an acceptable answer.
been there, wanted that.

>answered yes to everything
I guess you can't read. Try me better.

In fact, I probably know more than you.

You do know it's not the computer making the music, right? It's a person using the computer as an instrument. All the human touches are still there.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKcINnH1Xf4

Honestly so far I'm rooting for OP.

If i knew any theory i would ask you something ungodly difficult but i cant

Faggot

nice quads

i've made music for a long time. started with a learner guitar, worked my way into other instruments.
then computers. scoring music by hand is tedious. then i got into midi, then came a few other formats.

anyway. it is totally possible to use the computer as an instrument. i use it to facilitate broader scores easily, edit the playback, send the result to the printer and cd.
score and audio file done. boom.
then i gotta learn it and put actual soul into it, but hey, i have the score in front of me, and the audio file to accompany me. a band in a box, so to speak

Might as well just process it on the computer though. Play it through instead of recording to eliminate error.