Which was the better 80s homage?

Im going with Stranger Things. Story was more than just an ET rip-off (even if Stranger Things did draw from many more things - I just found the "other side" stuff way more interesting than just aliens), soundtrack and score was fantastic, emotional moments are way more effective and didn't feel as sappy as Super 8.

It Follows

Both are good. They are different enough however, that it is hard to compare them properly.

Super 8 is late 70s though

Stranger Things was an homage to several different types of 80s things.
Super8 was a two hour long fellatio to Spielberg.

i think its a stretch to call super 8 good

stranger things by 10 miles

>1979

close enough. But it is a pretty clearly a homage to 80s Spielberg even if its set in 79.

the only "80s" thing about It Follows is its soundtrack

Super 8 is great

>super 8
>le military is evil may may
Abrahms and Spiellburg are such hacks
Didn't see the other one

>He actually shills for degenerate military cucks

lmao

Stranger Things, no contest.

Super 8 has a much more authentic feel to it in terms of the era, but I was a lot more invested in all of the characters in ST by the end of the first episode. Also the the kids in ST felt more fleshed out just in their D&D intro then the ones in S8. S8 kids were little more than stereotypes jockeying for best quip.

yeah, militaries have always been evil bruh

Film?

t. neet

im a few episodes in.
So far the only likable character is the older brother and eleven

by the last episode Hopper was my favourite character

The sheriff gets his shit together after a few episodes and becomes badass, and by the end so does chad thundercock.

>homage

it's called ripoff

The Guestt

Stranger Things is tv-kino. Super 8 was ok.

"80s homage"

Everything is a fucking homage these days, sick and tired of this shit.

Dude nostalgia lmao

Nope.

A funny little gem

nah, it felt weak. I cant even remember what it was about. the kids left a bad impression in me.

no, its kino.

Yeah, because today is rife with great things. Like, like Kardashians and uhhhhhhhh

yeah at first I diddnt like him but he really grew on me

>ywn operate in the upside down with Hopper