Why is AIC Dirt the best album ever recorded. Bonus points for proof

Why is AIC Dirt the best album ever recorded. Bonus points for proof...

Other urls found in this thread:

video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVrgzHphYNOAAdEsnnIlQ?p=aic down in a hole&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=1&vid=369363bd492bb79c6bd40b59c6f0319c&action=view
youtube.com/watch?v=NFJ_AXv7UWM
youtube.com/watch?v=qKXIk45pL0o
youtube.com/watch?v=TP06kxW_M3I
youtube.com/watch?v=NUr7B_Um3YA
youtube.com/watch?v=QIjjEX7s5D0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVrgzHphYNOAAdEsnnIlQ?p=aic down in a hole&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=1&vid=369363bd492bb79c6bd40b59c6f0319c&action=view
Here's one reason...

Thanks. Needed something good to listen to tonight

No Alice In Chains junkies? Son I am disappoint...

I'm actually finishing Facelift atm. Real Thing. But Dirt is the needle mover. For me at least...

I love AIC in general. Have been a huge fan for years.

You like any Mad Season?

we're here comrade
silently lurking
silently listening
silently waiting

>ke any M
Absolutely yeah. Some of Layne's best work...

Its Jar of Flies for me, but they're all good. Everyone back then loved Soundgarden or Pearl Jam, but for me it was always Alice in Chains and STP.

Looking in View?

For real. There aren't many songs out there that "move me" but River of Deceit pulled me out of a hard time in my life.

Listening to Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Clowns are creepy af.

Sorry not River of Deceit... It was "Wake Up". Lol too high to remember right now

Same here. I did Wake Up with an early band of mine, and the lyrics are just eye opening. Not ground breaking. It's obvious. But Layne states the obvious in ways that are not rote.

That's awesome. What instrument you play? Or you sing?

I'm a guitarist. I've got a guitarfag thread going also. But also sing when I have to. Singing, even poorly, is how i release stress. What do you do? Instrument or vocals?

Also, were you in the grunge scene at all? Was just watching one of Mad Season's recorded performances and the environment and crowd and shit was so grungy it kinda made me laugh

Nah I'm here nigga.

Honestly, JoF is my 100% favorite. However, I think Mad Season's Above Album is number 2.

I freaking love Layne.

I play guitar as well but I am no where near as good as I used to be or could be. Played since I was like 13 and on and off since 18 or so. Have some nice guitars but just not the time or patience anymore it seems.

I also dabble in bass and drums as well as a bunch of just random instruments.

>o, were you in the grunge scene at all? Was ju
I had long unnaturally blond hair and a goatee, so i guess. But mostly I played music for me and my friends. I was--and still am--less comfortable playing for a crowd than playing for the people i care about. I don't mind people watching, just not my motivation. Did i own a peruvian potato sack hoodie? Nah.

>rally blond hair and a goatee
I really loved JoF. I thought the Last Action Hero stuff was really good too.

That's where I am. Played since 12. Religiously for 10 years, but only when I can for the last 15...

That's so legit. I was unfortunate to miss that era due to being born in 89. Some of the scenes and "cultures" of the early 90's are so fascinating to me.

That's cool. I've been itching to get back on it (at least to just keep from getting rusty) and would give me a good reason to not let my les paul go to waste.

>fortunate to miss that era due to being born in 89. Some of the scenes and "cul
Christ I'm old. I was like 13...

Les paul which? I've got a few. Faves for playing just about anything...

I'm only 27 and I find myself saying the same thing more and more as time goes on. Just recently I was watching basketball and they announced a few of the guys turning 19 and 20 and I was like "Fuck. The age difference is getting to be massive now"

>Last Action Hero
Never say it. Any good?

Newer one. Gibson LP Studio Deluxe. 2015 model I believe.

I know. Tom Brady is slightly younger than me. He's a skeleton as far as football goes... GHGHghghghgh.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFJ_AXv7UWM
I dunno. You tell me...:)

youtube.com/watch?v=qKXIk45pL0o

My girls. 77, 79, and 90 LP Customs.

Legit man. Nice collection.

Is that back left one "oliveburst green" or like black white or something?

'79 silverburst. Think Adam Jones or Chris Cornell. My 6 string pride and joy.

I don't know about best album ever recorded, but it IS the best "grunge" album. Hands Down.

When I was a kid it was all Nirvana and Pearl Jam, but, growing up, you realize Alice In Chains was the best band to come out of Seattle.

Unplugged is one of the greatest albums of all time

>s all Nirvana a
Agree with that. And they were good bands and good albums. But there was a "nerve" that AiC hit that the others didn't...(I also don't thing its the absolute best album ever recorded, i just wanted you fuckers to respond :))

legit man. Mad jelly of that collection. Any strats?

I'd say second best, next to the Nirvana unplugged. That was completely different from any Unplugged ever done, and any done since...

But certainly one of the best.

2001 American Standard Ash strat, 2009 Fender Special Run in Sunfire Flake. Plus a couple of '94 G&L Legacy USA's (more Fender than modern Fenders, in that Leo Fender designed them and is the L of G&L. The G is George Fullerton, who invented the Telecaster...).

Aww man. That's so legit. I have a soft spot for strats even though I dearly love the LP. I am hoping to get an American strat sometime in the future.

Partial family photo. G&Ls in front, Fenders in back. I prefer Gibsons, but there's no imitating a true Strat sound.

its good
but lyrically it's lacking, the heroin bullshit gets old

If you've never been addicted to anything, I guess...

This is my favorite AIC album

Layne was just more raw than even Kurt, and Kurt himself was definitely emotional too.

There aren't any Nirvana songs that explicitly state that Kurt wanted to die (and I don't believe it was a suicide, I think their live in Nanny pulled the Trigger and Courtney set him up to do it, does this shotgun look like it'd fit in a manlet's mouth and him still able to pull the trigger?)

Meanwhile Layne.. I mean the song Dirt is just explicitly wanting to die, and other songs are very explicit in dealing with his addiction, where Cobain again, implied about his addictions, using poetic language "my heart is broke, but I have some glue, help me inhale, and mend it with you" and references to "tasting" (injecting subcutaneously rather than IV)..

But nothing like God Smack where he's just straight up singing about main lining heroin. There's raw emotional power when you just lay your demons out bare for the rest of the world to see.

Actually, when I made this thread, this is what I was listening to. Love Hate Love...

i like mine

Best album hands down

OP, I'm sure you'll find ample amount of AiC fans.

You know, I like AIC's last 2 albums but at the same time, they're missing the soul they had with Layne. It still sounds good, but it it's nowhere near the quality of the stuff they put out with Layne.

i agree, i'm more of a facelift fan

Goddam great post. Layne knew what he was doing and what he was facing "can't get high or you will die". My favorite song is Hate to Feel. He knew what he was into and exactly why he was doing it. I think Kurt was depressed, but not sure how to handle it. Layne was a junkie though and through.

Fucking too young to know that this isn't AIC...

Dirt will always be known as their #1 album just like Man in the Box will forever be the main hit and Rooster the second.

I really didn't want AiC to come back after Layne died. But watching MJ Keenan do a song with Jerry changed my mind. As of now Adam D is the only guy who could legitimately replace Layne. And he really did a good job of it.

>There aren't any Nirvana songs that explicitly state that Kurt wanted to die
I hate myself and I want to die.
youtube.com/watch?v=TP06kxW_M3I

>>There aren't any Nirvana songs that explicitly state that Kurt wanted to die
>I hate myself and I want to die.

Miss the poiint, and dull the point as well...

it is though. as long as Cantrell is still there

... please tell me you're baiting?

True. Layne had a great voice, but he didn't contribute all that much artistically. Jerry is the artistic soul of the band.

that bitch killed him. and i'm not even a nervana fan

Nigga you what?

Both Layne and Jerry were vital not only for the sound but for the lyrical content of their songs, and really, Layne's writing was more personal than Jerry's (except Rooster, but that was about Jerry's father rather than himself)

So I discovered this on accident the other day, and I can't stop listening to it.

I'm not a big fan of trap or techno and what not, but this is so catchy for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUr7B_Um3YA

I'm white. Thanks though.

I'm saying that the songs I grew up listening to and loving were primarily Jerry's. Brother, Dam that River, Down in a Hole. Even Godsmack. Most of Boggy Depot was written by Jerry with the explicit intent of Layne having to sing the songs about his own addicttion. Please me, satisfy one requrest: Choose to live, or get on with dyin'.

Do you honestly believe that? Lmao! Could you imagine alice in chains with just jerry on vocals.. nobody would have bought it! or gave a fuck! it was layne's unique style with jerrys harmonies that made the band what it was, i mean look at them now utter dog shit withought layne its a fucking embarrassment.

this is now a nick drake thread..

youtube.com/watch?v=QIjjEX7s5D0

nice find, thanks

That was hilarious on multiple levels. Nick Drake is the man, pink moon is the best album.

Thank you for starting this thread. the memories...