I want to keep my HD's but i also want to completelly erase previous deleted files...

I want to keep my HD's but i also want to completelly erase previous deleted files, whats the best way and how many passes ?

DL wise care 365
Use 7 pass
>senior IT

Its called the Schneier 7 pass method, just google it

I'm currently using CCleaner with 7 passes and DP_SHREDDER with 3 passes combined

Gutmann

ok just hold shift and also delete and it will permanently delete the files (i can take computers apart etc)

Thermite

lol

Install your opterating système again
If it's like windows, put the CD in, restart your computer, the first menu is about formatting hard drives. You can erase everything easely

dban 100% but you must reinstall os on your own.

any modern HDD will be completely unrecoverable after a single pass, you dont need no stinkin 7 passes.

however, how do you know if the formatiing software hasnt been tampered wiht by some TLA? you dont, so a simple way to make sure yuour data is gone is to make a ton of copies of the movie Titanic until your drive is 100% full.

/thread (if you don't care how long it takes)

OK John download a programme called dban

topkek

gutman will just reduce the life of your drive. its overkill

And if you want to keep your HD's but also want to Erase data even from the Police !?! /thread

OP do you know what shellbags are?

Holly fuck ! I just download a software to see what shellbags are, and it showed like a history of my opnened folders and files ! How to get rid of that ? lol

op's target ist to
>completelly erase previous deleted files
so the only method to do so ist guttman (else the data may be recovered) or to completely shred the disc

Install gentoo

kek

fucked up eh? Most ppl dont know

there are plenty of removers out there tho

Shellbag AnalyZer is pretty Scary !

even gutt himself said you dont need that much on modern day HDD

dban.org/download

implying that it is a modern HD

Wow guys, that dude was right ! You should pass some Disk Wipe software or Free Space Overwriter and after that you should pass some Shellbags clean !

microwave. one pass. make some keychains out of them so you never lose your car keys again.

Just format it using default winblows tools and dont select quick option

Right?

ccleaner disk wiper set to 7 with all options ticked is more than fine. Wiping free space (thumbnails etc) on main drive at some time is a good idea

CCleaner free space wipe on Gutmann

Also, install Eraser and only ever delete files you want permanently gone with this, not Windows trash

(cont)
Forgot to add - Eraser is freeware from Heidi

dban
must have a brain also

Schneier 7 or DoD-7 then re-format the drive.

keked

A fire
20mins should do

C'mon Hillary....