I've been listening to a lot of new music lately and most of it is kind of underwhelming...

I've been listening to a lot of new music lately and most of it is kind of underwhelming. I want to break the boredom and listen to an interesting album. What's a good engaging album that will keep on my toes, Sup Forums? Like something that is full of unexpected sounds and shit. Thanks in advance.

(Preferably no metal)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJhrowHV9KI
youtube.com/watch?v=oAm2eEm8Uuw
youtube.com/watch?v=lBeiuhb36RY
youtube.com/watch?v=FAApF-FDkoY
youtube.com/watch?v=sGFxw7MZGm0
youtube.com/watch?v=lstVQxf0p3Y&t=847s
youtube.com/watch?v=l97mbF7J-r4
youtube.com/watch?v=8oBbJg_PqbU
youtu.be/u0nf-WKT1io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>preferably no metal
there's your problem. But judging from your pic listen to something other than "best house mix April 2017" videos on YT.
>inb4 "he didn't post muzik"
why bother you're not gonna listen to it.

Looking for music to be full of unexpected things instead of just allowing yourself to be taken away sounds like a personal problem, man. But here's some shit that will keep you on your toes:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJhrowHV9KI

youtube.com/watch?v=oAm2eEm8Uuw

youtube.com/watch?v=lBeiuhb36RY

youtube.com/watch?v=FAApF-FDkoY

youtube.com/watch?v=sGFxw7MZGm0

Yeah metal is your only route dude.

Or jazz...

Once you're bored of music is when you start making it

otherwise you'll be a generic Sup Forumstant that just posts the same dozen bands over and over like

I never see Blonde Redhead, Yoshiko Sai, June Of 44, or Negro Necro Nekros discussed here.

youtube.com/watch?v=lstVQxf0p3Y&t=847s

enjoy

yes set fire to flames is practically death grips at this point

did you not see the guy above me post spiderland

youtube.com/watch?v=l97mbF7J-r4

or better yet

oh I see. you're new so you lack perspective. whatever. lurk more. at least its still a novelty to you.

imagine being this much of a miserable sack of shit

Again, I never see Blonde Redhead, Yoshiko Sai, June Of 44, or Negro Necro Nekros discussed here. I've been here for years now, and the only time Blonde Redhead I've seen mentioned is 23. Not their self-titled debut. The only time I see June Of 44 mentioned is in reference to being a Spiderland ripoff which is horrible misinformation and discredits their accomplishments with Engine Takes To Water, as well as Tropics And Meridians and Four Great Points. I've never seen Yoshiko Sai discussed here ever. I only ever see Negro Necro Nekros brought up...never in fact. dalek is solely brought up in industrial hip-hop threads, as well as in reference to Death Grips but nobody ever discusses the albums themselves, LET ALONE NNN.

if you actually weren't new and didn't lie youd know those were

A) basic rym-core
B) there hasn't been any "discussion" on mu since the tourist left
C) Sup Forums is a r9k infested shithole now that just posts whiny music all day and hates anyone that suggests actually learning an instrument to make music themselves

you forgot one

D) autistic faggots who wasted their entire lives shitposting on this board and now spend their days trying to get everybody else to hate music as much as they do for no reason at all

>hate music as much as they do for no reason at all
I hate the lack of creativity or drive this place causes.

Why make music? Just be a generic faggot that does nothing but post personality charts all day and just consume, consume, consume. Never produce. In fact, get angry when someone suggests picking up an instrument or making something.

This place is a shithole by this point and there aren't many online alternatives to it now.

I don't browse RYM. I know there isn't discussion, I never said anything to the contrary. The third point has no relevancy to what we are talking about, though I agree people should learn an instrument because what else are they up to?

>Sup Forums is a r9k infested shithole now that just posts whiny music all day and hates anyone that suggests actually learning an instrument to make music themselves
this so much

>preferably no metal
what are you, fucking gay?

Say I do play an instrument, which I do; are you suggesting that I listen to my own music like some fucking turbo autist? Or perhaps consider that not all of us are NEETS and actually have shit to do and don't have time to go out and make a band or whatever. Stop being fucking retarded.

Coil - Love's Secret Domain

nice dubs but you are the most pretentious person on Sup Forums and the reason why this board is so terrible

stay miserable fag

good job user why dont you make another chart

You don't sound like you're well-adjusted, man. You should probably take your advice and go make some music.

>Yoshiko Sai
Goddamn. I never thought I'd see her around here. Taiji no Yume is the GOAT album. Shouts out for being the only poster I've ever seen namedrop her.

>I can't respond to this argument so I'm just going to repeat myself

Your argument is fucking retarded. Op could release tons of music and still have nothing to listen to because why the fuck would he want to listen to shit he made?

If you hate this board and everything posted on it so much why don't you fuck off instead of making whiny inane posts like a child.

Wow user! you're so busy like a real grownup! It's not like people find time to do things outside of work! :) Laboring away at Walmart with no aspirations or hobbies is the life!
>inb4 studying to be engineer

I'm still digesting Mangekyou and Mikko. They're pretty damn great, but listening to Taiji no Yume's title track right now goddamn. This is fucking out there.

med school actually

stop projecting user

Might be what you need

Mangekyou and Mikko are both killer. Taiji no Yume is still my fave though. The title track is my favorite thing she's done. I love the flamenco influence. It's great to see her pop up around here though. Like, I can't even call her RYM-core because she has so few reviews.

underrated post 2bqh families

The difference being?

yeah you're right engineers and doctors are basically the same thing

sorry about your life

I never get bored of this one
youtube.com/watch?v=8oBbJg_PqbU

Congrats on only reading the greentext.

no I read it, I told you to stop projecting in my first reply

once again, sorry about your life

Oh man, Keeley Hazell, I completely forgot about her. I fucking love her

youtu.be/u0nf-WKT1io

>rym
One of the worst aspects of this board is you and your ilk posting your RYM accounts and talking about reviewers like Fantano, Pitchfork, whoever the fuck, instead of discussing the music itself.