Is it possible to get a house/apartment with cold cash? Lets just say I get my money in a less than legal way...

Is it possible to get a house/apartment with cold cash? Lets just say I get my money in a less than legal way, I don't want to launder it because that A.More illegal and B.I don't make THAT much for it to be worth it.

Anyway, I could afford to rent a house or an apartment, but I don't have bank statements, a job, proof of insurance, etc.

So if I offer a landlord the money up front in cash, or something simialr would that work? Or would they not rent to me because of how shady that sounds? I could just give em some excuse like "Yeah I inherited this money from my grandfather".

My concern is that they would get suspcious, contact authorities, and I would have to answer to serious questions about my income.

What do?

Depends on how much cash/the type of person. If you're earning a considerable amount of money to the point where you can buy the house right off, then it's probably worth laundering it.

If it isn't enough to buy the house, and the rent's cheap, then the dude probably won't even think that you've earned it illegally.

Generally speaking, you want to make sure that you don't rent a spot that's too expensive to the point where all the other tenants are way older, or of a specific class where the landlord can easily tell that you do not belong.

"straw man"...
>just get someone who looks better on paper than you do to handle your sunnyside transactions...
but their are plenty of seedy slumlords who will take cash -
you won't be livin anywhere nice - and forget buyin a new car (being in a slightly similar situation I quickly learned the hard way that I'll ALWAYS own used cars...)

Paid cash for every place i have ever had. Landlords are the slime of the world except my current.

Well i'm fairly young, college age. I don't have enough to buy a house, I should have specified renting. Although a young college student doesn't usually have enough cash to pay off 6 months - year of rent.

I would be renting a place for 3 people to live, none of us make enough legal tender to afford a place. Also laundering is kinda lost on me, I've read into it but I figure my best bet is "buy and flip used cars" as a source of legal money, but I don't even know how to declare that cash or prove that I got it that way.

I don't need high society, just a decent house, the issue is finding said seedy slumlord and yeah, I'll always be getting my cars from the "By owner" side of craigslist.

Why don't you just deposit the money? People will just think you're a used car salesman or something if you're not a dick about it

And they didn't ask for you to prove where you got the cash?

I see you bought a home this year, Mr. Dumb Nigger, and how did you afford that with your less than legal means of income?

wut

You could just create a fake company, set up a website, use it or not. Then just say you work for yourself. You can start paying yourself, just enough so you earn barely enough to pay taxes. Leave the money in the bank and pay everything by cash.

It will be easy to scale up if you make more money and that's a great fucking thing to have in your CV.

AKA laundering money...

Also renting paying cash is pretty easy in Europe. When I say I work for myself people are always a bit skeptical, I offer to pay 3months rent in advance because I just sold my car and have plenty of cash on hand. I also agree to pay beggining of every month.

This guy is right You could just ask your family, friends etc, people older than you with a higher status and it won't be suspicious. Just make sure it's someone you can trust

Could you expand on this thought? Whatever company I start, wouldn't I have to provide some sort of proof of how that money is being made?

I mean couldn't I just make a page on etsy or a similar site, sell some overpriced garbage, buy a bunch of it myself (sent to worldwide fake/unused addresses) and use that as legal income?

You literally just said how to launder

for starters, dont pretend to sell anything their might be questions of inventory - offer a phony "service" like IT... thats a good one 'cause most people dont understand shit about computers
if, by chance, some actual person comes along and wants your "service" just say you're not taking anymore new clients right now
also - serious thought here - anyone know any hookers? how do they deal with their money? (dont say "pimps")

just lie and say you have a job, if to rent they want to do a credit check then your boned but other than that most landlords love a cash paying tennet

So I follow the steps, make the website and all, pretend my clients pay me in cash, deposit this into the bank and boom easy laundering?

What if I am subject to investigation and asked to reveal who my clients are and suddenly I have a blank list.

Nope, they like to line their pockets and not pay taxes i assume.

transactions over 10,000 are audited, so either you launder that money or expect to be questioned when you tax statement doesn't line up with your expenditure

I think you overestimate how much the government cares.

They don't care if you are making money illegally as long as you pay taxes on it.

the best policy is to (obviously) not get investigated...
having a "source of income" and bank account/ credit cards makes you look legit - but you still keep your business mostly cash
no ones interested in investigating someone who only made a few hundred bucks last month...
I've only got like 40 dollars in my bank account right now I still do most of my biz in cash or crypto...

Greendot Visa at Walmart. You can refill them with cash. Usually you got 4-5 Walmarts in any given location. Rotate between those for refills on the Visa. You'll use this for paying utilities. Don't fill it too often, either 1 time a week, every 2 weeks, or every 4 weeks - use the same amount each time for the deposit (based on once a week, 2 weeks or 4 weeks). Use the same day each time you fill it too - usually a Friday, late afternoon like 3-4 pm. This makes it look like you're using your paycheck from a normal job to fill it. It establishes a normal pattern and routine that will not be easily detected by any accounting software as abnormal.
For rent, bank cashier's checks or money orders - 7-11 carries money orders, and it is practically expected to use cash to purchase these. Purchase once a month for rent, make a photocopy of the money order before you use it to pay your rent, unless the apartment takes Visas, then you can use the Greendot too.
For emergencies, just use your cash or convert to money order. Stick to cash for groceries and the like.

Less paperwork, less problems.

How much cash are you laundering? If you're pulling in 40/50g's a year you might need to worry about doing that kind of shit, if its lower you can just come up with some bullshit cash jobs and post ads for it on craigslist and shit. Tutoring jobs, walking pets shit like that where there's no paperwork. The biggest reason people need to launder money in the first place is because they're idiots that want to stunt on stupid shit like cars or vacations (where they instagram the entire fucking thing and post pics up for everyone). If you're a young dude with rent being your biggest expense it's easy to pay for most of the shit you do with cash

Yeah I know you can even straight up declare illegal income on one of their forms.

Thing is i've never done taxes, haven't had to, I've had few jobs and no big purchases that i've had to sign my name on.

I should probably read up on it and not be one of those ignorant criminals.

Alright, that sounds like a pretty good way to go. Thanks user.

I make roughly $15k a month, given I spend alot of it on stupid shit, food, drugs, expensive decor, and other random stuff. The only thing I really need to make it look legit for is rent, I bought my car off craigslist, and I don't "Flex" or "Stunt" on FB/Insta/Snapchat. I don't really go on vacations.

Keep all transactions in the normal ranges for paychecks - $250-330ish or so for a week, double that for every 2 weeks, quadruple it for 4. Thate based off a weekly paycheck earning $11.25 an hour at 32-40 hours a week, after state and federal taxes, social security, and Medicare withholdings.
As for the Walmarts you fill at, choose usually the 2 closest to your home. This keeps it looking legit.
Any deposits OR withdrawals or series of either in amounts totalling $10,000 will trigger a report to the IRS. This is monthly.

im aware of the $10k rule and structuring. Another reason why I wouldn't want to pay so many months of rent upfront, incase the landlord deposits that money into a bank, has to fill out the IRS form, and then it gets traced back to me.

I like this method the best, but what do I tell the landlord if they ask any questions about my credit or sources of income? It seems that most run background checks and are real into finding out your credit history. I can pretend I have a job and do the money order thing if they don't look into my background easily.

Ask al capone

Rent a place from an immigrant, not a chance they're claiming that income

Buying a new car from the dealer is a bad idea any ways. you lose 1/3 the value when you drive out the shop.

You see it all the time, 80k car parked in front of some shack in the ghetto.

Move to mexico OP, no one asks shit as long as cash goes first

It really depends on the car. If you are buying a bmw then yeh jit will depreciate like a fucking rock. If you buy a lower class car with a very good reputation of reliability then the cost of ownership will be basically nothing in some cases. I bought a brand new nissan versa for 9 grand a couple years ago and put 10k miles on it in a year and sold it for 10 grand.

Most background checks for renters are for past convictions, not work history.
If they ask for work/job information on the new tennent form, keep it as close to the work you do as possible only legal.
If you flip cars, tell them you work as an auto detailing/cleaning service tech; if you're a dealer, tell them you work in local parcel or flower deliveries, etc.
As for credit history, tell them you just started working this job a few months back, you had been living with parents and saving up to get out on your own. You never owned a credit card or had good credit, so no credit history.

The best way to launder money is through a bank. So, what excuse would you have for making money? Well, starting a business of course. Buy a little, sell a lot. Deal in cash sales; barbering, food stalls, etc. Pay tax on the profit. Before you know it you can draw a big fat "salary" from your new business and nobody will be any the wiser.

I would tell you to save the money hidden somewhere and when you have to quit the bussines, get a job and make the saved money look like incomes from your work or investings. Could also use with other methods together

funny how this particular thread is mostly real polite and informative... on Sup Forums...
>MUH BOIPUCCI!!!!
>DRUMPF!!!
>TITS OR GTFO!!
...how do I go about my criminal enterprise, y'all?
... WHOA... ok settle down everybody time to talk serious for a minute...

>Things that never happened

Lol OP here.

I was a little surprised on all the good advice and information here, I mostly expected

"LOL GTFO NIGGER ENJOY YOUR PRISON RAPE"

But on a website where everyone is assumed to be a 40 year old neckbeard, instead we have an elite group of criminal masterminds.

Whats so unbelievable about cheap reliable cars keeping their value?

Because dealers always want to make a buck and if the have a car that is worth 10k they wont sell it for 9.
Why would any one buy a 2e hand when they can get a new one for 1 k less

Guy who told you about greendot here.
I'm actually a tax accountant. Never did anything illegal in my life really.
I just dislike the IRS, and taxation in general. I help clients (legally) keep as much as their money as possible from the IRS and state tax commissions, and I'm just damn good as what I do.
I attribute it all to spite.

Here's my experience in renting an apartment (current renter). You have to prove you have a steady income source. I'm on neetbux even that's good enough. But you have to say where it's from regardless. They check. Also you have to pay a few months rent up front the first time. I don't know how most places are but my apt manager only takes money order and check, and you can easily get those with cash. Good luck user

Here's a really easy way to get your cash into the banking system without it showing as some kind of money laundering. Start two accounts at one bank. A business account and a chequing account. The business one needs to be one where cash is the norm, i.e. market trader or street vendor. (example a mobile food van that does the festival circuit). Make sensible trips to the bank to bank your weekly takings.
Anything you want to spend on anything transfer to your cheque account as if you were paying a legit salary. Pay taxes on your earnings like the good citizen you are on paper. So in short to all intentions you are a legit business owner and all your paperwork is in order. Nobody is ever likely to actually want to see you "Hot Dog Van" or whatever you choose. Just mimick the normal financial transactions of a legit one man small business. If you need to get more money into the system do the same at another bank or create a larger "company".

Dealers don't make as much money as they used to selling cars It's not about getting you to pay that extra grand on the list price anymore. They make their money off the interest when you finance it as well as the servicing the car will need. They buy the cars whole sale from the manufacturer and will only make 2-3% of the total price when they sell it. That's like a couple hundred bucks. All they care about is getting you at that table and negotiate your contract and that's where they make all the money. Learn to negotiate at that point and you can walk out with a very good deal.

based user...
not op here - most of what i do for money is legal but i still prefer to keep as much of it under the table and off the books as i can...
I dont pay the tax jew...

Tax guy here - in the US, creating a business account usually requires a EIN number (employer indentification number) from the IRS (it's free) or depending on your state, a state business tax number (could cost). Some states allow you to use your own SSN for the purposes of state businesses owned by a sole proprietor - you're self employed then.
Using any of those as paying yourself as an employee will trigger an IRS and/or state investigation into source of revenue for taxation purposes. Needless to say, the criminal investigation will follow once it is determined where the income came from.
It's fine if he is self employed, but without him never having filed a tax return, and paying the gub'mint their cut of the cash, he could be looking at some deep dicking in federal pens for tax evasion and other criminal charges. They didn't get Capone on criminal charges, they got him on tax evasion.

so what is the best or most effective method? personally I am thinking about investing some legal money $75-100k into a couple houses and appts i can rent out to generate pasive incomee