Let's post top tier scenes in otherwise mediocre to bad movies...

Let's post top tier scenes in otherwise mediocre to bad movies. There seems to be a great deal of movies where it's clear the creators only had a truly good vision for one small part of the over all story.

I'll start with King Kong

youtube.com/watch?v=nxpV9V7lup0https

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNC8riU4dzQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k
youtube.com/watch?v=cSNScgAxFu0
youtube.com/watch?v=6kVYqos7Sc8
youtube.com/watch?v=xLh5G04djHY
youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw
youtu.be/NBQJjqnG1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=S784Hn_1ivQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty disturbing.

how long do you think it took him to die?

Im going to assume he suffocated within at most 3 mins. That is assuming they are just sucking on his head and limbs.

Less time if they are chewing.

Insects don't team together like that to feed on shit

They would be eating each other honestly if they were that hungry

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

>were the 80's really like this?
i would sudoku rather than die like that

What a disappointing film.

>holy christ, holy christ
>Normal reaction would be closer to "Holy fucking shit, god no, fucking why"

It really should have been rated R

These are insects from a mythical island of ancient monsters in a pulp action adventure story

>what is ants

Nigger have you ever heard of army ants

give me 5 nature documentarys where this happens

>King Kong
>bad to mediocre
Why is there such a ridiculous standard for movies today?
Peter Jackson's King Kong is a good fucking movie.
There's some crappy CGI, it's a little long but there are so many great moments in it.

>King Kong
>mediocre to bad
Plebeian.

Not sure if Sup Forums watches any old kung-fu flicks but tons of them are pretty shit but are redeemed by the end fight sequence -

36 Crazy Fists - youtube.com/watch?v=cSNScgAxFu0
Snake Deadly Act training sequence (check it out at 57 mins) - youtube.com/watch?v=6kVYqos7Sc8
Blood of the Dragon final fight (1hour17min in) - youtube.com/watch?v=xLh5G04djHY

individual insects from the same species dont team up unless they are hiveminds, like ants and bees. multiple species of insects teaming up together is unheard of

I have them but they are all ant documentaries. Hope that is okay?

>what is a symbiotic relationship

They didnt team up. They all clearly had their own patches of territory within a few feet of each other.

This is why American Discovery Nature programs are bad for kids

Hundreds of giant bugs make their nests in a pit and wait for shit to fall into it. They're not "teaming up" they're just all coming out at once to tear pieces off for themselves.

If it makes you feel better then compare them to pissed off crabs. A lot of them have crab claws.

King Kong is pulpkino you retard.

Not bad. It's not as good of a concept as Robocop fully being a robot that slowly remembers that he is a human though. Making him aware that he is a human from the start kind of kills what makes Robocop interesting.

It's the general story of King Kong that's good, not this particular take on it

>Peter Jackson's King Kong is a good fucking movie.
i liek ur meme

>It's the general story of King Kong that's good, not this particular take on it
you got that backwards dude

WEW LAD

Its not good, get over it. A mediocre remake is mediocre remake. The original King Kong did not make me fall asleep, and it is in Black and White. This movie is bland, and it's miscast is boring.

>Making him aware that he is a human from the start kind of kills what makes Robocop interesting.
This faggot gets it.

i fucking hate bugs
i dont know why i hate them
but i really do

Peter Jackson Power Ranking

>Braindead
>King Kong
>Heavenly Creatures
>Return
>Fellowship
>Meet the Feebles
>Bad Taste
>Two Towers
>Lovely Bones
>(dog shit goes here btw)
>Frighteners
>Hobbit 2>1>3

It's natural to have a intrinsic hatred of creatures that are inhuman at the core of their being

epic bait!! xD

wtf i hate bugs now

seriously though when i was a kid i used to pick up bugs all the time, any kind, just hold them and play with them. then we got a pool when i was like 10 and i was always disgusted by all the dead bugs floating there and i think it gave me a phobia because i am sickened by insects of almost all kinds now as a 21 y/o man

That's genuinely how I feel, would you seriously disagree with very much of that list? I understand most people don't like King Kong, but don't think I'm too far off from the general consensus about the rest, am I?

underrated haiku

holy shit good catch user

It's like pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

This is a really fucking good scene.

it was a samefag. he responded to himself. its not pottery

[citation needed]

underrated haiku

That scene scarred me for life when i watched it when i was 10

are you shitposting? or are you just a newfag? i can't even tell

Can't find it on youtube but the part in World War Z where they're in the lab and they have to sneak past the windows without being seen by the zombie trapped inside because he'll alert the rest. That part was really cool. I hated the rest of the movie but that one part I thought was worthy.

you almost got me. i didnt catch it at first. thats a good haiku

not as good as dubs - i think you're the real winner. rest well tonight m8

youtu.be/NBQJjqnG1iI

Only because of the trash last act, honestly they just should have had the whole cast die except for the girl and set up a sequel where shes the queen of the island, now that would be a sick fucking twist.
But honestly the first two acts were pretty good
> everyone complains about the cgi but I can't recall a cgi heavy movie from that time that looked WAYYY better
>The Rex/Kong/Rex delivered more than the entire Jurassic park series in terms of brutal Dino fights
>The creature design was just different enough to stand out but also familiar
>Creepy as shit scenes like the bugs, and the savages.
Idk man, it reminded me of the shitty Syfy (back when it was sci-fi) monster movies that I loved watching as a child with my dad, just done better.

well, you can tell they putted a lot of their work into this scene as it technically was part of the original 1933 king kong, but it was lost (or incinerated as some say)
The art team put a lot of effort into it as a homage to that specific scene
The special effects team is also called Weta Workshop, so you get it

Yes, all the insects would recognize that the prey belongs to another, because they're civilized like that.

why wouldnt they eat each other
serious question

>reaches for the locket
>goes through his hand

So fucking good

Because, if they do cannibalize each other, they obviously hadn't reached the point where they were desperate enough to do so, fucking retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=S784Hn_1ivQ

It's a cool scene, but it really does feel like it's just to showcase how many cool giant bugs are on the island and it's weird that each type attacks a single guy. They should've split the scene into parts where they run into different kinds of bugs or something.

I really really liked this scene

they should have just focused on sandman, or venom alone

>cannibalize
theres multiple different species of bugs there

They were being opportunistic.
They probably do hunt other species, but why fight something that has an equal chance of taking you down when you can just go to town on the soft-bodied animals that are already half dead from falling off a cliff?

Ant colonies do go to war with each other and turn into cannibals if shit gets desperate though.

Do with that info as you will