Did Joss "cuck" Whedon really write this line? I find that hard to believe

Did Joss "cuck" Whedon really write this line? I find that hard to believe.

desu I think this was my favorite line in the whole movie

it's a quip but it shows cap's background as a more traditional guy

funny how the comics portray him more as a liberal now

Honestly how do they justify Thor and his shit in the MCU? Are they the gods of their world?

They're lower-case "g" gods. Cap's talking about the upper-case one.

He's making a reference to Cap's 1940s mindset. Like when he tipped Fury when they first met.

Oh.

Imagine how the nolan batman trilogy would've turned out if whedon was involved with it

Well who created those "gods"? and if I remember correctly there is an almighty God in the marvel universe (comics).

>implying an ultra-patriotic proto-baby-boomer wouldn't say this

America was way more into God in the early 1900's than it is now.

not religious but I thought this line was brilliant

>and if I remember correctly there is an almighty God in the marvel universe (comics)
Yeah, The One Above All(with a capital "The", miss that and you got two different characters). He's the avatar of the writter inside of the Marvel Universe. He's Stan Lee, Steve Dikto, Michael Bendis... You get the picture

he's an agent of hydra now

Seriously who thought this costume was a good idea, its fuck ugly

Avengers Cap costume is the worst.

Joss Whedon can be a pretty adept writer when he tries, this feels pretty tried and true to Cap's character and doesn't feel forced at all imho.

>"There's only one god, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that"
>fat black woman yells "AMEN TO THAT, CAP!"
>black guy on the other side of the theater shouts back "Preach it, sista!"
>my entire row (apart from me, obviously) stands up and starts improvising a song about praising the lord and captain america
>realise I managed to sit in the middle of a Gospel choir
>once they finish they song (towards the end of the Thor/Iron Man fight), I sigh as loudly as possible and leave the theater, slamming the door behind me.

He didn't tip Fury, Fury won their bet from earlier in the film.

>Summer 2012
>Visiting cousin in the states
>We decide to go see the Avengers
>Theater is packed, I find this weird because the film had been out for two months by this point
>We sit somewhere in the back, giggling as the front rows fill with overweight people barely able to fit in their seats and a few in fat people scooters
>The film starts, things go relatively well until we get to that scene
>The theater gets suspiciously quiet, I don't know what's about to happen but I can sense something coming
>"They're basically gods", the pilot says
>Our theater's audience is waiting with baited tuna breath
>Captain America appears
>"There's only one god, ma'am..."
>Already a few people start hooting and hollering
>"...and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
>Uproariously, the theater breaks out into applause and cheering. There are women weeping and men saluting, children dancing in the aisles.
>Some douchebag wearing a fedora takes out a guitar, and begins to strum it along to the tune of "God Bless the USA"
>The entire theater joins in unison, acting like it's Whoville at Christmas, waving flags and holding hands
>The projector suddenly stops the film, and a few minutes later, some old patriotic film begins to play. It was one of those old sing-along reels, this one with the National Anthem
>I suddenly realize, it's 4 July
>We're trapped, in the back, no way to escape as they sing all the verses of the National Anthem for 9 minutes and 11 seconds
>Some kid begins to shoot off fireworks in the middle of the theater and destroy the sprinklers
>Entire place goes up in flames, we barely make it out alive

If cap was really from the 40's he would be taking orders from a negro.

>Watching Avengers in Austin
>"There's only one God ma'am"
>Some guy in the audience "Hell yeah"
>Half of the audience start clapping
>Another guy starts running in front of the screen with an American flag
>USA USA USA USA

The comics are replacing Tony Stark with a black female teenager.

Marvel is dead as a comics company.

And then they all laughed at your retarded virgin ass while you throw your little tantrum, steaming and venting all on your own out the cinema and they're all cheering and having a great time with other people

>Watching Avengers in Dubai
>"There is only one god and his name is Allah, western slut, and muhammad is his prophet!"
>the theater erupts in a deafening "luhluhluhluh..."
>everyone gets down on their knees and starts praying to Mecca
>a woman with her ancles showing gets doused in a bucket of acid
>a man runs up in from the screen, screams "ALLAH AKBAR!", and explodes
>structural damage too great to watch the rest of the movie

MCU Asgardians are just just a really high-tech civilization.

>Falling for 2012 copypasta

>Entire place goes up in flames, we barely make it out alive

I dunno man, that sounds pretty fucking awesome.

He overdoes Cap old time-yness. He doesn't act like that in his own movies.

There should be a new more progressive Captain America who is a fat black genderqueer woman who murders cops and won't shut the fuck up about "fundies"

don't know shit about the comics, but in the first Thor movie, he explains that magic is just another form of science to them. In the second one Odin gets angry when Loki talks about himself as a god, and he yells at Loki that they are no gods. they aren't immortal, they are really just aliens with a very long life span, and obviously a lot tougher and stronger than regular humans and very high tech

In the comics they are not gods in the literal sense, but their abilities are still mystic rather than just high tech.

terrible, take a lap

god awful, take a lap

10/10

>if I take that off will you die?!
>it would be extremely painful
>You're a big guy
>that's what your mom says

Mostly the same.

wow

>They're lower-case "g" gods. Cap's talking about the upper-case one.