Hey b/

Hey b/
I'm studying neuroscience.
What neurological issue in society do you think is the most important to research/fix?
I will do my best to take this into consideration when I'm researching.
AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalnewstoday.com/releases/315630.php
australianoftheyear.org.au/honour-roll/?view=fullView&recipientID=1856
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could you stop OP from being a faggot? Thx

>Actually cares about OP being a faggot.

Idiocy, mankind need that to be fixed asap.

What's wrong with homosexuality?
Faggot.

The bible says it's wrong. How stupid are you

Research us. We're the culmination of American Society. We create the memes who shape Social Media, which in turn shapes Society. Our massive polls tip every and any social research. We are legion, we are anonymous.
Study the effect that the 'Anonymous' Acronym has on our brains, and it's relation to furry and trap thread popularity.

I see injectable electronics and similar technologies having great potential.

Nootropics can help foster neural connections in an analogous way to body builders using steroids.
>still requires hard work to get results.

However, I see lots room for implementation of the findings of neuroscience into schools.

probably stupidity, yeah

>I'm studying neuroscience
>I will do my best to take this into consideration when I'm researching
Babies first research experience?

Pro tip that's not how research under a PI works

Yup, fix stupidity. Logical thinking, so we can finally drop religion and focus on being efficient and moving forward.

Not if you get shit grades like you did

Thinks grades are involved in research
Much keks
You are so naive it's hilarious
Why do you gotta lie on the internet?

OP here.
I like the intelligence/stupidity idea.

Any specific dumb dumbs?

Hold up everyone we have a genius.
Stop posting and listen to this guy.
Please your assumptions are bordering on shitposting.
Enlighten me with your wisdom?

A cure for dementia would be pretty good. That shit is gonna be a major problem in the next 20-30 years. Hopefully the robot nurses will be around by then

I would say similar to aging itself that science can potentially "pull the rabbit out of the hat" and cure these things with hardcore genetic research or the like.

However a much more reasonable solution that will exist (similar to aging) is its prevention with specific modalities.

>be me
>chemist
>did research during my undergrad
>did research during my grad
>defended a thesis about my research
>currently work in a research lab

How does one grade someone's research? How much they learned? how much the progressed the science? Research is a for credit class therefore grades have nothing to do about what you research. Doing research unde a PI, mean you do your research under their research interests. Not your own.

Now please explain to me how I'm wrong

Misophonia.

anime

Already work with a neuroscientist because in the only person in their class.
>be me
>meet neuroscientist randomly at uni
>she befriends me because no one is studying her shit
>wanted to be neuroscientist for past few years
>given contacts of their colleagues
>attend their lectures

>Have close relationship.
>Speak their second language.
>Shares their research with me

Did you just start a Ph.D?

autism

the frontal lobe, you'll find the secrets to mankind

This is so fake and gay

Stop vaccinating.

Will consider.

It's a mental disease

Even more proof you are not an educated scientist

It's a joke you autist
Did you know evolutionarily this part of the brain has connections to movement. Therefore the more you move the more neurogenenis in the frontal lobe.
Dude it was random luck I taught myself a foreign language while working a dead end job for years.

My girlfriend has this.

Will consider.

>Dude it was random luck I taught myself a foreign language while working a dead end job for years.

Cool story Sup Forumsro, I still don't believe you. Tell me exactly what your "neuroscience" friend studies? How she seems to have her own lab? Who funds her lab? Why she'd fund you to go down some research avenue that does not progress her research interest?

Vitamin levels and their relation to depression and anxiety

My melanin enriched gentleman.

Covnitive dissonance caused by media and political issues or possibly the gender issue. There are only 2 genders.

That's just human psychology being used against us. They are taking advantage of human nature

Make it clear to the world that niggers are dumb.

She does not have her own lab she works out of another persons because our uni does not have the resources.
She was a doctor who went ass backwards into neuro after deciding doctoring wasn't for her and wanted to do research.

dude you have a bone to pick. I understand legitimacy in posts but this is absurd. You have insinuated so much about me. For example: did I say I had funded research right now?
No.
>is it on the cards?
Yes.
I posted this so I could hear the opinions of the average b/ user on what they think. Not get into a flame war about legitimacy of who I am.
I'm not your fucking enemy dude I would love to look at whatever research you have done Jesus Christ.

She studied the neuro-degenerative effects of MDMA on rats for her Ph.D. in neuroscience by inserting a permanent needle into its head sort of like a helmet with a clip around its chin with a tube which supplied the doses.
She said there was a fuck load of trial and error with the dose and many rats died.

The second language is French by the way.

Come on dude can't you just be nice for fucks sake.

feminism

Look up phrenology. Neuroscience could be said to have originated from racist thinking... From a modern perspective.

Getting political/sociological/psychological but I will of course consider this as well.

Did you know that nutrition is 4 times more likely than social support to put a depressed person into remission?
medicalnewstoday.com/releases/315630.php

No

>What neurological issue in society do you think is the most important to research/fix?
Nerve cell regeneration

Thank you sir.
There is so much promise in this field.
australianoftheyear.org.au/honour-roll/?view=fullView&recipientID=1856
This bad mother fucker has his own battles with a rare blood cancer.

It's because everything you are saying is a red flag in my experience in research. For an example now you are all of the sudden thinking/saying the PhD I work for works for someone else (which makes sense), you work for her but have no funding, no research project? Wtf, you'd be doing the research under a research topic that her bosses lab does. You don't just be like oh you study depression, I a non phd wants to study aggression. That shit would not fly

I have done research investigating the role of a specific GMO yeast abilities to secrete an enzyme, inulinase, to metabolize under utilized carbohydrates, inulin to fructose, in agriculture waste. This was funded by my uni and the USDA

Currently, I create GMO ecoli to investigate how the mutation effect the trafficking of heme when being attached to cytochrome c. This is being funded by the uni I work for and NIH grants

See how easy it was for me to say specifics, becuase my research experience is real

Kinda egotistic that they did not look at it as a way to improve themselves back then.
>they should have as you can see in the genetic decay today.

Take your vitamins kids.
>these numbers are a bit skewed as it is using already depressed people as study group.

Tinnitus. Caused my and many many others' anxiety and depression

Create a GMO of the bacteria in the mouth so they don't produce fucking cavities
Humans have put up with that shit long enough

No because the PI I work for doesn't do that research and is not set up to do that research. Maybe if I had my own lab but these problems are solved by basic oral hygiene practices

I respect your opinion highly, in fact you make these late night shitposts worth it.
>all of a sudden thinking/saying the PhD I work for works for someone else
No. They just started at my uni which has shit tier facilities. Does the fact I am the only person in their class make more sense?
>you work for her
As cliche as this sounds I don't give a shit about money. I tutor to get by.
>insinuating all research students must do what their associates are researching
Are you American? Not a poke I'm curious.
> oh a non PhD what's to study aggression
Once again dude I just want perspective from people on what they want to see researched.

Do you want me to say I'm not as experienced than you? I'm a degenerate, why do you think I'm on b asking for opinions?

>mfw I enjoy my life in science and love everybody I come into contact with because my life has meaning

What gets you up in the morning?
That sounds super interesting and super important dude I am not trying to be superior.
I'll reveal my underbelly...
Why do you do science?

Borderline personality disorder
Martyr complex

I can't think of any others right now

will also consider this
>screenshotting all ideas

I got highest possible grade considering martyr complex in an assignment already.

srrly, because your ears ring you get depressions.

Oh but yeah I'm a faggot will have to consider this

Being an asshole
Can that be fixed?

Yea I'm American

>Do you want me to say I'm not as experienced than you? I'm a degenerate, why do you think I'm on b asking for opinions?
no, your story just doesn't add up. while profs are being interviewed the give presentations on their research and what research they are going to do. And how that research adds to the depts. already existing research weighs in heavily in hiring decisions. She already has research interests, I don't believe you have the freedom you think you have to choose your research topic. I don't think you understand what it takes/costs to do research. I don't think you have a clue.

>Why do you do science?
To address this, I enjoy working with my hands and understanding how the world works around me. I'm also enjoy how it's driven by theories and not opinions.

>American
>it's like that here so it must be like that everwhere
Where am I from?
>understands how all research all over the globe is done
>if it didn't happen to me it must not be true
She went to America and said research environment there sucks dick
>mfw I know a female South American quantum physicist
>helps me with math
Have you ever been out the country ffs?
Met foreign people, learnt a foreign language?
>I want to do blue sky research
Tell me more about about the specifics of what I want to research with my friend/mentor/teacher?
>insinuates
>She never mentioned her research interests to me ever
>insinuates like only an American can

Fake and gay

Fin

your thoughts on LSD?

Its ridicolous how much it could help, its like geting a screwdriver gifted but still using a hammer.