Hello fellow software engineers(not you free lance web design faggots) why do people not in our trade believe creating...

Hello fellow software engineers(not you free lance web design faggots) why do people not in our trade believe creating applications is fucking easy?

Because it's easy to use them, then it's easy to make one. Asuming they are good designed

They mostly only see the presentation layer, buttons fields and etc, they believe that the presentation itself is the whole program.

Math is hard.
Implementing math into functionality is harder.
I just want to point and click.

But that's a trait of ignorance. I don't go around thinking "wow it's easy to make a car because it's easy to drive one"

Exactly, that's the problem, they don't know the process and dificulty of making apps, and assume that is easy

Actually unless you are building a application that requires using alot of math to work there really isn't much math but there is alot of logic going on. So what you mean to say is logical thinking is hard.

Because its pretty pointless in many cases

What is pointless?

Same... Your response makes no sense.

You're right. Logic is hard.
Implementing logic into functionality is harder.
I just want to point and click.

So being able to see the innards of a vehicle somewhat more then a software application. That qualifies them as less ignorant to the fact.

What do you have against website designers?

They only know how to kode in js and ruby .
That's enough.

Not even. Most of them are just template WYSIWYG fags with some of them having just enough understanding to get some kind of back end MVC installed.

The problem it's seems easy from the outside

>not you free lance web designers
I hope you don't mean web developers in that statement?

I hope too

No that statement does not include true software engineers. If you can make a web application(application != Site) then you are good.

Maybe for non-comp sci majors. I can use pretty much any version of C and some Java just as well as php, perl, rails, coldfusion, python using ajax and ofc all front ends.

Idk why you think developing backends are any different than using any other dynamic/static languages.

because it is fucking easy. you not knowing how to create them and having to copy everything from stackoverflow, doesn't make it hard for people who actually know. you're an engineer, you don't create apps, just talk gibberish about how them should be...

Because they have no idea what an alogrithm is or how it applies to a software design.

That's better, thanks for the clarification

Technically Math is logic applied to numbers

It's not that different, if you code properly ... here lies all the problem. I mean, when you see software made with electron (umm atom) ...

>Implying this hard.

I never said it was hard for me but I'm not ignorant like you to believe that it is actually that easy. Your view is jaded and although stack overflow is a wonderful tool for a engineer most of the questions are full of idiots that don't read the fucking documentation of the api they are using.

because it is hard.
Especially if you are dealing with limited resources.
People don't realize what kind of magic embedded developers practice to fit all of the shitty washing machine's programs in 256kbyte of ram, so their company can save 1 cent per machine built

I hope your resume/job description says software engineer. Don't sell yourself short if you can make a web application.

Hello, OP. Literal neurosurgeon here. I personally find brain surgery easy, just time consuming. I have no idea how to develop software though. Not a clue.

What type of board, environment and language do you have to work with?

I would imagine it's not that hard because all the diagnosis has been done for you. You just have to remember what to cut up and be precise.

It is easy, it just takes a lot of time (depending on the application they want you to develop) and unless it is something you really want to do yourself it is not very fun.

Actually it's not that hard. It's just that there are so many people doing it that the trade is full of untalented people.

Any fellow OpenG-ers? I'm working on a project to learn 3D shit. Would love for someone to help me out.

If i were you i would be worried about your future. Us software engineers are going to automate your profession eventually.

I dont think people believe this at all

Dont start a flame war you fucking idiots.

>free lance web design faggots
>implying that I don't make more money in 4 months than you do a year

It seems you have forgotten js css html vb and every other language including some for the .net framework. you fucking tool. Also BI/SQL fag for Microsoft stack here.

OP didn't say anything about money

educating myself now to join the trade.
its a whole different way of thinking for me.

The implication that I was a faggot because I offer web design. So I said, NAH.

Because it is ! (but it takes at least 10 years to make something at least quite acceptable)

You're a faggot because the internet is shit

You'd be stupid not to make at least 6 figures off the internet.

Then you are a software engineer idiot. Do not sell yourself short if you can create web applications.

See my post here

FagU.
I don't want to make money anymore. So where are my b/rothers to rock some shit, you'll never get legally paid one penny?

Still not talking about money. You are really making my point for me. The internet is shit because it's all about taking money now. You ruined everything. Look at this shit web site, full of shit advertisements. The internet was fine before web developers came and messed everything up with their shit and crap.

Trivial applications ARE fairly easy to make using modern frameworks. Learning how to do android application programming for a side-project right now. You can get functionality that most people would consider an application just by specifying an xml layout. Madness.

Like the guitar playing fags who learn a few chords and then believe they can play music.

Just because you learned a, b, and c, does not mean you are ready to read the library of congress.

SomeOne
Pissed
InMyInternet!

Go take your shitty laggy parallax scrolling website and shove it up your ass. Along with the website where you got the template from.

Lol you are kidding yourself kid. You don't make more money in 4 years than most back end developers do in 1 year at big firms. Enjoy building $500 websites for the rest of your life nigger.

UX designers earn more than code monkey too, but you can find examples for both sides and this argument isnt productive

Google

Because school does not teach how to problem solve. It only requires you to provide a solution for a chosen scenario. No problem solving or intuitive thinking required.

>Math is hard

No... it's not. It's just like the coding language you learned. You need to understand the syntax and a few grammar words, and few reserved terms/words and away you go.

>Sup Forums
>productive

FagUandFagDæCash!
FollowMæphToTheWallOfDaæth!

That's the issue. Even sessioned engineers are starting to think like this because all the hard leg work to bring you these frame works has already been done.

OP here. I never finished past the first year of highschool and i have better problem solving skills and knowledge about software engineering then someone who slaved away their life through school. I always tell people that school past highschool is for people to lazy to attain and search for knowledge themselves.

and people who like to apply for jobs that require degrees

Poor bait

OP again. This is a unfortunate fact that a degree somehow implies you are equipped and smart enough to do the task... When in reality it is not. I lucked out and was able to prove myself with out such a degree.

Not bait. My experience and opinion. Lurk more.

>with out
your handshake must be the fucking bomb

Well if it's not bait, than you are just plain fucking stupid. There are tons of jobs that REQUIRE a shit load past high school. I'm glad that slapping around on a keyboard didn't for you, but you are no Einstein

Not really i was working at the Help desk of a small company and took on a project that blew the minds of all the senior engineers when i completed it. It was like as if they were stunned that some lowly support desk jokey could create something they could never imagine. That was the starting point of my career using that to vouch for other jobs and then in turn using those jobs to vouch for others.

Never implied i was. And no you are right there are professions that require more school but that is only because the knowledge is not easily available outside of that institutions walls. University's have a agenda to you know.

There is no school that teaches real world problem solving.

Playing chess is the best way I can think of to learn problem solving.

There are however some jobs that i thought i would land if i said i had a education. So i would list a fake university in a foreign country that i created out of thin air. Complete with fake diploma, web application, pictures and staff(universitys phone number would route to my phone and i would pick up with a accent and verify myself). It's really quite convincing.

Creating an application is easy.
Creating a maintable / good performing application that can be expanded for future wishes is hard.

Half ture about the maintable/performing part. The other part not so much it's easy for those that do it. but the learning curve is not a cake walk for someone who does not.

I also learned a great deal about how background checks work and they are laughable at best.

Writing code is easy.

Any fucking slut can put together enough code to merge sort a deck of cards.

What's hard is reaching quality, reliability and performance.

It's soo hard that most commercial companies that fucking sell software can't seem to get it right. Microsoft, Google, Facebook, HalfBrick, Twitter - you name it. They've all screwed up on quality, reliability and/or performance in significant ways.

OP here. Where do i state writing. I said creating. The creation of something encompasses all parts required to make it reality. Therefore it is fucking hard...