Why would anyone pay 300 fucking million dollars for this piece of shit?

Why would anyone pay 300 fucking million dollars for this piece of shit?

It's "Interchange (de Kooning)" and was sold for $300 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdLB5l2wN3o
recode.net/2014/8/2/11629454/this-post-is-art-framed-Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why would anyone pay 300 fucking million dollars for this piece of shit?

Because it's "subjective art".

>tfw you will not see an Van Gogh in your lifetime

So if i take a shit on a plate, and call it art, is it?

Yeah,if you has a "meaning behind".

Also,do you think that i am in defense of that shit?

During the cold war the CIA secretly pushed abstract expressionist artists such as de Kooning and Jackson Pollock to create the elitist modern art culture and put America at the forefront of the art world.

youtube.com/watch?v=KdLB5l2wN3o

It's beautiful. Great composition and colors.

Google Piero Manzoni's "Artist's Shit".

That should provide you with an adequate answer.

apparently whoever bought it thought it was valuable

why the fuck do you care, people can spend their money however they like

this was shown as a piece of art at the Amory Modern Art Show in 1913

I was actually going to bring up dada and Marcel Duchamp, due to his thoughts on art in general.

Though "Fountain" was actually attempted to be installed at the Society of Independent Artists' show in 1917, which he resigned his position from after they claimed it wasn't art.

He only helped advise picking pieces for the Armory Modern Show in 1913.

When you grow up you will realise that you don't get taxed for pieces of art.

People without skill want to degrade the meaning of the word art to sell their worthless garbage. It also has to do with pride and being progressive.

They basically fall under the nihilists of nothing matters destroying morals.

I'm so going to watch this when I have the time today.

Yeah

"A tin was sold for€124,000 atSotheby'son May 23, 2007;[5]in October 2008 tin 83 was offered for sale at Sotheby's with an estimate of£50–70,000. It sold for £97,250. On October 16, 2015, tin 54 was sold at Christies for £182,500. The tins were originally to be valued according to their equivalent weight in gold – $37 each in 1961"

Tins

Of shit.

IT'S CALLED TAX EVASION. GOD 4CHIN GROW UP

That reminds me. My art professor in collage was talking about "what is art". One example was a discussion how the Canadian governemnt gave somebody 4000 dollars to create a piece of art.

All the artist did was a blank canvass. It even got put in a gallery with the story. The teacher was talking about how "deep and philosophical" it was. Thankfully it was an open talk so me and some other people were just saying it was a scam.

All you have to do as an "artist" is learn to market yourself and your work, get a circlejerk fandom going, and sell your most popular shitty hamfisted piece of "art" on the auction house. Easy $1k a pop at least.

Why would anyone pay $90,000 for a print out of a Sup Forums post?

recode.net/2014/8/2/11629454/this-post-is-art-framed-Sup Forums-post-sells-for-90900-on-ebay

I understand the appeal of abstract art, but what the fuck is that supposed to symbolize to be worth $300 fucking million?!

I wouldn't pay for any 286x347 JPEG, period.
Other than that, you're a cultureless pleb for not knowing DeKooning and his impact on art.