What a fantastic first step for the blizzard cinematic universe (BCU)

What a fantastic first step for the blizzard cinematic universe (BCU)

Lol it was terrible on like 15 levels

Extended Cut when? Since everyone complained the movie's pace sucks the studio has to be insane to not release the extra 40 or so minutes.

am i the only one who liked it? i mean its not perfect but it was still pretty badass.

who /starcraft/ here?

>tfw no pic related kerrigan

It was a solid 6-7/10 desu.

>"For you to mention it by name in the same breath as the dark portal is too much to be meme"

How the fuck did Antonidas know about the dark portal before Khadgar told him about it? I know in Warcraft 3 he had the Book of Medivh, but where the fuck is he getting this info from?

Gul'dan was the most badass villain we've seen in a film since I don't know when... the matrix?

Gul'dan was the redeeming factor for me

"What'd she say?"
"She said she wants you to spare her child"
"But I need him.. I need all of them"

*>mere

And in cast you are wonder the term Dark Portal is first used by Antonidas in the film, so that's why I'm asking how the fuck he knows what it is.

Apparently the novelization of that scene is way better. He has a long monologue about killing everyone

The novel of the film ended with Gul'dan, Garona, and the horde building a massive bone and steel fortress as a combined alliance and dwarf army awaited, ready for battle.

end of september iirc

>that moment when he takes off his robe to fight doomhammer

Guldan was fucking baller as shit.

He fought Durotan not doomhammer. Orgrim doomhammer is probably going to kill Gul'dan if there's a sequel, or Thrall will.

>OH SHIT THATS HIS BACK

yeahh dude.

Apparently the studio lost 15 million, but yet they already green lit the sequel.

Big screen zerg rush when?

>Extended Cut when?

Let me sum up everything in the novelization cut from the film.

* Flash back to cocky kid Medivh in Dalaran in the Chamber of the Air before the Council of Six, including Antonidas, passes the test and become part of the Kirin Tor
* Durotan and Orgrim meets Grom Hellscream. Grom is 100% a follower of Gul'dan. Believes the fel magic makes them strong.
* Gul'dan meeting Medivh during the night watching the humans flee the Horde. Gul'dan tells Medivh he kept Garona as a slave and brought her to Azeroth for him. Confirms Medivh = Garona's father
* Orgrim Doomhammer escaping into the forest before Gul'dan opens the Dark Portal
*Ending with Gul'dan, Garona, and the horde building a massive bone and steel fortress as a combined alliance and dwarf army awaited, ready for battle.

There is more but I can't think of them right now.

>Apparently the studio lost 15 million, but yet they already green lit the sequel.

You guys ready for ships and DRAGONS?

>Orgrim doomhammer is probably going to kill Gul'dan

Orgrim won't try to do that. He knows he would get killed in like ten seconds by Gul'dan. Gul'dan was actually mad he lost Doomhammer, and regarded him as his best fighter when he fleed.

Anyone else think this movie would have been better if it were all animated? The human/orc scenes at the end were disorienting.

I recap seeing a tweet from duncan jones back when it first came out in theaters saying there was no extended cut

recall* fuck

Don't want another Final Fantasy so no. Human actors mixing with the orc motion capture was not bad in the final cut. The human actors were miscast and some were shitty(the king) but they did not look bad with the orcs like the trailers led you to believe. They looked fine.

He said there would be no director's cut but there could be an extended cut showing the extra footage etc. Director's cut would mean he'd have to show when the trolls attacked Storwmind which would require more CGI work.

Alright let's start casting for the next film.

I'll start

King Terenas Menethil II

Also some of the background cgi was pretty terrible desu. The part with the orc grunt snapping the human foot soldiers neck in particular comes to mind because of how bad I remember it looking.

More cgi would have only made that worse.

oh ok

I remember him saying to someone that if they wanted to see whatever scene the guy was talking about from the novelization that they guy would have to "search the cutting room floor" or something like that.

i took that as being a pretty definitive no for an extended cut, but i could be misremembering

also studios change their minds all the time when they smell $$$ so who knows.

Source?