New u2 kendrick song is fire. whats your favorite u2 song?

new u2 kendrick song is fire. whats your favorite u2 song?
youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzZWSrr5wFI
youtube.com/watch?v=IyfaYHMNIuA
youtube.com/watch?v=NnEmiTPiP8I
youtube.com/watch?v=uxn9aWLwsXc
youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IDl1c0nR5SI
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y1YFH9A3Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=b_dLirLT6cA
youtube.com/watch?v=VHOP5Iig-yQ
youtu.be/qXbWfq0JE9M
youtube.com/watch?v=gF4GS9cSll4
youtube.com/watch?v=0n9t1M1Lq4U
youtube.com/watch?v=19KstSgU-c0
youtube.com/watch?v=hy1YwqNFSso
youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=keqAQk1YuOs
youtube.com/watch?v=UJUEV46n6yY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not that. 2000s U2 is mediocre at best. 80s or 90s U2 is where it's at.

i think the 2010s is where its at with the new kendrick song

Where the Streets Have No Name

youtube.com/watch?v=GzZWSrr5wFI

Hopefully they turn themselves around. Their 2009 album was almost really good with African music and electronic music and ambient experimentation with Eno but then they chickened out at the last minute and cut all that out and stuffed the middle of the album with half-baked attempts at modern pop. I saw them on that tour in 2011 and they were great though.

Their newest iphone album thing was doomed from the start. It had some good tracks, but wasn't anything special and didn't stand a chance after Apple decided to force it on anyone.

Undoubtly their best song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IyfaYHMNIuA

New Year's Day is their best song

youtube.com/watch?v=NnEmiTPiP8I

nigga u2 is fucking gay

this

Man I thought U2 was shit but damn this is good

It is actually a song about drug addiction. It isn't real obvious because of the light pleasant melody.

What is your opinion on this. Also a very dark song about a serial killer.

youtube.com/watch?v=uxn9aWLwsXc

Real talk U2 were solid with some streaks of pure greatness from 1976 to 2001/2002 or so (and a few weak spots). After they were much more hit and miss, and 2004 - 2007 was the biggest they had been since the early 90s so their musical missteps were much more in the public eye as was Bono's dickery. After that, they've kind of tried hard to hold on to that period of critical and commercial (album and single sales and radio play) relevancy by making the most mass-appealing music they can and second guessing themselves at every turn when they almost do something interesting again and trying to write blatant cheese pop anthems.

And it just sucks. They put out a few good tunes that get overshadowed by absolutely atrocious singles or songs trying to hard to sound like they should be chanted in arenas or just bizarre promotional strategies that just piss people off.

Sad. Do check out their early stuff.

The Best of 1980 - 1990 and B-Sides and The Best of 1990 - 2000 and B-Sides cover their best and most well known era quite nicely with b-sides that give you a hint into the other side of the band (some of the remixes on the 90s b-sides disc aren't as essential though).

I don't listen to much U2 but I like this song

youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

classic performance

It's their best song. I'm a huge U2 fan and this song gives me actual goosebumps every time. Don't even care about the overplay.

what do you lads think of this one

youtube.com/watch?v=IDl1c0nR5SI

Rally like the opening single from Achtung Baby. It got heavy rotation on MTV and was pretty much everywhere on the radio. The...after they released "Even Better then the Real Thing" as the second single. "The Fly" completely disappeared off the radio and MTV. Almost like it didn't exist. It was there one day then completely absent on the radio and MTV the next.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y1YFH9A3Bw

Loved it actually. And it played very well live. Was probably my favorite song when I saw the Popmart Tour.

Does a great job of bridging their stadium rock side with the experiments they were doing on Pop. One of their classics for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_dLirLT6cA

My Mistake "Mysterious Ways" was the second single. It is what replaced "The Fly".

always thought this one was super underrated despite being a big hit at the time. Love Macphisto Bono from the ZooTV tour in cartoon form.
Shame U2 came back less two years and botched everything up with Discotheque and its riduculous Village People music video. Seriously, that killed the entire POP era for them from the start.

On the Popmart tour, they came back to those 60,000 venues they sold out two consecutive nights during ZooTV in 1992 and 1993 and were playing to 20,000 number crowds. Some places the attendance was like 14,000 in a 35,000 capacity arena.
youtube.com/watch?v=VHOP5Iig-yQ

It's amazing how much U2 went from cool to weird ironic hasbeens almost overnight during that era.

Mysterious Ways and Even Better were WAY more accessible and Top 40 radio friendly than The Fly. There's a reason it went straight to number 1 on the alternative rock charts but stalled in the 60s on the Hot 100. The alternative kids loved it, but the general public wasn't super into it.

By the time One came out, it blew everything away and The Fly was a distant memory for most of the masses.

One and Mysterious Ways are both better anyway

Yeah, it seemed to fall in that sweet spot when grunge was starting to get big on alternative radio, but you had a lot of british bands like Ride and Lush and The Stone Roses and even Blur charting at the same time with shoegaze and Madchester influenced stuff. Industrial rock was a sound that would soon get a hold on alternative radio in the next few years too thanks to smash hits by Nine inch Nails.

The Fly is maybe my favorite songs off the Achtung Baby album, which puts it up there for U2 overall.

I think The Fly was mostly supposed to serve as a sort of preview for the new sound U2 were introducing with AB more than trying to be a hit. So when the songs that were actually meant to be hits starting coming out The Fly had basically done all it needed to do and faded into the background

I don't listen to U2 much but this song is beautiful

youtu.be/qXbWfq0JE9M

True. and then they released the acoustic version of "Who's Gonig to Ride Your Wild Horses" which sounded so different to the AB album version.

youtube.com/watch?v=gF4GS9cSll4

youtube.com/watch?v=0n9t1M1Lq4U

Achtung Baby is when they started doing remixes for the single versions of a lot of their songs, which they did throughout the 90s. On AB it was "hey, check it out, we're experimenting with this stuff" but by the time of Pop it was "oh shit, we didn't have time to finish it on the album, let's hope this version's better"

music video kino tee bee aitch

youtube.com/watch?v=19KstSgU-c0

Honestly, they had more hits off that record than they did with The Joshua Tree (though they were nowhere near as big as Streets, WoWY, and I Still...).

It's damn impressive.

There was also that Paul Oakenfold house remix of Even Better than had an alternative video made for it played on the dance blocks on MTV and was in tons of clubs at the time.

right? And then they would stop tinkering with some tracks until 2002.

Shame. That album had the potential to be really really really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=hy1YwqNFSso

youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

Joshua Tree the best

No New Years Day?

I got The Joshua Tree on cassette tape. Listening it in the car while driving through rural America is heavenly. Crazy that a group of Irish fucks could make an album so representative of the States.

>ur favorite u2 song?
I am the one and only

I should definitely try to find U2 on cassette some time.

The player in my car is great and they definitely have a very distinctive sound compared to me just running a fm broadcaster and playing mp3s off my phone.

Great. They didn't reposes the house then?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=keqAQk1YuOs

what the fuck

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

U2 sucks

that's hilarious

Stay (Faraway, So Close)

>i only know their shitty singles from the late era when i was alive

I had a fetish for strong blowing winds hitting me in the face since that music video, for a while...

they still suck

and they were forced on my fucking phone too

>Really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday

Not U2, but a Bono/Edge penned song
youtube.com/watch?v=UJUEV46n6yY