/epl/

The Apologetic One Edition.
GMT Is Coming Sub-Edition.

>Saturday (all 3:00pm BST unless stated)

Sunderland v Arsenal (12:30pm BST)

Manchester United v Burnley
Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
Watford v Hull City
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

Crystal Palace v Liverpool (5:30pm BST)

>Sunday
Everton v West Ham United (1:30pm GMT)
Southampton v Chelsea (4:00pm GMT)

>Monday
Stoke City v Swansea City (8:00pm GMT)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NQureshi_/status/791346896136790016
twitter.com/FrizbyStu_ITF/status/791394199308529669
streamable.com/0ok9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember when we used to think Canada had good posters?

Sunderland 0-3 Arsenal

Manchester United 2-0 Burnley
Middlesbrough 1-1 Bournemouth
Tottenham Hostpur 3-1 Leicester
Watford 2-1 Hull
West Brom 0-1 Manchester City

Everton 2-2 West Ham
Southampton 1-0 Chelsea

Stoke City 1-2 Swansea City

*carves*

I would kill your mother for a no score draw in the City-Pulis game.

>Southampton 1-0 Chelsea

Tonight's League Cup results:

>Memehampton 1-0 >moyes
>Inter City Firm 2-1 Chelsea Headhunters
>Manchester Humiliated 1-0 Manchester Exposed

League Cup QF draw:
>Liverpool v Leeds United
>Manchester United v West Ham United
>Hull City v Newcastle United
>Arsenal v Southampton

Come on Burnley!

Cheeky Rondon goal in the 3rd minute (thanks to a Stones error) followed by 5% possession for WBA, 47 shots by City and the game ending 1-0.

>entire west brom changing room permanently stained with pulis's semen

Thanks, good post
bad posts

>Liverpool v Leeds United
Might be cool

2015-2016 was a great season

But 2016-2017 is just WOW
And it's still October
I think this is probably the best PL season ever

It's crazy that an odd season is being good

>tfw a foreigner compliments my league

Thank you based frog

How does /epl/ rate Mouyes' reign so far compared to LvG's the past 2 years?

everyone knew this season was going to be insane

just look at the first goal of it

Don't worry, there are still months until the end of the season and the league can become awful.

Bets?

I'm the opposite I've felt it's pretty meh

that we (bristol city) slip out of the playoffs swiftly and languish in lower midtable for the rest of the season.

the top 5 are separated by 1 point

same

i'm a leicester fan though so i'm not sure any season will ever compare to 15/16

Yeah but it's just an endless shitfest between Mou and Pep I can't give a shit about, Spurs are just cunts, Liverpool are alright, Arsenal and Chelsea are the same boring old shit and then there's literally who Everton

There's only Juan Mata lads.

Too early to say (as per usual with predictions) but Newcastle, Norwich City and Sheffield Wednesday (playoff) go up, and Cardiff City (22), Ipswich Town (23), and Rotherham United (24) go down. But I don't watch the Championship as they don't play it on cable in Canada
good post

>Cardiff and Ipswich to go down

why?

Holy shit that's some captain tsubasa tier shit right there. Who got to be the scorer anyway?

Webms of west ham violence?

Underated post

>colin wanker getting relegated
nope

Diomande. If you look closely, it goes in a different direction after Hernandez hits it. Turns out it deflected off Diomande's boot as well.

It was only a mata of time

>canadian flag

There's some pics on twitter.

He scored the only goal that Mata.

>poogba

I have no idea what I'm talking about tbqh, they looked low on the table, so I picked them. Except Rotherham, I know they suck
Bad post

Do I look like I asked for a twitter link?

There's some vines of chair throwing and scuffles like wow.
I canne make wembs.

Lol. Who made this?

>wed to go up

pls no, liverpool away games would be unbearable

me nan

The #WestHam hashtag.

How much longer can Moyes last?

only until he's fired from this job..

just spoke to the sky and BT lads

unfortunately this season will end in an odd year, so it has to be boring for continuity reasons

despite this shaky start poop will boring his way to the title with 3 games to spare

chelsea and united will challenge for most of the season, but wilt after injuries to kante, costa, mata and blind (like wind)

>african cup of nations are on during odd seasons
>the same seasons where football is boring

is this a coincidence? are africans making our league more exciting?

that's an unfortunate draw

>dat wall of stewards
how did he get through?

wot a cheeky cunt

this is ace, must find webm

is that big sam next to the burka steward?

wtf is this? it's mls tier
twitter.com/NQureshi_/status/791346896136790016

>that copyright at the bottom

ayyyyyy

When banter goes too far.

I love how they forgot to change the last line.

KEK

>censors swearing but wants homophobic chant
It's a weird mix

twitter.com/FrizbyStu_ITF/status/791394199308529669

>great atmosphere
>no one within about 30 seats of him

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Retroactive punishment incoming for disrespecting the ref.

>Real Madrid beat Cultural Leonesa 7-1
>The goal scorer of Cultural Leonesa?
>Martinez Martinez

Who the fuck decided this?

Clearly, the Martinez family

>/epl/ is dead

If you fucks don't talk, I start remembering what my life is like and feel shit. I don't want to go to another board... Guess I got no choice. Even Sosa or Shitzien would be fine...

fuck off mate it's 2am

>Manchester United paid 105 million for a French Veron

Love you too

Fucking pussy.

Veron at least was good at several clubs in several countries and did at least score 4 goals in the CL one season to help United progress

>Questions over his performance led to an expletive laden tirade against the media by manager Sir Alex Ferguson in support of Verón: "[Verón] is a fucking great player" were his parting words. "And you're all fucking idiots."However, fans and pundits alike agreed that the signing was an expensive flop

If Veron was a flop, then fucking Pogba is the worst signing ever. Veron at least allowed United to progress and twatting some literally who Europa team while Arselel twatted some team in the CL (and no matter how you put it, Arselel faced a much better team) doesn't mean shit.

Both are expected wins and United are so desperate for Pogba not to be a flop they make him take penalties.

>implying I want to wake up

You don't even know, bro. You don't even know.

Besides, Sosa, if you moved onto a different team to shitpost instead of Arse, I'd not mind you as much desu. When everybody is doing it (rightly so) it's boring when you try and make it a gimmick. I seem to remember you've been doing it to Liverslip fans recently...

>tfw job I hate
>not even been paid
>was supposed to be paid on the 5th

I know I shouldn't go in but I just don't have anything better to do

damn... football is the only thing keeping me going desu.

I support Aston Villa.

Who is Fernando Torres at Chelsea?

On another note, my local team TFC just won a playoff game, so I'm pretty happy about that.

streamable.com/0ok9
I try to shitpost every team (except mine). It doesn't help that I'm one of two (or maybe the only) regular leaf poster on this general. It's kind of like an unwanted tripcode

>Playoffs in October

We all know who's going to win though. It's good for memes, but the memes are just distractions from the fact that Man City will be champions with several games to go at the end of the season.

>expect mine

The amount of times I have to explain this...

There is a very simple good season bad season formula.

2011/12 - AGUEROOOOOOOOOOO: Good season
2012/13 - Manchester United walk it: Shite season
2013/14 - The slip: Great season
2014/15 - Chelsea walk it, had won the season before a ball was kicked: WOAT season
2015/16 - Leiscter, United, Chelsea: GOAT season will never be topped (And I'm a villa fan)
2016/17 - City walk it. Will be a shite season

And if City don't walk it? I mean they probably will do, since Arse don't have a proper striker and their defence is leaky. Liverpool have a collapse. Spurs might nick it though. United I hope stay out of CL spot. Chelsea will probably challenge as well.

Don't think it'll be easy, but Pep is concentrating on it as he wants to win everything. He's getting angry as this is his first experience of not winning in 6 games.

I'm here. After months of NEETness, I've got several job interviews lined up all in the next week.
>One is to train people how to use the company's software, which I have obviously never used because I don't work there yet
>One generic entry-level IT guy job; sounds based but not enough playing with screwdrivers and hard drives so it might be the wrong kind of autism for me
>One guy who emailed me, asking me to phone him immediately if I was interested; I phoned him and he excused himself to go into a meeting then never phoned me back

DON'T GO TO BED
I never get any fucking (You)s because I only come here when everyone else is asleep.

Pogba would rek shit if Man Utd still had Fergie though. It's not a fair comparison; they're completely different without him.

Why do they call you Sosa?

I agree with this completely. You don't need to explain it to me.

I was aiming more at france

I'm still awake, dude. He was replying to me.

Well, the IT job, if it's anything like that mega screencap thread, sounds cushy. It seems like IT work is essentially like IT Crowd. You turn shit on and off again.

There won't be any hands on shit, I bet.

Really? How so? I mean, bullying officials and shit gets you advantages, but come on son.

He used to be a tripfag called Sosa who shitposted 24/7 about Arsenal and shit. Then when Chelsea got totally wrecked season after season (not winning anything) and then finally finished 10th (TENTH) last season, he dropped the trip because he got bullied for it (rightly so). But he's so easy to stop we just call him by his trip now.

You're seeing patterns where there aren't any patterns. You're only seeing the Top 4 fighting and not the other shit. This season is going great. The Top 10 are like 1-2 points apart, GD could easily come into play. Of course that favours Pep, but he's dropped Aguero and has no other good strikers (Innynachoman isn't that good, but he's better than anything Arse have). So my bet is, if there is still 1-2 point difference in Jan, he'll buy a striker or two. Perhaps nick a Championship striker doing well. He has infinite money, so he could go for anybody. Who's Juventus's 2nd striker behind Piggyguain, Mandzukic? They could go for him. Though Juventus have major injury problems, so maybe not. Though Juventus aren't walking the league, they're still 2pts ahead of Roma.

except chelsea are going to win it not city

>tfw you get (You)s you aren't used to

Teams used to be afraid of Man Utd, and now they aren't. Also, meme magic and Fergie-time was always on their side, enabling a Fergie team to win the league even with shitty players. Now, they buy good players (for obscenely overhyped prices, admittedly) and they all just flop immediately. It's like some unseen guiding force has fallen out of love with Man Utd, and they've gone from interminable undeserved success to constant undeserved failure.

Nothing is undeserved. They won the FA Cup, but the problem was they didn't also get Top 4, which the customers expect.

They spend obscense amounts of money because it works for Madrid and so on. The problem is, most of these big buys are from other leagues and don't adapt quick enough.

I'm sure, next season, Pogba will rape it up. Who knows, he might suddenly go on a run. But he needs to do 2 seasons of 11/12 Messi tier to earn that money back. Which is £45m over two years. So customers have that excuse as well. It CAN rise to £100m if he wins Baboon D'omlete and some other shit.

That's true, but the results themselves were undeserved. The whole concept of "Fergie time" comes from the idea that no other team would get a bonus five minutes at the end of a match to score a final winner, and yet it happened to Man Utd regularly. So Sir Alex Ferguson certainly deserves all his accolades, but there have been so many times where Man Utd played like shit and still won. I know pundits always say, "That's the hallmark of a great team", but surely a truly great team would win because they played well. They would win because of their quality, not in spite of it.

Ferguson teams barring his last 3 seasons played the best football in the premier league, you're overstating how often they played badly and won.

Didn't Torres basically repay his transfer fee just with the TORRES TORRES TORRES goal?

He turned me into an ABU, so I'm not too sad his dominance finally came to an end. I literally used to support Man Utd until about 1997, when I discovered I had a local team who weren't ever on TV (they were in the sixth or seventh tier of English football back then) and thought it would be better to support them than the team with Schmeichel and Cantona and Beckham and Giggs. My parents still have an old Man Utd scarf that is a really nice scarf, but which I have hidden away out of eternal shame over my past.

Probably, but even if Pogba scored the winner for the EFL Cup, FA Cup and Europa Cup, he still wouldn't justify his price tag. He can't. Even if he did a 11/12 Messi tier season from now to the end, it won't justify his cost. If he does it for another 2 seasons, then yeah, he isn't a flop.

The problem is, everybody used to say "oh you pay big money, you expect them to work straight away, fit in straight away, perform straight away and X team and Y player haven't done that; they're shit" see City/Chelsea/Arsenal for examples. However with Pogba, everybody gives him excuses. There is no 'he should be getting the fucking PotM every single game for that price, not be one of the worst passers in the league". They used the "oh it's such a big price tag and he's crumbling under the expectation, give him time, give him an entire season" excuse nonstop. Then you get, say, Pedro or Ozil or Mangala and people would say they're shit and blah blah blah. No excuses.

And a lot of their success was down to Fergie Time. Go on, have a look at his crunch matches and see what happens. What about the mysterious 6 mins of injury time when United were drawing 1-1 with Shef Wednesday, despite there only being 3mins on the board? Bruce scored and they went on to win, which started their surge.

The fact they had the biggest stadium and were marketable for the FA is a clear indication that shit was pulled. Even Fergie admits to bullying officials for advantages. He admits Fergie Time was real.

To deny the existence of this helping hand is to deny reality.

You aunt sounds like a good goy, I mean customer, I mean supporter.

Remember, if she didn't buy you mugs, cups, glasses, towels, stationary, backpacks, noodles and toilet roll, she didn't love you.

zouma soon

He sucks, Sosa. Stop getting your hopes up, yeah? It's our time anyway. Even the pundits say it's our year. We have no European distractions. EFL Cup is in the bag now City are out. FA Cup is easily Semi-Final reachable and as long as we're injury free, it could be ours. A double will be great to kickstart our return to the top and allow us to extend our total points lead. Oh and maybe a cheeky Title win to pay back Shitty for 13/14.