What are the best "black" comedy series?

what are the best "black" comedy series?

obviously Fresh Prince
My Wife & Kids
Everybody Hates Chris

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jQas0Sdw5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cTt05xDgzXs
youtube.com/watch?v=p8a40OZtH0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Pj's

Other than that I remember liking Smart Guy as a kid.

Boondocks when its actually doing comedy and not preaching

Does Proud Family count?

Um...In Living Color?

FUCK NIGGERS

Come to think of it. i can't think of any British 'black' comedy shows. all the ones i liked growing up were american.

Just don't watch the last season.

youtube.com/watch?v=3jQas0Sdw5Q

So underrated.

>created the PJs
>created the Bernie Mac show
>...
>....the nightly show
what happened?

England is full of pakis m8 thats why we get paki comedy shows

Netflix revival when?

Hangin with Mr Cooper was pretty comfy

Black Lives Matter

I blame Francesca. He's still funny but I won't watch it because of her. I do miss that little Mexican chick though. She's funny and cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=cTt05xDgzXs

holy shit

Ready steady cook

You dumb mother fuckers. This is the shit right here.

>Chapelle Show
quintessential, and honestly required learning material for how to properly make """" racial comedy """". You start by just making good comedy.

>Boondocks
Like other anons said, the last season is unbearably weak compared to what was otherwise a great show

>Black Dynamite (spinoff show)
Haven't watched it all, but it was great late-night humor while it aired and it didn't feel like a rehash of jokes from the movie. Would strongly recommend S1E3 and S1E4.

>Kenan & Kel
Like Diet Fresh Prince.
I'd also argue for SisterSister here, but late 90s/early 00s had some really good stuff especially when it came to deep feels moments

>The Cosby Show
Shit was and still is one of the best

>Proud Family
Gonna cosign with the other user. Not bad/10

>No good times
Plebs.

>>Kenan & Kel
>Like Diet Fresh Prince.
>I'd also argue for SisterSister here, but late 90s/early 00s had some really good stuff especially when it came to deep feels moments

Yeah, this is what i feel like a lot of modern comedies (mostly sitcoms) are missing.
You have to make viewers empathize with the characters and have some sort of story too actually engage in. Other wise its just people you don't give a shit about telling jokes.

Everybody hates Chris was the best for me, it was not preachy, it had good cutaways, the chris rock racism stuff was toned down a little bit.

>The Obama episode with Werner Herzog

True Kino

The only one I can think of is Desmond's but that's more of a sitcom than an actual comedy

this
fucking underagers don't remember shit

>Proud Family
Holy shit, that show was good.

Divorce and Death episodes really hit home to me in particular. Not sure why these subjects seem to be getting softer or discussed less when it makes for great characterization material

can anyone comment on Good Times/ the jeffersons
sanford and sons
family matters
Mr Cooper
Living SIngle
Martin
Sister Sister
Moesha

THE CHAPELLE SHOW

ahaha yeah, last time I was back home they were still showing repeats on the africa channel.

don't think any of those aired here, i think this was the basis for stanford and sons though

youtube.com/watch?v=p8a40OZtH0M