The best year in 70s music?

the best year in 70s music?

1971 > 1978 > 1976 > 1973 > 1979 > 1977 > 1970 > 1972 > 1975 > 1974

71/73

The mid-70s was that interlude between the hippie/post-hippie era and the punk/New Wave era, so not much interesting going on.

>Motörhead self-titled
>Iggy Pop - The Idiot, Lust for Life, Kill City
>Bowie - Low and Heroes
>The Clash self-titled
>Sex Pistols - NMTB
>Ramones - Rocket to Russia

>nothing interesting was happening because mainstream music wasn't interesting

i'd say either 77, 78 or 79

The first Motorhead album sucked though, just like Aerosmith, they didn't find themselves until the second album. Punk was obviously the big thing going in 1977, the mainstream rock scene was very weak and there were few albums of note.

1978 though...glorious year. Van Halen S/T, Stained Class, Overkill, and of course lots of New Wave. Making it easy to overlook the noxious flood of manufactured radio disco flooding the airwaves that year.

marquee moon

Oh right, I forgot this is Sup Forums and he has to post his list of obscure fedoracore lo-fi EPs from 1974.

pink flag tho

There was no hip hop or power metal in 1975 so no lmao

i wouldn't say it sucked necessarily, it's honestly one of my favorite of their albums
i like the more pronounced blues theme and imo theyve literally never written a song better than Iron Horse / Born to Lose

Are you talking about what was really the SECOND Motorhead album or are you talking about the album that would eventually be released with the title On Parole? On Parole is GOAT!

The whole counterculture movement was over by 1971.

1971 or 1972, alot of the best prog albums were coming out then, besides that probably 75 or 77.

71, 73, 78

Talking Heads 77, Trans Europe Express

bump

73 for this and this alone

Good pick, forgot it was this old.

>Top-Tier

>that list
Pic related. It's you.

this album refuses to age, haven't heard anything else like it from around the time
sounds like it was released yesterday

Go back your kdot threads.

Most of the music happening in 79 was just refinements of the stuff that came out in 78, so I wouldn't necessarily say it was better.

Problem with 1974-75 is that the protest era was over and artists didn't have a lot to write songs about. Watergate wasn't really something that made for good song material. My uncle bought the first two KISS albums back then and immediately returned them. He said the rock scene at that time was so weak and disappointing compared to 5 years earlier.

That was 74 bud

During that time, you had all of the following:

>corporate rock (Doobie Brothers, Foghat, etc)
>increasingly lazy, complacent albums coming from the grizzled veterans of the 60s
>buttprog (prog had had its heyday in the early 70s, by 75 it was turning into self-parody)

On the other hand, disco was a legitimate underground scene as opposed to the commercialized shitshow it became during the Carter years.

Punk rock was a huge relief in an era of corporate rock and California hippie triple albums.