OFFICIAL BROOKLYN NETS @ BOSTON CELTICS GAME THREAD

ok i guess this is the one

Stream that isn't laggy garbage pls

GET LOST FAG

Hi im new to the Celtics since im trying to get into Basket ball

is there a good white player to latch onto?

Jaylen Brown

Olynyk is decent but not someone to get too excited about.

Isaiah Thomas

Jonas Jerebko

What are the hypest memes for the Celtics and how are we gonna fair this season?

Realistic: 50ish wins, 2nd round.
Best case scenario: 55-60 wins, ECF.

Jonas "Swedish Larry Bird" Jerebko

Lol what the fuck there are commercials, I thought basketball was continuous like soccer.

This is fun, how many posters do these threads typically get?

Post your best Amanda Pflugrads/Abby Chins

if thats your criteria be a knicks fan and latch onto porzingod

Fuck off refs let them play ffs

Nets actually playing pretty good defense. Making it difficult for the Celtics to get into a rhythm early.

ALL THESE TURNOVERS

Why would someone want the number zero?

if you live in boston, feel free to kill yourself

Most of the Celtics' "normal" numbers are retired. Even "00" for Based Robert Parish.

I Haven't Seen All Of My Teams Win A Championship: The Post

Sad, T B H

damn you couldn't have posted a more boston post

have fun getting bopped by the wizards in the first round

books nigga is going to kill someone one day

I want jaylen brown to BLACK my white gf

>books nigga

kek

Whats a field goal is that just a basic 2 pointer?

Remember when the Celtics got btfo by the Hawks last season kek

>Went to 6 games all while basically missing 2 starters
>Atlanta's best player of the last decade still left them to join the Celtics

Zeller isn't stinking up the joint? Is it opposites day?

you're a fucking retard. that's not josh smith

As you say that he clanks a free throw kek

Hey at least he didn't get that charging call on Lin. Thanks, Dumb Lopez.

Does anyone else feel like the Celtics defense loses a noticeable step without Smart playing?

He's the best defender on the team (by far now). People don't watch all the games and Bradley's D got a lot worse once he started taking 15 shots a game. Smart's will once (if) he gets an offensive game.

It was noticeable that when the Cs went small for the first time this season without him, suddenly the Nets started making 3s.

It really is shocking how much of a difference he seems to make. I know the sample size is only one half, but I can't remember the last time the Celtics were giving up so many easy baskets, particularly 3s.

Dude has KG-like infectiousness. AB, Jae and the rest of the backcourt step up a notch when he's on the floor. I hope Danny doesn't shove him off for "a star" whenever they decide "he should've developed an offensive game by now".

These refs fucking suck

Are Celtics threads always this dead/

JB can't get a dunk. Dude is gagging for it.

They weren't last year. I don't know, maybe it's because it's the Nets so there's not a lot of back-and-forth.

Whats the least popular basketball team?

>books nigga already showing perennial all-star potential
>nest fans on suicide watch

>Al Horford
>Best Hawks player of the last decade
>Smoove
>Trillsap
>Teague Time

There have been moments where he is the best player on the team, but overall, nah, not really

Also, he's about to be bootyblasted by Dwight Howard, Horford can't block a true big man to save his life to say nothing of being incapable of stopping Lebron

sup boston bros sorry im late

who has played well so far?

see

>97 points after 3
This from a team that often didn't score 97 in a whole game just 3 or 4 years ago. I'm ok with this.

Crowder had points early. Zeller and Green (!!) did a decent push. IT is currently carrying the thing. Good O and shitty D but no Marcus. Still, double digit lead. Almost in the bag.

they were more lively maybe 3-4 years ago or so. Sup Forums has seen a drop in active posters, and that combined with general cancer affects gamethreads.

plus i kinda feel like a lot of bostonfags fucked off after the veterans left and had that 25ish win season. i still don't think the fandom has gotten back to where it was for the pierce-allen-rondo-kg-perk teams.

Holy fuck Zeller gets blocks now?

can't tell if zeller has fixed parts of his game and is playing like he sometimes did when rondo was there to baby him, or the nets defense is just so bad they make him look better

GODZELLER CONNED US ALL

how the fuck is lopez allowing this to happen he's gotta be stronger than both zellers combined.

Fuck me. Who is this guy?

Also underrated note- Gerald Green looks like fucking PP out there.

Wow are Celtics announcers always this opinionated thats great

Tommy (the color commentaror) is an absolutely certified homer who has been with the team in some capacity (player, coach, broadcaster) since the 50s.

Mike Gorman, the play-by-play guy has also been with the Celtics for a long time, but he's an absolute pro. He called some Olympic games this summer.

"I'll tell ya Zeller, to me, is... a diamond"

jesus christ tommy it's game 1

Kek remember the game last season where Tommy was just eating M&M's the whole game and Mike kept bringing it up

brrok lopez letting this team down fuck this neadrathal

Wow are we about to blow this lead?

nba.nbcsports com/2016/10/26/celtics-gerald-green-braids-shamrock-into-his-hair-photo/

refs just want this game to run out i guess? clearly swallowing the whistle a bit

Looks like it. And they got their garbage mob out there ffs.

Lmao, nice pass Jae.

another year another cavs finals

lol stevens took all the bench guys off

How is Stevens as a coach? and who is the worst Celtics player?

hes top 5

James Young/Tyler Zeller.

correct

>How is Stevens as a coach?
regarded as pretty GOAT at drawing up plays, treating players fairly. very mild mannered and polite most of the time, so its funny when he gets really pissed.

>and who is the worst Celtics player?
probably one of the young multi year guys who haven't had many NBA minutes. could be a decision year for a couple guys like mickey and young. also have two rookies i think who are obviously unproven, though hopefully brown turns out to be one of the better players.

Eh if you ignore tonight... Then again who the fuck knows with Zeller.

Gerald Green almost cost the Celtics a win.
Someone needs to call him out after the game.

zeller plays well against bad teams

zeller also has held his spot on the roster due in part to PF/C and rebounds being such a weakness on the team.

shouldn't have pulled the starters so soon, but whatever a win's a win

fuck off boston faggot

he was trying to rest them to play in tomorrows back to back vs chi

Yeah that and being trade fodder. But he's still kinda bad. On the other hand, when has Young ever had a game like he did tonight?

Not happy with this game at all. The Celtics won't win many games closing them out like this. They need to get a lot better, and fast. Can't afford to pull crap like that in the last four minutes tomorrow night against Chicago.

I don't think that collapse happens if Smart and Olynyk were on the floor. At least I hope not.

The best are when Tommy is clearly hitting the sauce too much and he just starts saying crazy things. Like the time he compared Greg Stiemsma to fucking Bill Russell. There were more than a few times last season where it sounded like he snuck off for a few beers because it was just Mike talking for an extended period.