I've never dropped LSD, never eaten shrooms, only smoked pot about 10 or so times...

I've never dropped LSD, never eaten shrooms, only smoked pot about 10 or so times. I sometimes get really panicky/anxious when I'm high, & many times have thought "I just want to be sober" while high...

I plan to start smoking casually by myself & experiment with what works for me, but I am very interested in psychedelics & am wondering if I have trouble with pot, will the same issues be worse with hallucinogens? Should I just try it & see what happens or is that a mistake?

I want to be able to experience these beautiful gifts...

Other urls found in this thread:

dmt-nexus.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Psychs are entirely dependent on your state of mind. Where are you smoking pot? are you in safe place? or are you in a place that you might have a reason to freak out? If you're freaking the fuck out in a safe place, I'd maybe stay away from psychs.

Usually I get the same effects from pot at you

When I drop acid I usually have to remind myself that everything is fine and to trust myself. I tell myself stuff like "I'm tripping balls but I can trust myself" and I just try to have a good time and maybe change the song

I have the same issue of becoming anxious with weed. Usually the intent I have, as well as the level of excitement can avoid anxiety or bad trips.

If you want a sure thing though, take atleast 5mg of valium prior to dropping. Give the valium a good 45 minutes before even dropping the acid and by the time it kicks in, the acid will energize you while remain pretty calm and receptive to the experience.

I used to get the same way about weed. Probably the 20 or so times I smoked (I was 15-16 and rarely smoked back then) I'd end up paranoid and feeling like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I quit smoking for about 9 months and when I started back up again the first few times I smoked by myself. I was stingy so I smoked less than I had before. Only got me slightly baked, realized that was so much more enjoyable than being blitzed. No one around so no pressure to be active or fear of seeming weird made me relax more and enjoy being high. Fast forward 2 years and drop acid for the first time. Do it alone with just my roommate checking in on me every 10 minutes or so. Calm cool and collected.Getting high 3-4 times a week for the past few years got me accustomed to feeling "not right", acid is extremely different but still a similar feeling of not being completely there so it was pretty manageable.
I'd just suggest get used to feeling out of it before you drop, maybe smoke by yourself.

pot makes me panic MUCH faster than lsd too,
but on the other hand the panic on weed is by far not as intense as panic on lsd.
if you want to try a substance, but you're afraid that it turns out bad, then just take a lower dose.
taking a lower dose is the key if you already expect to freak out when you take it.
because you will feel bad if you are afraid of the effects.

dmt-nexus.me/

tjhis is for OP

It's not that I'm freaking out. The most recent example is I hotboxed my car with 3 other people, went back to our friends place with one of them & immediately laid down & was watching tv for a bit. I just felt weird... it wasn't good or bad, just not really a way that I wanted to feel. Soon after I was trying to sleep and kept having to open my eyes and look around in a way... kind of like I was just making sure everything was all good. I think in that situation I smoked too much, hotboxing & then sitting in it for 20 minutes with no air might have been a mistake. I find when I smoke maybe a quarter to half a J, I feel great, or a few puffs off a spliff & I'm good. I guess I just need to build a tolerance to hang with my friends & that's why I'm getting uncomfortable experiences.

That's what I'm looking to do, exactly as you put it, experimenting with pot dosage I guess & becoming used to the "not right" feeling.

I was planning on microdosing & each time upping the dosage starting a 1/8th of a 100-150 tab.

Chances are you're not going to like psychedelics. An LSD trip can last 12 hours.

Honestly, You're probably gonna be fine. Just make sure you're in a good state of mind and you have a day free of distractions. Maybe drop a tab with a buddy and just chillax. You got this OP. Don't be dropping the day after failing a huge test or if you cant make rent. You're just asking for a bad trip with that.

I never realized how much I love weed until I started smoking it alone. I could just get totally lost in my own thoughts, listening to MY fucking music.

I cannot comprehend people who get anxious while doing pot/psychedelics. I think people like that are usually just people who have not yet had "that life experience" that makes you stop caring if you even live or die anymore and kills your brain's fear response centers.

Thanks, appreciate the insight. I think I may go for mushrooms first though, I've heard that it's much harder to freak out on shrooms than LSD.

do what makes you feel best man, shit i get uncomfortable after more than a couple hits of good weed.

I can understand this, I still hold so much innocence & lack of experience in the real world because of how I was raised. I've basically gone from Catholic raised private schoolboy to transition thru public school & now in college in the city hanging out with people who hustle & trap hard, being offered lines of coke at shows & things. It's been a strong lifestyle change in my life up through this point & I'm slowly being exposed to the outside world as I feel I was pretty protected compared to most of who I associate with today.

I'd say kids like me weren't supposed to hang out with kids like them, but here I am.

What is the experience that resulted in such careless appreciation of life for you?

as much as i enjoy getting high socially, i have to agree being able to do it on your own is quite liberating. it also dramatically decreases the paranoia that having other people around can induce.

I reccomend you get really high and then have a hot bath or shower. Shit's great.

i don't care if i live or die, but i do care if while i'm alive my life is complete fucking shit

i still look both ways when crossing the street because i don't want to end up in a wheelchair drooling over myself.

that being said i get what you mean by enjoying getting high alone and listening to the music you want

Religious disillusionment. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness. When I discovered they lied to me to me about everything in the universe, I became suicidal for years.

>Religious disillusionment
I guess I didn't have it as bad as you, my best friend in 4th grade was an atheist & I kind of felt that initial shock of learning "whoa! this kid doesnt believe in all this stuff my mother makes me dedicate so much time to?!", but over time i started to understand & with understanding came realization & disassociation from my beliefs. I feel that the longer you believe in something, the harder it is to decide that it's false or take in that it's untrue when proven.

That sounds awful though, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Anxiety with weed is super common.

Dud- if you're doing shrooms for the 1st time, have someone with you- someone who won't fuck with you. It's actually an amazing arc if you can be prepared enough to enjoy.

I'm old- I did this shit in the 70's. I took a bunch of these home-grown shrooms a friend of mine had for $5.00 a gram. His roommate grew them in the unoccupied bedroom in their 3 bedroom dirt-bag apartment.

The first time I took them I was 17 and waited for my mom and dad to go visit some friends many hours away. As soon as they pulled out of the driveway I took the gram and a half on an empty stomach, and downed it with a glass of ice water.

It hit me in about 25 minutes. I stsrted to see purple streamers in the corners of my visual field. The floor started to glow and pulsate like it was lava. I started to laugh and couldn't stop. My sister came in from the next room as she could hear me laughing and wanted to know what was happening. This goes on for 2.5-3 hours, then you start to come down. With shrooms, it releases all of the chemicals in your brain that make the cool colors and makes you laugh, and when you come down it's like you just run out of those chemicals.

One time I took a bunch of the same shroom and thought "I'll just run down to the gas station while we wait for these to kick in" and there I was at a Rotten Robbie at 10:30 at night with hot pink neon streamers going off everywhere around me. I drove home very carefully. The business signs in the dark looked like the 'inside the monolith' sequence in 2001.

Never admit any of this shit at work, by the way.

I never did acid, but lots of my friends did. Seemed a bit too intense for my tastes. Did weed, coke, speed, opium, codeine, shrooms, crosstops, un-identified opiods from various sources, quaaluds, Provigil, and the good ol' standby: binge drinking. Usually cheap single malt scotch like Scoresby.

>raised in super strict family
>not allowed to hang out with random school friends
>not allowed to have a girlfriend until i was like 17, and that was just because parents stopped caring
>not allowed to be out of bed past ten tuntil i was 16
>punishments for small infractions like waking parent up from a nap were usually getting beaten with a belt hard enough to make sitting painful for a couple days
>dragged to church every sunday until i was about 17 despite making it clear i didn't want to go
>given shit clothes for christmas and my borthday while my sister got a waterbed and a flatscreen
>constantly given shit at school because i was the "weird kid"
>1 friend a couple years younger lives int eh neighborhood

now my family gives me shit for being single and being unable to find a halfway decent job, i have no clue how to talk to people in a way that doesn't make me seem like some sort of autist.

when i was 19 i got a car and would drive to the beach and smoke a cigarette and swim all day when i had free time, even in winter when it's cold as fuck

my one friend started smokign pot and now i smoke pot when i think i can get away with it

Is a line of coke ever worth it or should I stay away? I gather that it's nothing special & best to just not fuck with it.

thanks for sharing though, nice to hear an experience from a more genuine time

i've never done it but i know plenty of people that have, they say it's like being hopped up on a shitload of energy drinks and feeling really good for a few hours, but for the price it's not worth it unless you're a massive richfag

My parents were like that too. Should be fucking laws against that shit. I too am pretty socially retarded. Only fucked one girl and she was an insane land whale.

yeah, i've more or less given up trying to get a girlfriend, if it happens cool, if not then oh well.

i have potential jobs down the line that pay well but are still generally shit work, at this point i'll take what i can get that will help me pay rent, insurance, and taxes

I've dropped L roughly ten times, psilocybin five times, but I smoke daily. If you decide to try a hallucinogen, I would try L first. It's a bit easier on the psyche than psilocybin mushrooms. As long as you don't try to fight it while under the influence of it, you should be fine. In ther words, you shouldn't think thoughts like 'I just wish I was sober.' Think happy thoughts and the eight or so hours will be easier. A lot of people believe there's a limit as to how 'trippy' you can get on L, and with shrooms, there is no limit. That's another story though, look into 'Microdosing' and see how it affects you before you have a full on trip. Happy tripping, OP. Namaste.

Hehe, try sitting in the woods with your mate who refuses to get up until he sobers up.
We only ended up there because unexpected people came round the house we were in and I was loving the shrooms at 1st.
I remember laying on the tampolin and commenting how the sky looked like a clyder scope.
Darkness fell and we ended up vacating to one of the bedrooms.
I remember one of my other mates just jumping to his feet and screaming at the visitors "Get out, just get out!"
It's funny now but oh boy, it sucked at the time.

Andy?

Andy was correct.

I can't even do one hit of weed. I get anxious, nuerotic, paranoid and have a general shit time.

Meanwhile I can drop 2 grams of shrooms, go out with friends and have a good fucking time.

>i'll take what i can get that will help me pay rent, insurance, and taxes
It's lies, all lies. Yes paying these things can dramatically improve your life but at the end of the day it's all just a con for a false sense of security.

>people believe there's a limit as to how 'trippy' you can get on L,
These people haven't met me. I've tripped balls on amphetamine base before. There is no limit to any drug, the proportions and you open mind are the limit.
I've done most of the other drugs mentioned in this thread prior and plenty of bombs of fet before this occurred, so let it be known, moderation and a good mind set is key to having a good time.

Do it man ^^ ive done a alot of psykes, help me out alot, but don't lose yourself in the magic its just a chemical reaction happening in your brain also make sure about set and settings. Happy trippin!