Going to MEPS soon. I have been diagnosed with RAD and ODD...

Going to MEPS soon. I have been diagnosed with RAD and ODD. Should I disclose this information and whats the chance of getting a waiver for it.

LOL thats more of a reason to send you over to war. cause you cant be a stable individual here in the states. good luck in the desert friend

This is not the answer I was looking for.

what is ODD and RAD? explain

Oppositional defiant disorder - A disorder in a child marked by defiant and disobedient behavior to authority figures.
Reactive attachment disorder - a rare but serious condition in which an infant or young child doesn't establish healthy attachments with parents or caregivers

I don't know what any of these things are. So I'm not going to give any advice.

But good luck either way.

Yes. Disclose this information, and answer all questions faithfully and truthfully.

IF you have been diagnosed its out there and they will find out through medical records. You dont have to disclose it but eventually in the process someone will do the digging and find out. MEPS is the govt and they know everything so its not hard to find out what they need.

You could get lucky and they can maybe say that its not "debiletating" and you can go and serve the Armed Forces. In the end the lie might be what doesnt get you in instead of the diagnosis

Just got back from BMT.

If you have anything in your medical history tell them. They WILL do a thorough check. They WILL find out that you lied, and when they find out you'll be worse off than if you just told them in the first place. I saw countless people get discharged for lies on their records. It's not worth it.

>In the end the lie might be what doesnt get you in instead of the diagnosis
All of the above.

Dont listen to this boot. They will NOT go through your medical records unless you give them reason. I had a shit ton of disqualifications, but i only told them about my tonsilectomy that i had when i was 17, since that would not have disqualified me. And that is ALL they found. I have been diagnosed with depression, and have been in the emergency room for a suicide attempt when i was like 14. So whatever you do, do not tell them. Because that is automatic bar. Worst case, they find out, "why didnt you tell us?"
"Cause i didnt think it would matter since i was a minor" or whatever excuse. These guys handle hundreds of fucks daily, and dont have time for your shit, so they will just send you on your way. They say there is all these fines and shit for lying at MEPS, but thats all bullshit. Its just a scare tactic. They will do the same thing week 1 of reception, in the moment of truth room. And same thing, you lie. They ask you this shit so they have a reason to check your records and see whats up. Otherwise if you say no and they have no reason, you are safe.

Is it less likely to get a waiver if I have 2 Diagnosis

I'm going to MEPS too. I'm curious to know if I need to bring my eye glasses? They broke... so is it okay if I just go to MEPS regardless? Wouldn't the military supply me with eye glasses? I'm doing Air Force btw

Nope. Bring glasses or no ship. You wont get glasses issued til a few days in, and they dont want you to be a casualty in the days prior. No matter how bad or good your vision is. Tape them at least.

The thing is I lost them too. After they broke. Do I really need to get new ones? They're expensive

Believe this kid all you want. I've had trainees get caught and discharged. I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed that you'll get caught. I know a few people that slid through with criminal records and told me weeks before we graduated.

You CAN get through, but eventually it can catch up to you. If the risk is worth it to you then go ahead. Just know that out-processing can take a while if they find out durring boot camp.

If you do decide to lie make sure you keep up with your story and don't let them trick you into telling the truth. They tricked a guy into saying he smoked weed by asking him "why did you lie about smoking weed" durring his second screening. They never knew to begin with but the question freaked him out and he told on himself.

DO NOT listen to this FUCKING FAGGOT. How is he in the military and posting on Sup Forums from his moms basement? it makes no sense. FUCK YOU asshole

Its mandatory for criminal records to be pulled for federal employment. That will be found out no matter what, especially now a days. But not medical documents, within reason. As long as you are not marked a danger to yourself and others, nothing will pop up in the DoD system, like a criminal record does. Unless they dig. Just dont give them a reason to dig. And yeah, if you lie, stick to your fucking lie. The reason they come up and ask if you lied about smoking pot is cause most teens have smoked pot, so its common to get one kid who will slip. Wheras with mental health, there are so many different disorders out there, they arent just gonna come up to you and ask why you lied about having ADHD or whatever the fuck.

Keep your mouth shut and head down until you get through boit and school. Once you get to your command in the fleet, it's much easier to make military life work in your favor.
You'll thank me two years from now if you heed my advice.

-Navy vetfag, 6 years sea duty

I really don't wanna lie. If I knew there was a good chance of getting a waiver for it I would just tell the truth. Does a note from my family therapist saying that these diagnosis will not affect in any way my service in the army weigh any impact when I join or is it worthless.

As long as you don't fail a pee test and act normal, lie , join military, finish basic, its easy as fuck, and have fun , those disorders are not going to stop you from living life, youre an adult

Best piece of advice right here. Make it through boot/ait, and your previous mental history wont matter, because you will have shown to do well in military life. Especially once the 180 day mark since you shipped to basic hits. Because then you will have been evaluated based on service performance by then, and if its good, then youre good. They wont kick you out because youre a good noodle, and they spent so much tax dollars getting you where you are.