Can you tell me why this film was good, and why it was bad?

Can you tell me why this film was good, and why it was bad?

i thought it was a good popcorn flick

It was far better than the Robocop remake

I just watched the original Total Recall yesterday.
I thought it was great and charming, but i don't understand why it's got such a cult following.

pure cinekino

It is a great one if you have seen the Directors cut.
The theatrical leaves too much plot related scenes behind.
This movie was also fucked to shit by the title and should have been called something else.
It is an amazing movie,actors do a great job and the script in the directors cut is masterpiece.
I still dont know what to make of the last scene.

I'll tell you why it's bad

You don't remake Arnold flicks

>cinekino
What is this?

Ya I wonder how much would change if movies like this had a different title that was compelling.

Would people check it out and realize it's total recall remade, or would they just figure that out beforehand and get the same results

i would watch a remake of commando

i don't either tbqh and i like arnold and even sharon stone, really like verhoeven and love phillip k dick.

the movie is fun and has a few moments and obv some subtext and themes (although most get no due or at best a few throwaway lines) and it all kinda works (but not really) but it doesn't feel like more than a 7.5/10 action flick at best.

what am i missing here? everybody i mentioned had better work, and at about the same time too even.

I think if they hinted out that that is a total recall in its core and call it something like Man of steel did they would have been better off.
People went to see it expecting Arnold shooting space lazers in his top bodybulding form,and instead got complex cyebrpunk spy opera that had an amazing ending.
That and balls cut theatrical release,there is like 20 minutes missing if Im not mistaken.

>flick

it is from a time where scifi was as socially acceptable and there wasn't as much high-budget media available which catered to nerds.

because nerds discussed it so avidly on the internet it developed this over-hyped / over-appreciative fanbase who love all things science fiction. since internet is for normies and everyone is now le epic nerd, tourists - like yourself - out themselves on the regular by admitting they don't actually like these historical pieces of art.

just watch both: "consider this a divorce" scene
you have your answer

Total Recall (1990)

>You're remaking a very on-the-surface but beloved adaptation of a PKD story
>don't take the opportunity to do it either closer, or somethingn interesting with it thematically or aesthetically.
>make it a very lukewarm Matrix follow-up complete with early nineties sensebilites and aesthetics.

It was just an uninspired studio cash-grab to keep the rights to an IP. Kurt Wimmer is a really uninspired, one trick hack who keeps making the same movie over and over.

I thought it was good, just wasn't enjoyed by the cult fans of Arnold. I wish they would remake The Running Man like the novel. The on likeness the movie has to the novel is that: it is set in the future, and it is based around a violent game show.

The only reason I'm interested in this film is because of the ass

It was good because it had a great story, cinematography and soundtrack. Mostly good cast too, except Beckinsale.

It was bad because of Bryan Cranston's wig and Bill Nighy's accent.

Doesn't even take place on Mars

Like what's the point if you're not even going to do that one thing

Never watched it and don't intent to, iRefuse.

It was good because it was a serious take on a goofy movie.

It was bad because it was a serious take on a goofy movie.

>total recall
>goofy

Y'all niggas need Verhoeven in your lives.

Good: Biel and Beckinsale

Bad: I dunno lol I didn't see that junk

No I can't OP, because I refuse to see it.

Is that supposed to support or disprove my point?

i bet you liked the remake of conan

>spend all film waiting for him to get his ass to mars
>never does
>instead just has a million matrix shootouts on Earth
It's a bag of cock, people may feel betrayed by ghostbusters but nothing will ever compare to what this shit made me feel.

>missing the point this much
Please re watch the directors cut you are making huge mistake.
It is nothing about mars,Beckinsale,or whatever you think it is the theme.
He gets literally lost in a new world together with the viewer,and thats the beauty of it.

No, it's dogshit to anyone who grew up with the original.

What point is there to miss?

Ask me how I know that you are underage.
Dont you dare tell me that I haven't grown up with the movie,you pieces of shit.
All this time you trying to pull 2deep card like you haven't seen harem movie before while trying to push modern agenda.
There is nothing NOTHING but a shallow plot with sub par action and bad acting especially from the female cast.
Doesn't do the original any favors.

Pic related,cant act for shit.

Because chains right guys.
So fucking deep

ALHALA VALHALA VITNESS ME VALHALLA

M O D E R N
K I N O