Making a 2D MMORPG

>Making a 2D MMORPG
Need testers, anybody interested?
Answering all questions in thread
Also, posting link to game download and dev stream if enough interest

Other urls found in this thread:

virustotal.com/en/file/370841475dcaf40044d69980876cd0919014220f514494dff9eb6e24e4a5a864/analysis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is FUCKING COPYPASTA

Fuck yeah i'm interested!

you right

Hey retard he said he's making a mmorpg. Not he has one made.

nice to see you again

nice to see you too user-kun

how have things been shaping up since last time.

link to the dev stream or your fake as shit. do it faggot.

i want to believe

added a bunch of shit

you're*

like what?

Post proof op or you're a fag

what engine are you using, BYOND? Post link to game/dev

man i wanted to get my game on, but OP is a fag

a mining cave as a reward from a quest
fixed up the werewolf boss a bit
added a new mage miniboss
drops added to a couple of monsters so drops aren't empty
lobster and shark fishing spots added
more rock spawns for gold and mythril
ether anvil created using ether crystals to craft better armors
etc etc...

His twitch is something like "theoldworldrpg" you can get the download link from him there. He streams it.

sounds cool. do you have a beta out yet?

No, I'm using Intersect, made in C# Mono/XNA libraries for cross platform portability. BYOND is a piece of shit

client download:
>puu()sh/tQtvM/ee1b725450.zip
replace () with a dot

stream link:
>twitch()tv/oldworldrpg
replace () with a dot

discord link:
>discord()gg/5YUPMaA
replace () with a dot

no, it's not even in prealpha yet fam

aww :(

You can still play the indev version, which I posted above

I'm down to help test, I'll give it a download.

Also, someone please post a virustotal scan

cool thanks

Damn, Rip my Comp

For credibility's sake, in your opinion, what have been your favorite mmorpgs?

What makes your game worth playing?

ayy lmao, scan the zip file, not the link pls

RuneScape, World of Warcraft, FlyFF(not the p2w aspect), MapleStory. Also looking to combine features from other non-MMO games

sure. if open source

The question should be: What are the best MMORPGS?

MMORPGs that don't force you to make choices that impact your entire playing session (stat builds > class systems)

heres a pupper to contribute to your cause

hERE IS CUTE PUPPERS

VERY CUTE

What does this mean? No decision you make should hold any significance later on during game play? Then why did you make it?

If you didn't mean, that, then I don't understand.

No, it's more about not binding you to a playstyle you may want to change later. RuneScape does a good job with this. You can just train another skill later on if you get bored of playing melee for example. In my game, you can just re-spec your stat attribute points whenever you want to try different stat builds and different playstyles. No class bullshit you may regret later and be forced to make a new character from scratch.

u better not fuckn ignore my puppers

i'm gonna be thelegend27 in this game

Well, I'm curious why you think this is a good thing. To me, it seems to undermine any decision you could make.

((any))
it's only for choosing your playstyle
that's not to say there's not going to be story and other gameplay-affecting choices to make

I made sure to be reduntant by asking him for his opinion and then what he considered his favorite so that it wouldnt derail into an arguement about what the best mmorpg is

is it compatible with mac?

Not yet, but will be in the future. There's already a working but outdated mac client.

And why wouldn't your experience by diminished by having your play-style be inconsequential?

I think players want to feel like they've committed to something, and specifically something that differentiates them from different play-styles.

Maybe you're going for a sandbox type of approach, but I'd hesitate to fit that into the MMORPG genre without another reason.

Dayum son, I never played FlyFF But I played Fiesta Online, I loved that game.

Lots of hours in RS aswell.

Well, the thing is, those could be different things. That's why one is more important than the other. If my favorite TV show is MLP but I recognize that it's a terrible show, then it matters what I consider good as opposed to my favorite. That's kind of where I'm coming from.

It doesn't matter since you can't re-spec during combat and only in towns. There's literally nothing wrong with letting players try different playstyles, which is why MOBAs are killing MMORPGs in popularity.

I played fiesta too, I played a cleric. Was pretty fun.

IS REAL TWITCH STREAM JOIN ME LADS

If it's like that snake game from the 80s then yeah. It probably will run on a Mac.

wait, are you the guy who created an MMO already? it had a room with the smoke weed every day, thomas the train theme? cause I still have that shit installed.

yes, but that was an old version. you need a new client lmao

ayyyelmao based. I still have you on skype. this is Squirrel btw. lmao

I'm not trying to 'prove you wrong.' I just want to hear your opinion. Offer me something more than it doesn't matter, would you?

Why does arbitrarily deciding when and where people can change their play-style give it any more impact?

I'm saying it doesn't seem compelling to me. You may be depriving your player base of feeling a sense of pride and worth in their decision as opposed to 'whatever needs to be chosen.'

I understand that MOBAs have a very attractive customization option resulting from different characters, ability investment order and item choice, but they are a different beast by nature. Just because they are killing MMORPGs in popularity doesn't mean adopting all or any of their decisions is the right idea.

Talk about the plot, OP

You got me there. I had't considered that.

n

You make some really good points when it comes to choosing gameplay elements for your game, however, when it comes to the pride part I have to tell you that you're incorrect. It's not like I made this system up on the spot and am defending it just to uphold my pride. I've been set on this system because of two reasons:

>I personally enjoyed the runescape-style no class binding and letting you play whatever you want.
>I want to integrate the MOBA-style combat formula into MMORPGs.

While I do acknowledge that the second point is very experimental, I do think it could be very successful and enjoyable in an MMORPG.

me shit looks lit

How do you go about making a game like this? What programs do you use?

the whole point of the game is to kill the niggers, but not to get aids in the process.

lurk more.

>lurk more
No

Look below stream
lurk moar

you must not be very motivated then

Link already posted

Can confirm is good game.

virustotal.com/en/file/370841475dcaf40044d69980876cd0919014220f514494dff9eb6e24e4a5a864/analysis/

Game is fucking shit. owner is giving everyone 50k gold who are level 10+ and the 10+ level guys are just ganking noobs. IGN rated -4/10

i dont really like mmorpgs but it looks cool, i watched stream when you initially posted on Sup Forums