Any personal advice on how to get rid of facial acne? Tried almost every facial cleanser(proactive, neutrogena...

Any personal advice on how to get rid of facial acne? Tried almost every facial cleanser(proactive, neutrogena, etc) and they either dont work or make it worse. Would love to hear some of your own methods.

Accutane is fucking incredible, shit works miracles. You need a prescription tho.

Turning the water really cold at the end of a shower seems to help me. Don't know if it's the same for everyone, though.

ur mom egsdee

Drink a gallon of water per day and workout sweat buckets everyday will probably go away after a year if follow correctly

So just make it freezing cold for a few seconds at the end?

Doesn't that shit have horrid side effects? Liked fucked up hormones and suicidal thoughts?

Already do that. I drink 10 water bottles a day no joke. Also exercise everyday. I eat my veggies too

minocyclin, eat correctly (no milk, not too much sugar, etc.), sports

clindamycin / accutane

I vote accutane too. It's horrible to be on but afterwards you don't get much acne. Side effects I had were, dry skin, redness, no appetite.

also keep your hands out of your face, faggot

stop scratching that shit

wash your hands more often

For how long did you use cleansers before you ditched them?

1. drink at least 2 liters of water every day
2. sleep on back, head up
3. shower at least every other day with a sensitive skin soap, use warm water until the very end and close pores with cool water

had like 5 zits my entire life

>NEVER EVER EVER TOUCH YOUR FACE
>FUCKING NEVER, THERES NO NEED
>Wash your hands, specifically your fingertips with bar soap
>before bed, wash and rub face with a bar of soap, cover face and scrub in, then dry off
and probably most important is dont pop them, your shooting little zit seeds all over your face when yoh do that.

Like a month. The whole 3 step process from multiple different brands. It would usually just make my skin more dry and didnt help the acne at all. Best results Ive gotten in my past was just from using cold water to wash my face tbh, but apparently using a facial cleaner is a must

Any type of soap will sodomize the pores on my face like theres no tomorrow

Month is not enough. Youre also supposed to apply moisturizer after cleaning face.

Anyone try that indian facial clay they sell on amazon? It has good reviews. Im looking to try some natural remedies since the chemical ones don't do shit

>buy all white bed sheets, this way you HAVE TO be clean before you go to bed
>wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed
>invest in a high quality face scrubber (spend over 50$) I would suggest the Clarisonic if you have the cash
>warm water dries out your skin, cold water keeps your pores in great shape and leaves you feeling rejuvenated. Try plunging; ending your shower with cold ass water for at least 2 minutes

So yeah quit being a fucking pig, don't touch your face and take the time to do the maintenance

Any recommendation for a moisturizer that doesn't clog the pores? Every moisturizer Ive used in the past just caused big pimples to pop up the next day

change pillow case often i always knew to wash my face but changing my cases made a huge dif

its your diet. i had shit like that until i stopped drinking pepsi completely. was drinking 2-3 cans a day.
>also started a really healthy diet with lots of water

do not touch ur face
stop eating shit food, any amount of sugar counts

my older sister has some pretty fucked up intestinal disorders from it. i would steer clear of pills, although they do work. i just continued to use topical prescriptions and facial cleansers and hoped for the best and it turned out alright

Try having good genetics

Nothing has worked for me. I've tried everything. Literally everything. I've messed around with my diet, I've used every product/over the counter product you could think of, oils, other home remedies, drinking an excessive amount of water, EVERYTHING

Nothing worked. Nothing. I have an appointment with a dermatologist on Friday, hopefully I can get prescribed accutane because honestly there is no going-away-on-its-on for my acne

My dermatologist gave me an antibiotic treatment that worked wonders on it. It seems it's reappearing again after several months, but it was worth it.

But since I also suffer from rosacea, I would need to try isotretinoin sometime. However, the side effects are scary, and some people suffered them for much longer after the treatment ended.

A hot shower open pores up which allows shit to get in them so making it cold at the end makes the pores close up, minimising the chance of crap getting in them

an hero

look at korean skincare

grow a beard.

I dont eat any sugar at all. Although I do eat a lot of cheese which has lactose.

Hot showers make your face dry and causes acne aswell

Oil cleansing method.

CODE RED. CODE RED. BRAZIL IS IN A PURGE:

no soda ever. no fast food. no junk food (includes doritos, cheetos, oreos, spaghettios, anything that ends in an o, RAMEN), no cheese, no pizza, no burgers, no fries, no fried chicken, no fried anything, no sugar, no fat, no cheap shitty beer, no cheap shitty malt beverages, no energy drinks, no slim jims, no crappy gas station food, no coffee, no dairy, no candy, no slushies or slurpies or ice cream, no video games, no sitting inside watching tv, take hot showers, no shitty soap, turn down the heat, work outside, shovel snow, shower often, swim in the river and rub the clay all over your shit

when i took accutane for 3 years the only side effect i ever had was extremely dry/chapped lips. acne has been much better ever since. you probably won't need to take it for 3 years, since my acne was all kinds of fucked up

your body doesn't make that nasty shit on its own. it's always from something you've consumed, and its trying to detoxify

Learn how to grow a beard

wait until puberty is done faggot, if you still have it by age 22 id consider accutane or an-heroing. Lets face it your not going to get a slam tight pigger looking like the red menace

Hot shower no soap cold at the end and use paw paw cream 20 mins after shower shits thick but leave it on and sleep on your back so face isnt touching pillow. Give it time and your good to go. Sunscreen during the day once its cleared up a bit.

You need to do 4 things: Open your pores, remove dead skin, apply an antibacterial astringent, and moisturize. Here's how:

Materials:

1 humidifer
1 towel
1 small cup of equal parts water/vinegar
1 unscented lotion

Instructions:

Step 1.) Start humidifier. Drape towel over head and place your face in the steam for 10 minutes.

Step 2.) Use half of towel to wipe face dry. Be a little rough, the intention is to remove oil and dead skin flakes.

Step 3.) Using a clean part of the towel, dab water/vinegar mix and apply to your face.

Step 4.) Apply a light layer of moisturizer. You're all done!

Explanation:

What we're basically doing is opening your pores up, removing any excess skin, then killing bacteria with the vinegar mix while simultaneously closing your pores back up and shutting them off to other bacteria. The moisturizer is so your face doesn't dry out, you should always moisturize unless you want to look like a wrinkly weathered ballsack in 20 years.

1) stop using meth, change any meds with doctor
2) Detox
3) soap on a hard bristled bath brush - scrub (hurts the first few times, get used to it)
4) cardio + weights; helps improve immune system

try this

Accutane my nigga

I could sleep on a pepperoni pizza and wake up with perfect skin.

If I ever get acne it's always super bad cystic acne and people actually think I have a skin condition when i'm just breaking out. Tips I can suggest are
-Changing Pillowcase EVERY night (Use a shirt if you don't have another pillow case)
-Change sheets/clean blankets once every 3-5 days
-Getting a prescription pill always helps but has some side affects
-Go to a dermatologist and get a diagnosed facial ointment/scrub/face wash
-Invest in an oscillating brush
-Remove most unnecessary dairy and grease from your diet (trust me). Water > Milk. Snack > Ice Cream or Chips, you get it.
-Rinsing/Washing face with cold water keeps pores clean and not super dried out like with hot water.
-Before you wash your face with cold water, put your face over steam or rinse thoroughly with hot water to open pores

Oh and wash your hands before you start doing this. And stop touching your face, that's just an amazing way to transfer all the bacteria and oils and you've been unknowingly collecting to the weaker, acne prone skin on your face

hey man, i've had acne worse than your pic since i was like 13. i've only recently gotten it under control, accutane works but you can't take it your whole life. start eating right with fruits and vegetables and don't pick at your face, i know it's tempting. learn to sleep on your back and change what you sleep on very often, i can't stress how important this is. stress can also be a factor, learn to just let things go and use a facial cleanser. in my experience those miracle ones never work. I'm in my mid 20s now but this is what i do and i only get a few spots now and my acne was bad, could only get jobs where i worked in back because of it.

keep your head up man, it fucking sucks but i know but just keep trying, don't just give up like i did for a few years.

if youve had 5 zits your entire life you have idea how to actually deal with bad acne, thank your parents they blessed you with good genes.

Ok mother fucker this works and it helps whatever else you are doing.

Change your pillow case. Even go full fucking Martha Stewart and get some pillow protectors. Then change those every single day.

Don't wash, clean and medicate your face only to lay it on top of last night's bacteria.

Costs fuck all.

Use aveeno, the calming night one. Shit works wonders

I don't think I have anything that hasn't been said but it's going to be a couple different routes all at once.
You gotta change up your diet, clean proteins (like grilled chicken or steak without excessive seasoning and salts) fresh fruits and vegetables and at this point only drink water and black coffee (no cream, no sugar).

Get a workout routine, you don't need to go crazy but try to workout at lest two to three times a week.

Shower after workouts/work/things that leave you dirty or sweaty. Start showers with warm/hot water, enjoy it nice and steamy, clean yourself. The hot water and steam will open up your pores and after you've cleaned yourself rise once then switch to cold water and rinse again (get your face, armpits, and groin) the cold water will close and seal your pores.

Change your sheets and pillows often, change them at lest once a week. Change your pillow cases more often if you can.

Finally use medications as prescribed, don't over due it if it doesn't seem to work just about everything is going to take a month or more. Don't give up.

Don't waste your time with anything that costs money, I did this and it cleared my acne up so significantly that when I stopped 2 weeks later, my acne never came back (besides the occasional zit that everyone gets)

Acne is a condition that grows off itself. If your pores are clogged with bacteria, it's likely they'll stay that way until you bust them up.

get one of those fleece pullover shirts. the kind with the thinnish fleece material.

test it first, but if you got the correct one you will notice that the acne is no longer an issue.

acne mostly forms from sleeping on surfaces that breed bacteria.

causes of most acne:

1)oversleeping
2)bad pillowcase for your skin and
3)bad diet with oily meats and the like

Some op was on here a while ago who said his dermatologist told him to cut out all dairy from his diet.

See a dorm, do whatever the dorm tells you (within reason) - if that's too expensive, see a registered esthetician who works with problem skin. If that's too expensive, look for some need oil and tea tree oil on Amazon - smells weird AF but will help keep your skin moisturized while also killing acne bacteria. (don't use tea tree oil directly on your skin, mix with another face oil like shea) and keep cleansing every day in the morning and evening. Don't touch your face, don't scratch or pop your zits, and change or wash your pillow case every week.

change your pillow cases often, like twice a week.

Basically quit jacking it and it will clear up tremendously.

Everytime you get the chance, wash your face with regular white dove soap. Also, quit touching your face as much and drinking soda.

I am taking isotretinoin (accutane) and there is no side effects than getting dry lips as hell, you need prescription and sometimes it could be considered expensive
But go as soon as possible to avoid scars

benzoyl peroxide 8-10%

Christ all these replys with products, drugs, complicated routines.

Just wash your face with water. Nothing else! Use soap on your hands so they are clean and oil free. Then use hot water to wash your face. It cleans the shit out and let's your face keep its natural balance of oils. Do this at least 3 times a day.

It will take a few weeks for your skin to adjust. But me and people I know who have tried this works better than anything out there.

Dont touch your face, ever. faggots like you sit and smear the acne rot all over their faces in class. Fucking disgusting.
Wash it daily with soap. once it heals, clean it out in a sterile room, using a metal round dull edge that you while against an alcohol rag after every turn. wash your face after each pop with warm running water, clean it carefully and long, try not to actually make the skin bleed, you will get the infection to spread even more.
once you popped every big one and every black head, wash your face. it should be burning from shame and hurt like hell, but not bleed. wash it with water, wash it with alchohol. stay at home for a day. dont touch it at all with anything, change your fucking bedsheets and wash your pillow. tell mom to buy new pillow for fucking 2bucks. sleep on new pillow. next day if the face is oily, wash it with alchohol, if it's super dry, moisturize it. do that every day from now on, you just have a shitty skin. that's why you have to do it.
never touch your face. never let others touch your face. acne will still appear, but you just clean them in a clean room. but it will be easier from then.

^ a 25yo guy with bad skin

A senator's son died while on it so now they are required to say that.
1st month is awful. Drink extra water and stay out of the sun.

Do I have to use a humidifier? Can I just use a hot wet towel instead?

diet

Wow that was working for me since I tried it, like a week ago.

Make due with what you've got, but if you go that route you'll need to reapply freshly hot water to the towel every so often.

I really can't stress how useful the hot steam is for this. Consider boiling water, but if nothing else, the hot towel will be fine.

Wash your face with honey, it's a natural antibiotic, so it kills bacteria and won't dry your skin out. Seriously works amazing.

I work with this guy and he is fat as shit, dirty all the time and i swear everyday on our lunch break hes either eating some fried thing from his house or going to fast food. His face has never had a zit on it i swear

This

It literally destroyed my acne

Do you just spread it, keep it on your face for some time and wash it off?

Yup, just seem a dermatologist.

#1 thing that worked and then added antibiotics throughout the treatment

You just use it like you would any other face wash, rub it all over with your hands then wash it off with water.

I'm using this stuff called Epiduo and taking a tablet. Shit works great for me. My acne isn't so severe but if it was the next option after that is accutane.

I'm a dermatologist, this is the only solid advice in this whole fucking stupid thread. Why do I even still come here?

Dont eat any chocolate anythings for like a month and take vitamin d3 sups.

Daily showers with just water, lightly rubbing the face underneath the water for like 10 seconds.

I have incredibly oily skin. Like, if I don't shower for a couple of days I get the most disgusting buildup of face-grease.

I just shower daily, never had a breakout.

Also DON'T PICK AT YOUR FUCKING FACE

this is probably the worst thing you can do. It does not help at all, and can lead to very bad facial scarring.

wtf is up with all these people saying accutane works. yeah it works but are you just going to take it for the rest of your life? did you just take it once and BAM your acne was gone forever?

>never had a breakout
>posting in a thread where people have acne problems

Lol yeah. Pretty much not even half a year on it and I might get one or two a month when I don't clean the sheets.

drink water, eat a healthier diet, wash your face twice per day, and never go more than a week without washing your pillow cases.
>not to sound like a fucking hippy but look into gluten free diets.

Sleep with a CLEAN towel over your pillow every night. Never reuse the towel twice in a row. Always have a fresh one available.

This is what I'm scared of. I've tried everything, nothing works. I get terrible cystic acne. I've worked with dermatologists and doctors and nothing can fix it. My only solution is accutane and I'll be going on it next month. I hope it clears up my face and leaves it like that because I would kill myself if my acne came back after it

No wonder you have bad skin your a fucken retard

I'm not joking.. this shit called retin-A works. i buy it in Chinatown from this thai store in sydney. not sure where you;re located probably US so not much help to you.

its says on the tube: Retin-A 0.05% Tretinoin

Ivory soap + scolding water = no acne

You may have listened to alot of professional advice but im guessing you never stopped obsessing over your skin. Which also means you never stopped picking at it and rubbing creams and shit into it. You think all the people with good skin pick at their face and spend half their day applying meds? They dont they just have normal showers and stay relatively clean

sun light

>mfw my face has looked like that since i was about 13

i've tried everything....fuck it i guess

See

Wrapping your pillow in a fresh towel every night and sleeping on it seems to work miracles for some reason

Accutane 100%. I was on it for 6 months and it cleared me right up. I get break outs now every once and a while on my chin, but they're just stress zits and they are very small. Very manageable.

Acne scars are the worst. Do yourself a favor and treat your acne as soon as possible.

Was on it for 8 months, now have ulcerative colitis. Definitely worth it /s

when i started smoking cigarettes my faces suddenly became very clear even though a lot of people have told me it makes it worse

I use prescription Clindamycin, it works really well as long as you use it often and keep your face clean.

Snake venom contains a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly.

Snake venom is used to treat severe nodular acne. It is usually given after other acne medicines or antibiotics have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.

Snake venom is often applied through the use of syringes.