What are some other artists who have made legitimately good albums...

What are some other artists who have made legitimately good albums, but people hate because of their huge popularity and because their later albums ruined their legacy?

holy fuck those all suck

Nickelback is worth mention besides never making anything good. The fucking "Dane Cook is bad" level bandwagoning that happened to them is so pathetic.

I find it funny how lot of people who say they are the worst band ever enjoy buttrock like Foo Fighters or Breaking Benjamin

All of these are plebeian albums, user. They're just somewhat more bearable than the rest of their discography.

With the exception of U2, none of these bands contributed to music overall.

Nice contrarian opinions
Go back to Kendrick and Death Grips thread

All these albums are good for mainstream music though

That's a strawman, and not a very precise one, as Kendrick and Death Grips are roughly on the same level as these bands.

Depends on what you see as "mainstream music". Most likely, these bands don't belong there, as the average Rihanna/Drake/The Chainsmokers listener would've never heard about this albums.

They are entry-level alternative.

These albums literally sold millions

Those people definitely know singles from Rush of Blood, What's the Story (you know which one I'm talking about) and possible Joshua Tree

t. avant-teen

Actually, you're right, for the generation before us (Gen X), they probably were mainstream.

The only one I'm not sure about is Muse, since their genre choices were rather exotic for mainstream.

Or simply someone who heard these albums and didn't like them much.

Choose your pick.

That's not even the best Coldplay album

pic related was pretty decent, even if they were attempting a little too hard to be Jeff Buckley (especially Shiver)

fun. used to be discussed on Sup Forums because of pic related, a good times record in all senses of the expression. And crafted with attention, some instrumentals are p good.

But then came along We are Young and the rest you know.

Hey someone post some more albums this is a good thread

Metallica

Oasis are shit though. They music is boring my nig

These guys.

TKOL was the only moderately "bad" album though. Nothing has ruined their legacy so far.

>implying