Human beings have dreams. Even dogs have dreams, but not you, you are just a machine. An imitation of life...

Human beings have dreams. Even dogs have dreams, but not you, you are just a machine. An imitation of life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2kuY3BrmTfQ
elsewhere.org/pomo/
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8
xkcd.com/1425/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4u

can a nigger xd

Robots have dreams when they go into sleep mode.
Usually it is pretty boring though. Dreams about adjusting power settings.

I liked this movie.

>There will never be a faithful adaptation of the robot series
Feels bad man. Super comfy and they would adapt well to the big screen.

>Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?
>2004 tech

There are artificial intelligent programs that can create music exactly as described.

youtube.com/watch?v=2kuY3BrmTfQ

Of course there are also AI's that create artworks, and write blogs, and operate the NY stock exchange trading.

I, Robot would be a better mini-series. Can you imagine well made caves and naked sun movies though?

Do niggers dream of black sheep?

>Just a machine? That's like saying that you are just an ape.

>mindblown

A.I. can definitely succeed in contemporary humanities:
elsewhere.org/pomo/

Yeah but can they do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

Why don't you give out the full scene?

How can the mirror be real if our eyes aren't real?

I'm pretty sure robots can do all of those things better than people. Robots can even fuck better than people. Or that's what I got from Robots of Dawn.

It sounds so ... cold, knowing this was composed and performed by a machine

Music is mathematical so I can get how an AI can pull this off, but how do they make visual art that's aesthetically pleasing?

painting got over the "aesthetically pleasing" phase before the 20th century

No, people just stopped putting in any effort because photographs exist so they have to pretend the shit they make is "art" when it's just shit. SHIT I tell you! SHIT! I don't want our future robotic companions to think of that shit as being art.

Don't know.

Which do you think will develop first? Sapient AIs, or properly functional bodies to put them into?

bodies for sure

sapient AIs are at least a century away. We don't even know how our own consciousness works, let alone trying to emulate it

>you'll be dead before you can upload your consciousness somewhere more durable than the human body
Oh, great.

AI, gettign the brain right is easier than getting the body right.

You have five minutes, I want to see your opening arguments by the time House cuts to commercial.

It's not about getting everything right, it's about making it seem right. Mkaing a body doesn;t mean it will have nerves and veins, it will just look like a body. Same for AIs. As we get faster processors we can assume we will get programs that are better at removing redundant streams of information and make somethign coherent. It would literally be hit-or-miss and a giant fraud (because it's not really intelligent, it's just a program shitting out probabilities) but I think we're cloder to this than that.

~~fin~~

>it's just a program shitting out probabilities
Q: How is this any different from how our brain works?

>I enjoy working with people.
But do they really?

DC KinoViewers have dreams. Even dogs have dreams, but not you, you are just a marveldrone. An imitation of intelligence. Can a marvelcuck write a symphony? Can a marvel director turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?

I can.

are you baiting? you realize there are several reasons why you think this , did I get baited

>le modern art is bad meme
only for the uninitiated plebs like yourselves.

1. I never said it's bad
2. Most people, probably yourself as well, don't know what "modern art" means and usually attach the term to abstract impressionism

>he thinks modern means new

Am I a pleb for liking that original conversation in the movie? I thought it was clever.

AYO HOLE UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
WE SOME KINNA
PLAINCLOSSMEN?

Seriously speaking though, why call the movie I, Robot, then adapt bits of Caves of Steel and make up the rest?

*expressionism
I fucked up

>implying I'm not sharing modern art right now
>implying either of these paintings are 'abstract impressionism'

I don't know if it was clever, but I do know it was witty and that you are not a pleb for liking it.

no, that looks like surrealism and it's not bad imo

>implying the only route to intelligence is mimicking human gray matter

come on, kid

where did I say that?

how can you create consciousness when you don't know what consciousness is?

Guys? Why are we talking about art? Shouldn't we be talking about robots and how they're stealing our women?

>niggers are robots

People could pet cats and see electric sparks in the dark for thousands of years before they knew what electricity was.

yes and also thousands of years before they harnessed its effects (isolated vague incidents like baghdad battery notwithstanding). I don't really get your point

>people can't do this because they don't understand it
>here's an example of people doing this shit without understanding it (they sure as fuck didn't know what electrons were)
>hurr I don't get your point
Okay, nice talk.

Human level AGI is the goal here, not "consciousness".

By 2045 we will have AGIs so advanced that they will appear conscious to us. Whether that makes them strictly "conscious" in the human sense is pretty much semantics and it's boring to me.

>By 2045 we will have AGIs so advanced that they will appear conscious to us
source?

xkcd.com/1425/ - read the hover text

Isn't Nolan doing it? Or is he doing Foundation.

Taking the bait. People in a blind test can't tell the difference between human and AI created music. You only feel it's cold because you know it's artificial

>petting a cat is equal to creating artificial intelligence

...ok

Foundation doesn't work as a series, it's too general of a glossary of the events. Like psychohistory itself.

Analogies, how do they work?

usually with some sort of similarity, which is sorely lacking here

We can reason, we don't take chances.

You asked how it's possible to create something that's not understood, I gave an example of that. If you bothered to think about things for a bit, you could easily think up more and much better examples of it. You won't, though.

It's a commonly known average of the most pessimistic (~60 years to never) and the most optimistic (5-10 years) predictions of people working in the field

but sparks from a cat is not "creating electricity"

are you saying we will be sorting a database or somehting and spontaneously observe artificial intelligence?

unfortunately people working in the field tend to be very biased towards optimistic prognoses. The best AI currently barely performs above random chance in multiple choice tests

> 2016
> Amazons warehouses are run by 1,000 robots instead of thousands of lazy, unproductive niggers

Silly Niggers... can you even get a job in the future?

Niggers will still be able to run fast and throw a ball through a hoop... so they got that going for them... which is nice.

I always wondered why niggers are so afraid of robots.

"In July of 2014, a little robot began a hitchhiking adventure that would take it across the beautiful Canadian landscape, throughout Germany by February of 2015, and back to Boston in July of the same year. As the little bot started it’s American adventure, the poor thing made it no further than Philadelphia, where several African Americans destroyed it on August 1st."

Either way, once we develop sapient AIs, it's going to be over for the human race. We'll either be wiped out by machines OR we'll become their pets and we'll no longer control our own fate.

hardly, just make sure they have a shitty battery life and no wifi