Why is english the only correct language?

Why is english the only correct language?

It's not. Sanskrit is the only correct language.

You misspelled Hebrew.

>all these jokers idolizing languages that are ancient and/or irregular and a pain to learn
>not realizing that retard-level easy Esperanto is the only correct language

>Esperanto
How much do you know about Esperanto? Someone basically just made it up, right? What's the deal? Explain for me.

>Steak is pronounced "Stake"
yeah nah
Come back when your spelling makes any fucking sense

>hehe yes goy! Let's abolish ALL the languages and make EVERYONE on this planet speak esperanto because language is very important for national identitiy and we don't want that heheheh

>muh identity

Fun fact: Esperanto inspired George Orwell to create the Newspeak from 1984.

It's one of many attempts at constructing an "universal language". The motives of Zamenhof to create it are pretty obvious, he thought that a language artificially made to be easy to learn, and applied to as big a number of people as possible would be practical. He was not the first or the last person to get this same idea, however, of all constructed languages, Esperanto was the closest one to actually succeed, being recognized by several organizations. I'm not as much of an expert as i'd like to be, but i've been learning it on Duolingo for some time now. It is very easy and intuitive, making it feel like somewhat of a break from learning real languages. It tastes and sounds distinctly European, so i don't think it could ever catch on outside of Europe and maybe north america.

Interesting. I love Duolingo but I never noticed they had that. Now I'm curious to check it out.

I do see what you mean, i think the large variety of languages the world offers should be protected at any cost. However, a lingua franca that goes by the idea "Everyone should make an effort to learn this simple and flexible language to communicate" such as esperanto clearly surpasses English, which is basically "Hope to god your parents or your school teachers manage to make you grow up bilingual or get ready to get fucked by dumb historical spelling, nonsensical phrasal verbs, and very specific pronounciation"

>Hey, guys. I got an idea. How about we create a language, where we have to sometimes refer to ourselves as i. You know, it's like a letter but at the same time it's a word too. And to make this shit more fun, it has to be a capital letter, even in the middle of a sentence for no fucking reason.

Versatility, obviously.

just 100 years ago french was the "correct" language

just you wait

Its the only one that makes sense

I think French is a cool language but all the silent letters made the speaking and listening difficult for me. Back when I was still in school I could read and write it with a fair degree of fluency but I just didn't have a good ear for it. Am I an autist?

But that is what english is doing
Because english is so hard to learn it replaces other languages
Esperanto on the other hand would just be a second language that everyone couls learn so everyone would speak their own language AND esperanto

O quê, filho da puta?

It's somewhat of a proper noun, why wouldn't you capitalize it? Myself should be capitalized too as a matter of fact.

it would look like third world if we didn't capitalise it.

Even though written English is a clusterfuck, I think English has the most logical syntax and since it's already a mishmash of other languages, it can seamlessly incorporate foreign words. Truly, it is the best world language.

I don't think English is the most logical anything, nigga. Aside from English, I've studied French, German, Spanish, and Japanese (I used to be kind of a weeaboo) and I think Spanish is the most logical of those on the whole. It does have noun gender though, which I've always found autistic. That's one thing English got right.

English: I am cold
>Makes perfect sense

Spanish: Yo tengo frio.
>How the fuck do you have cold?

Yeah that is kinda weird, granted.

It's a bit narcissistic.

There is at least one correct language

This you can't argue

It's Math

because it doesnt have stupid gender assignments for words, doesnt require various verb tenses for past/future tense, and doesnt assign two ways to say 'to be' THAT CAN STILL BE USED TO MEAN THE SAME THING IN CERTAIN CASES

FUCKING SPAIN

delete this post please, as a fellow american you understand why

French isn't even the correct language in France anymore

kek

That is correct.

> he has problems with homophones
Never learn Chinese or Japanese, user.

Esperanto was *designed* as a 'universal language', it's whole raison d'être; whereas English has just evolved its popularity.

How can one 'be a temperature'? The English makes no sense at all.

0 degrees is a temperature
"Cold" is a feeling

Ice is cold.
Ice can be 0 degrees.

im am the nesws serfif im towm

it isnt so hard to understand,
for example, in English both Dont be afraid and Have no fear are acceptable. Sensations can be had.

Tengo frío (the yo isnt needed), means I have that sensation.

we cant say Soy Frio, because that means you are a Cold person, like cool headed, who doesnt get nervous and isnt very emotional.

Estoy frio means that your skin is currently cold, you would say that to someone who is about to touch you without gloves.
It can also be used for the state of someone who is going to practice sports and hasnt warmped up yet. Or someone who is playing bad, and says that because he will get better during the match as he plays more.

I prefer english because most words are very shorts, 1 or 2 syllables, so creating new words by joining two words is very simple. Spanish has very long words, translations in Spanish of English books are often like 1/5 longer.

shit you couldn't get your head around as a child

>become and bekomme don't mean the same thing
>become means werden
>bekomme means get

just couldn't understand it

nice

nice

pathetic

Aussies at it again the madmen

'Cold' is the state of being of a relatively low temperature.

I agree with your other point: the French/Spanish way of 'having' cold is equally odd, but 'being' cold is odd too.

One 'is in a state of feeling cold', not 'existentially being *the* state of cold'.

Brood = bro͞od
Blood = bləd
Also
>They have to recognize words instead of reading them.

>How can one 'be a temperature'?
the same fuckin way one can be a certain number of years old, instead of having a certain number of years, where the fuck do you have them, in your pocket?

That makes little sense either.

One 'has aged by x years', not 'is' those years.

Well there is a big difference between "I am cold" and "I am the cold."

not 'is' those years, is that many years old

No one says "I am 37 years," they say "I am 37 years old." Other guy is right, how can you have 37 years? Where are you keeping your years?

"universal language" is a misleading explanation. It is an auxiliary language for different people to learn in addition to their native language so that they can easily communicate. The problem with Esperanto is that it's too Eurocentric but then it was mostly made for different Europeans to communicate, not the world.

>non-anglos

>It's because of (((Diversity)))

But despite those little nuances, Spanish is far superior when it comes to written form and consistency of pronunciation.

So, english?