What's the best subgenre of metal and why is it Industrial?

I fucking love that album.
I like most subgenres... I'm not too picky.
Hate "heavy metal" though.

>What's the best subgenre of metal and why is it Industrial

How old are you?

It's got HARD as fuck riffs. Not necessarily brutal, just HARD

He's in his late teens and he just came across industrial metal, so naturally he thought "lol wtf is this edgy garbage?! Imma make a troll thread bout it on Sup Forums" and then made this post.

He hasn't grown into industrial metal just yet, it may take a few more years.

Doom and Death exist. More than that Death Doom Metal exist.

Thrash is better

I like my metal like my men. Black and Norwegian.

The original drummer for SYL (Adrian White) was our live drummer when we toured with Chemlab in like, 2009-10ish. I was blown away seeing that guy play along to backing tracks for our stuff.

the downward spiral is the only good metal album ever

Chemlab are legend.
No Sup Forumstard is going to know who they were though.

NSBM

this album is stupidly good but idc if i'd call it industrial, even though it has elements of it

I play in Cyanotic.

I just looked you up and played the first song and I like it
What album of yours should I start with?

Industrial Metal is the worst subgenre of Industrial tho.

Listen to some EBM and Power Electronics.

>tfw its not 1992

>worst subgenre of Industrial
that would be aggrotech

no, the worst subgenre of industrial is power electronics, because it's all posturing and noise. And not even interesting posturing or interesting noise.

this

>What's the best subgenre of metal and why is it Industrial?

Doom obviously

shit opinion desu

Agreed

thrash sucks

not this

>not interesting
Listen to Deathpile - G.R., if that doesn't change your mind, you're doomed to a life of plebbery.

look, you dumb nigger, it's not good, it doesn't pack a punch, it's quite literally just a guy saying edgy stuff in a moderately angry tone over an abrasive ambient background, it's the musical equivalent of getting your knee lightly scraped with thin sandpaper for a few minutes

it's not percussive, not powerful, it's devoid of groove, devoid of rhythm, devoid of almost everything that allows music to sound dark and violent, all it has to rely upon is the texture, and it's not even varied and

it's just not disturbing, even though I can clearly understand that it's meant to be; it's just a few steps away from being just being a loop of a guy saying "please be scared" for an hour. The lazy-ass samples of people narrating their rape experiences or someshit sure as hell don't feel like anything other than that, anyway.

I get more disturbed when listening to Suicide Commando cause at least there are musical elements that are reminiscent of horror movie soundtrack. Sure it sounds fake, but no less than power electronics, where the steps taken to creating a creepy atmosphere are really clumsy and basic. This album, much like the near-entirety of power electronics, doesn't feel authentic, it just feels lazy

it's as I said, quite literally just posturing and noise. Aggrotech is also a lot of posturing and noise but it's arranged with more efforts, skills and creativity into something more effective.

This is just weak. Abrasive, rough-sounding, but weak nonetheless. Aesthetically it doesn't convey rape and hate and pain, it conveys front door rugs and dirty dish brushes. You're easily impressed by the least impressive things if you think this is better than even second-rate aggrotech.

Doom, Death, Black and Sludge would like a word with you

Godflesh was insanely influential so i agree.

nah, Godflesh was moderately influential

it influenced a few 90s bands that everyone has now forgotten, and early Fearfac too, but if you're counting influence as a way to rank bands, then The Kovenant are more influential cause they started cyber metal.

That's right, these guys.

You mean the guys who started as bland BM and then stoled their looks of early Marilyn Manson?

i'm amazed you wrote that entire thing just for shitpost

plebs will be plebs i guess

early Manson AND also the dude from Babylon Zoo.
yeah, them. They kickstarted a subgenre of industrial metal that lasted longer and was more populous than Godflesh copycats.

believe it or not it's not shitposting, it's the truth of the matter; Try to argue against it if you disagree.

If you don't, I can only conclude that you agree, but that you LIKE how weak and boring it sounds.

I also like the sound of a man cutting himself with a chainsaw

your argument is purely based on subjective experience of what you perceive to sound lazy and uncreative, it's not meant to be refuted

in my case, just to laugh at, cause you seem to be mad about it

>your argument is purely based on subjective experience
thats what this board was made for

Pls answer dude

Still waiting for Aria Galactica.

Well no it's not meant to be refuted, after all it's the truth, but at the very least I'm giving you the opportunity to detail your excuses and explanations for why you don't think that it's boring. They may not be valid reasons to think highly of power electronics (and this album specifically) but at least if you make them sound relatable I won't have to antagonize you.

And yeah I'm kinda mad about the fact that people still take power electronics seriously enough to claim such outrageously stupid shit as "it's one of the best subgenres of industrial". Outrageously stupid claims naturally beget outrage, right?

Cause you have to admit that there's something deeply stupid about claiming that this is better than even basic-ass mallgoth shit just because it's more minimal and has rape talk in it.

he's pulling our leg, dumbass, Cyanotic is fairly famous and mildly controversial for being too overproduced and not raw/abrasive/stern enough for industrial metal purists who are worried about its arguably undeserved success.

Just listen to anything by them, it's not like it requires your full attention and focus anyway.

Oh...

If Godflesh wasn't influential then early Swans neither.

Avant garde

burn out at the hydrogen bar: plebian or patrician?

amen, brother. more like low energy electronics

whats their best song?

PH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST REVIEW EVER

Also, I'm kevin. I play bass and synth for Cyanotic. I have a Roland g-77 bass live.

godflesh's influence is really on later sludge/doom bands rather than in industrial

Transhuman has those fun punk rock level jams. The most fun moments of my life were working with Sean, Chris, Drew, Jamie, etc on Medication Generation. Every song on that album has such a story to me. I wish everyone could have heard the many versions of Brutal Deluxe because that went through so many changes that totally altered the song. I did drums in that music video at the singer from MindFluxFuneral's living room.

After some weird shifts and life events, I came back around during Worst Case Scenario sessions and worked on nearly every track either on bass, keyboards, or on I think Borderliner I did the drone guitars because Chris couldn't get the George Thorogood solos upside down (I'm lefty and struggle with bass right handed live but that bass RULES) so I am buried under some tracks on that last one with the noise guitar stuff.

Tech Noir stuff is really ditching guitars, both for artistic reasons (though I did play the bass and synths in Clear a Path) and personal because Chris is gone. I really like how some of the jams sean and I did just to experiment would quickly morph into Cyanotic songs- one song is super slow with huge orchestral drums and I just sorta jammed while he recorded me. There's some tracks on this new album that are really gonna get stuck in your head...I like how in the zone sean and I had to be on some of this stuff because we have very conflicting schedules, so we really had to Hammer ideas in limited timeframes (unlike the all nighters of MedGen) so it was approached very differently in many ways. It's super close to being done, but I sorta want to drop some modular jams and do quick edits with that stuff before it's done, but sean is pretty close to being ready here.

Hope that helps!

I love burnout. Jared has / had track by track analysis of every single chemlab song from the first two albums on his site and I love that level of background d he gave. Really makes those tracks feel gritty. I love the crack mix of Oxidizer best- that's the original version that Jared told Acumen was "too electronic"

>Hope that helps!
It does, thanks
It's gonna sound cheesy but I fucking love yhe internet because of these kind of moments

Sweet dude! Hope it helps! The singer of Breath & Decay / PTI has said for a while now i could write a less angry at Al J version of Chris Connelly's book recounting info on tours and studio stuff and how things were shaped without being from Sean himself. This new album is so damn close and I can't wait to get it out so we can play some fun shows and get on with these new tracks!

>mfw they're gonna call you pleb
You're right about everything.

Streetcleaner is probably the best metal album ever but I they weren't too influential.

-Dragonstorm
-Chariots of Thunder
-Sindrom
-Pantomine
from each album respectably.
First album is pretty forgetable, Rest have lots of great moments.