DAMN. This is on Kendrick level, but its rock/punk/progressive/noise. P4k gave this a 9.0...

DAMN. This is on Kendrick level, but its rock/punk/progressive/noise. P4k gave this a 9.0. 10s of millions of people have listen to Kendrick's stuff, but maybe a 100,000 max have heard this. SO who is cooler? Who is the better artist?

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

You've actually made me dislike this album a bit when it was one of my favorites in the genre, thanks.

me too man I'm just glad he didn't pick Fugazi's The Argument.

Like I give a fuck about 2 douche chills who taste can be manipulated by shitposting. Both of (you) are fucking losers.

HA HA WRECKED, wit the wrecking dub dubs as well.

That's a good album but why are you bringing up Kendrick

Because Kendrick the the watermark for the highest level of talent possible right now in the current musical landscape

Because there's currently 7 postings about it clogging up the catalog.

Being a called a loser by some guy who spams the same album for months doesn't seem like it should have much of an impact t b h

I've had a huge impact, I intentionally use the same yt link each time, and check RYM on a weekly basis (there are more reviews when I'm shitposting). The s/t album and yank crime were tied on yt views when I started, and now YC is 600 views ahead. meaning at least 600 ppl from Sup Forums have listened to YC just from my shitposting.

>this is on kendrick level

>YC is 600 views ahead, meaning at least 600 ppl from Sup Forums have listened to YC just from my shitposting.

Debut is better whos with me?

This is one of the most autistic things I've read but I gotta say I'm impressed by how big of a fan you are

Also kind of stupid because people could have viewed it multiple times like you have.

Me

I saw ppl here shitposting Loveless and Spiderland on a daily basis when I first came here and noticed how high the yt views were for those semi-obscure classic albums in comparison to YC which is another semi-obscure classic, and figured out that shitposting Sup Forums must have some sort of coolness factor sway. I love everything John Reis makes, and know that since the critics love YC than the critic wannabes and hipsters here would love it too, and was the best album to shitpost, because RFTC were never cool, and Hot Snakes is an acquired taste.

Luau is great.

I can also tell who's listened from here from the yt comments/thumbs up. The whole "this sounds just like ROC" came from my shitposting here.

more like Wank Crime

>SO who is cooler
Not relevant
>Who is the better artist?
Well, which plays instruments? Which knows theory? Which don't need to rely on outside producers?

What's ROC?

at the drive-in - relationship of command

NoMeansNo should get more critical acclaim than any post-hardcore bands, except maybe Husker Du and Big Black.

Yank Crime is never going to get the acclaim of those 2 albums even though I personally think it's just as good. It's just not as "deep"

Wank Grimes

I don't get why people say Spiderland is deep. I find the lyrics about as deep as a kiddie pool

Loveless is very shallow lyrically, the music itself is musically emotive.

Spiderland is emotive lyrically, but the music itself isn't.

Yank Crime has emotive moments lyrically and musically.

>it wasn't me that phoned, don't let that man inside your home

the instrumental ending of luau (the guitar payoff after the noise solo)

are just 2 off the top of my head that are just as emotive as anything on Loveless or Spiderland

What is up with the cancer on this board? Why are oh comparing this to Kendrick and pulling the whole "this should have a million sales!!" bullshit. People like different music, post-hardcore is a pretty niche genre.

Fake Train by Unwound is the best. Never got the love for Yank Crime, at first I thought Rome Plows was pretty good and then I got the impression that the singer didn't even know what he was talking about and thought it was cool to just scream it over and over again.

they have over 100k listeners on last.fm alone, it's way more popular than you think.

>Spiderland music isn't emotive
Wtf kind of statement is this, do you have any idea what you're talking about? Good Morning Captain is one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard.

So you never got past the first track on the album?

Google what rome plows is then read the lyrics of the song, he knows exactly what he is singing about. Its not some random thing he came up with.

OK I looked it up and the lyrics in total look like shit, can you explain what makes them good as opposed to fragmented and overly melodramatic

Yup

bamp

ALOHA

ALOHA SUIT UP

LUAU

LUAU

LUAU

LUAU

>This is on Kendrick level

Relationship of Command is better.

kendricks level is stank turds so yes

STOP SHILLING THIS ALBUM

LOL WUT

lel

Tee Hee you GOT'M.

But seriously, the Kendrick Lamar album that was supposed to be released on Sunday had illegal samples of Yank Crime.

The band found out about it, and sent an injunction to his label. Thats why he is backtracking now on twitter, and why I referenced his album in my headline.

It was gonna be a sneak peak of whats to come, but all for not.