Is Chronic 2001 the only audiophile approved hip hop album in terms of mastering?

Is Chronic 2001 the only audiophile approved hip hop album in terms of mastering?

Don't think so. Every Eminem album is pretty perfect too. He's the G O A T anyway, so that's probably why.

considering most mastering engineers use it as a reference for hip hop tracks, yes.

For real? Sounds interesting. Got a source?

No because housewife makes my ears bleed

I know Kanye West said that Chronic 2001 (Xxplosive specifically) played a big part inspirtation wise when he was producing tracks for Jay Z in the early 2000s and for College Dropout and Late Registration.

I think in the skit part of Last Call, Kanye mentions sampling the drums from Xxplosive.

calling eminem the goat is like calling coldplay the best alternative band

Great then this is the Aja of hip-hop? Makes sense, worse than the early shit, but way better than anything to come.

Not him but he was a contender in the early 2000s. Audiophiles probably like Em because of Dre doing the production and they also tend to be the kinda white people who "like" hip hop when they only like Em.

aint no one touching Dre in terms of mastering a fucking kick drum

Dr. Dre: 2001 [Interscope, 2000]

It may be a new millenium, but he's still S.L.I.M.E. How Eminem managed to survive all this misogyny conditioning to become the sensitive spouse he is today remains a mystery. The album starts off promisingly with a track about fleeing the crime-infested 'hood for the suburbs. Then for the next hour (with time out for some memorable Eminem tracks), Dre degrades women every way he can think of, all of them involving his dick. Rumor has it that his wife gave him the idea, which if true renders him a liar in more ways than Eminem himself could comprehend. Best friend S. Dogg, bad speller Kurupt, and dat ho Ms. Roq are among the hangers-on who'll take his money (really Eminem's money) when (and if) he writes the check. And just to show he's serious, he closes with a tearjerker about a dead homie. Wotta innovator. C+

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WEREN'T EVEN ALIVE WHEN THE SLIM SHADY LP CAME OUT YOU FUCKING BABY

KILL YOURSELF

Nope.

>GREATEST OF 'ALL TIME'
>Only good in 2000s

hmm

I'm talking around that time period, he would have been a contender. By 2006, no one would bring him up when discussing best rappers.

did you cut off your ears after 1999 or did you listen to his recent albums and still decided to call him goat

Dre laid the foundation for modern hip-hop production with 2001. As mentioned in this thread, Kanye's style grew out of sampling those drums.

On a related note, Jay Z's Blueprint is fantastic, though I'm sure Kanye wasn't behind the mixing/mastering on that piece, despite producing for the album.

I also think Drake often has some great mixing/mastering on his albums. I mean, fuck More Life, but IFYRTITL was great, and I thought Nothing Was The Same did a pretty above average job in this department as well.

I think 40, Ali, Timbaland, and Pharrell tend to come out with music that's always mixed very well. Not that they're mixing and mastering it, but they definitely have some influence in that.

2001 you say?

Speaking of ear rape, Let Me Ride on The Chronic is absolutely fucking unlistenable.

What do you guys mean?

The last rap album I ever bought. Grew out of my rap phase at the right time

its just known because its proven to be timeless mastering that sounds good on any system. you'll find it mentioned countless times in any hip hop reference track discussions and youtube mix/master tutorials

Surely anything well mastered will sound good on any system, both audiophile stereos and shit earbuds?

It's a masterpiece so yes

the feedback noise in housewife