I just started DS9 due to its hyped status and haven't been disappointed...

I just started DS9 due to its hyped status and haven't been disappointed. Is there anything else similar worth checking out? I've heard Voyager and TNG aren't even in the same league...

Babylon 5

Battlestar Galactica (2004). It's what the people behind DS9 went on to do.

>terrible photo of a terrific show

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

DS9 is my favourite Trek series. For me the first three seasons were a bit hit and miss, but it picks up after that. Also the series finale was a bit lacklustre but it wasn't the worst that I've seen.

DS9 & TOS>TNG>ENT>Voyager.

It was the first cast photo that came up in a search. and yes, I agree

so it gets better, right?
so far ive only seen the first season and literally fuck all has happened
>O'Brians wife is on vacation
>Odo is mysterious
>Quarks shit nephew and ciskos son sells soup
>a klingon died

I've liked the first season. The episode with Tosk was pretty cringy though.

i guess the problem was i started it almost immediately after finishing TNG
that will destroy anything

Any episodes not involving Jadzia Dax and the niglet are usually ok with a few exceptions.

Some of the ferengi ones are awful.

Cardassians are always fun.

Bajorans gets tiresome after a while.

The prophets are retarded.

when I was a teenager one of the channels played a 6 hour back to back block of star trek. 2 hours of TNG, 2 hours of DS9, 2 hours of Voyager. I watched 6 hours of Star Trek every single day

>Some of the ferengi ones are awful.
Every episode that involves Moogie, Brunt or the Grand Nagus are trash.
The mirrorverse episodes also suck.

I like Jadzia and Ezri but most Dax-centric episodes are DS9's equivalent of Troi episodes.

>grand nagus is trash and mirror universe episodes are awful
Is it physically painful being this wrong? The Emperor's New Cloak is an amazing episode.

TOS and TNG are very different from DS9 but still great and definitely worth watching, especially TOS.

Only watch VOY or ENT if you've seen everything else and are desperate for more Trek

>Every episode that involves Moogie, Brunt or the Grand Nagus are trash.
>Family Business
>Body Parts
>The Magnificent Ferengi
>The Emperor's New Cloak
would like to have a word with you

Some OTA channel is starting a five-hour Sunday night block with all five shows next week.

Why is a captain of a space station still concerned with the black rights movement past in 2375?

DS9 literally gets better and better and better like this <

DS9

He didn't like unrealistic portrayal of a historical setting in which "his people" were treated as second-class citizens. It was dumb as hell to be honest, but it's saved by him seeing reason and realizing he was being a faggot

The Kor, Kang and Koloth episode was good.

stared watching this like 2 weeks ago already almost finished with season 6 absolutely LOVING it

>The Emperor's New Cloak
Bad episode to be honest.

Mirror Universe bisexuals can BTFO Simon Pegg, but they can't save a bad episode.

If you watch the whole thing, it turns out it is an elaborate ruse designed to distract him from things that actual matter in his present, and he walks away from it.

The out of universe explanation is the writers are faggots. Also, Avery made them reshoot the finale so it would be implied he wasn't leaving for very long, if at all, because he didn't want a black father to abandon his son on a television network in THE CURRENT YEAR, even though he liked the original finale.

>uh no actually it's bad
Compelling

It's entertaining but also completely retarded. She just leaves her post to go on a quest for vengeance and then comes back to work like business as usual.

It seems out-of-character and preposterous

There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who bitch about historical inaccuracies in vidya, teevee and kino with historical settings.

Why should this behavior disappear in the future? The reality is that Sisko is Just Like Us.

Calm down, bae. Let go of your anger. You're thinking of a different episode.

They do that allot. Something serious happens and then the episode just ends.

This is also the Star Trek where things often fail and the bad guys win sometimes.

It had a couple of good bits (stealing the cloak and Mirror Brunt) but it was mostly garbage with moron Garak, hissyfit Worf, character-derailed Kira (she was originally just a narcissist, not horny for anything that moves) and the writers teasing shippers with crack ships.

DS9's first MU episode was great, the second was good, the third was okay, the fourth was bad, and I wish they had learned their lesson instead of making another.

>Is there anything else similar worth checking out?

Babylon 5 was much better as a story. There's a good deal of evidence that the DS9 writers stole it's concept and ran with it.

I still like them both.

>character-derailed Kira
I think you need to go back and rewatch that episode, it's pretty heavily implied she basically has a harem and will fuck anything that moves. Her interactions with Sisko, for example.

Also every Bashir (if they don't involve Garak) centered episode sucks ass.

>The episode with Tosk was pretty cringy though.
As in his interactions with O'Brien? That was kind of the point, Tosk was properly alien and O'Brien struggled to make a connection with him because of it, that's why he was awkwardly carrying all the conversations.

>Armageddon Game
>Hippocratic Oath
>Statistical Probabilities
>Inquisition
>Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
>Extreme Measures
>suck ass
I don't know what show you were watching but it wasn't DS9