POWER RANGERS

Calling it now, it'll be the surprise hit of 2017.

>surprise hit
You mean "urprise shit"

I agree OP. It will be the surpri shit.

Plot twist: they all share the same mother's name

I like the yellow ranger already.

They better close those fucking visors.

They do.

What the fuck is this

why do they have those stupid purple highlights

Why the fuck is Hollywood so bad at design

they all have boobs!

Purple = alien materials. Were you in a coma during the decade Halo was a thing?

>those costusmes

niggas look like dual heroes

post your design

They need to give the asian one a katana and have him fight like Raiden from MGR. Would totally watch that. Also, Pink a qt and Yellow hahe nice tits.

>GUN

>written by Max Landis

>black guy is now the blue ranger
>asian is now the black ranger
>pink ranger is still a woman
she's going to be a lesbian, isn't she

Wasn't the Black Ranger supposed to be the black guy?

More triangles = more better, right?

Meanwhile in Nipponia

Fuck is that don the cheadle?

But that shit is top tier stupid shit for little kids

That cgi is horrendous. They all look like green lantern.

This was my favourite game

i till this day thought I was the only one

The eye piece was stupid but the rest of his costume was amazing

>amazing

>no helmets
>face opens up like alien symbiotes

For fucks sake....

They'renot using his script anymore.

That picture makes it look like the flesh of his neck is a mask worn over the green CGI suit.

I seriously doubt it.
I actually wanted a movie but the more I learn about it the less confident I am that it could be even remotely good.
Rita design, WTF? What the fuck is that poster teaser too? Why sudden change of races for actors? that was uncalled for. Still no footage of the Zords and megazord not confirmed yet (I'm nitpicky here though, it's obviously they'll "discover" it for the climax).

forgot two of the most important complaint
>ugly ass suits
>boob armor

Jesus Christ, they look more like a gritty version of the Beetleborgs.

>Why sudden change of races for actors?

They have had different races for all of the rangers in different seasons. This is a non-complaint.

The designs are less traditional Power Rangers but to be honest, we've seen normal Power Rangers on the big screen and it looks silly. I'm ok with a different take.

this isn't an other season, it's a remake of the 1st.

Gas JDF been confirmed yet?

MARTHA

Oh well? They still have the same mix of races. If this is seriously bothering you then you need to take a step back from the internet.

Finally, a perfect movie.

The Power Rangers were always multicultural.

Plus, it's 2016. They can't have the black guy be the black ranger and the asian be the yellow ranger without triggering people.

He has been hounding them a lot and he recently was seen traveling to where they are filming so he likely has a cameo.

Either way I don't care because he's a pompous asshole who I wish was dead.

Yeah they should gas JDF

If this ushers in a new era of American-made sentai, with Super Sentai adapting American-made series.....yeah I'm for it.

I'm surprised the pink ranger isnt a gay guy and the red ranger isnt a woman.

What bothers me is that as says, they are doing it for the sole purpose of pandering to SJWs even though they are not even going to see this movie.
sociaal justice bullshit needs to stop and the only way to make it stop is to not take it kindly up the ass saying it's a "non issue".

Maybe he'll be the green ranger again.

There's nothing fucking social justice about it. Making the black guy the black ranger and the asian woman the yellow ranger clearly has racist tons and is something they should have realized in the first place.

Hes literally the only cast member from any power ranger series to show it respect, whats your deal with him?

76 Euro, in 1998. Holy shit

Except he's not. He's the only cast member who charges out the ass for autographs, talks shit about the other cast members, and is generally disliked by any fans who have met him, myself included.

>Making the black guy the black ranger and the asian woman the yellow ranger clearly has racist tons
For you
Sounds more like you are insecure, you're trying so hard not to be racist that you became the only one actually racist.

Agh, these are so overdesigned. Part of the reason why the Power Rangers actually look cool is because their outfits are always simple shapes, colours and patterns

Dude if they were pandering the pink ranger would be a gay guy and the red ranger would be a strong womyn, stop making issues out of fucking nothing

>a colour is now racist

wew lad

Hell even the original show changed the black and yellow rangers around for season 2 or 3. So the original show acknowledged it was a problem and fixed it, so this is not a 2016 issue.

Everythings racist now.

I am mad that the Yellow Ranger is a spic now instead of Asian though.

In a context it can be. Start calling all asians you meet "yellow" and see how they react. I mean it's just a color.

N64 games were the most expansive in europe back then.

>if it's not as bad as ghosbusters then it's not bad at all
you're just a huge fucking cuck
FACT is they swapped black blue and yellow rangers races around because they are afraid of a vocal minority's backlash.

Reminds you of something?
Special treatement because of race?
THIS is racist.

Not the user you're replying too but while I have no problem with the asian and black being respectively the yellow and black ranger. I can understand why they would change it to espace some pointless controversy about the film being somewhat racist.

All in all, it's not that big a deal to have changed the colour of the rangers, is it ? I don't think that's what will make or break this film, personally.

It looks like they dropped glitter in the paint for their suits.

He has some really retarded tattoos but why is he an asshole?

He talks bad about the other cast members, he's stand-offish to fans, and he charges insane amounts for autographs when many of the others will do it for free.

His ego got the best of him and now he thinks he IS Power Rangers.

>All in all, it's not that big a deal to have changed the colour of the rangers, is it ?
It is. It's not like I'm the only one complaining about it. The fact we are even talking about it shows it was a pointless change. And the fact it was done the please a non-audience adds insult to the injury.

The fact that two or three of you are shitposting about it on a mongolian basket weaving forum doesn't mean shit. It's a non-issue.

This image makes me remember the story of when the director and producer of the first movie had no idea what Power Rangers was and they started doing shoots where the rangers had no visors or mouth pieces. It looks like shit on camera and finally a Fox executive had to step in and explain to them that the whole appeal of the show is the suits and the suits hide the stunt actors so the actors don't have to do the stunts. The cast were miserable because it was hot as balls and the suits were heavy as fuck. They finally hired stunt professionals and put the face pieces back.

I didn't realize there were people that would ask any of them for autographs.

Complaints are up on imdb too you reddit faglord.

WOW
I swear to god, I had absolutely no idea it could look even worse, but they did it.

So reddit is bad but IMDB posts are genuine criticism now?

Does the truth triggers you that much?

Where's the glitter?

It's pretty common at conventions. JDF wanted $50 for one autograph and wouldn't say much more than Hi. Walter Jones signed three things for me for free and we talked for like 15 minutes.

I see it not as a way to pander to SJW but to shield themselves from their stupidity. They don't want to loose any potential audience by being labeled as a racist film.
I've never been a big fan of Power Rangers so I might be talking out of my ass but the colour of their suit doesn't define their characters (except for Red maybe), does it ?

No, the colors mean nothing. So yes, it's a minuscule change that doesn't effect the movie just to easily avoid any potential criticism.

What's wrong with the black guy being the black ranger? Is there something wrong with being black?

People still care about Power Rangers? Holy fuck.
Super Sentai is better. Power Rangers needs to die

If sentai is better than how come it's stealing from Power Rangers?

I can't wait to watch it 3 months after it releases on torrent and complain about the plot holes and realism

And you notice how bad Go-Busters did right?

Because it was the best Sentai ever and Japan has shit taste.

People who have never even watched the show still remember the Black and Yellow ranger thing. It's sort of ingrained in the shows history. The last thing they want are people making a fuss about it again 20+ years later. The people who are bringing it up as a con did watch it or remember the show vividly either. Most of them probably think Power Rangers went off air years ago. You'd be surprised how oblivious normalfags are about Power Rangers.

They also got rid of Jason, who must've been half-native American or something to be fired as the red ranger.

It was because of contracts not being renewed, they weren't fired for being black and yellow.

>shield themselves from their stupidity
granted but
>They don't want to loose any potential audience by being labeled as a racist film
they have more chance to lose their audience by making irrational changes like these
>the colour of their suit doesn't define their characters (except for Red maybe)
yeah red is leader and that's it, but what's important that there is a change (and not only this one). It's not like it was just a new season, they're rebooting using the 1st season, you have to respect how things were set. Alienating your core audience will only result in box office loss, and this movie actually has quite a big budget despite the small audience. It also sets the tone. If they're being anti-racism racists now, what's next? Also how does it impact the screenplay. See ghosbusters, it's SJ : the movie and it's a mess of unfunny and offensive.

avoid the criticism of non-fans to get criticism from actual fan is a very dumb move. Mark my words, it will bomb.

WE WUZ RANGERS AND SHIET

>asians

asians dont care, we're already racist AF

being offended over the smallest things is a western disease

>criticism from actual fan is a very dumb move.

Most actual fans don't give a shit.

>best sentai ever

Said no one ever. It wasn't the worst but it wasn't awesome either.

says (you).

And you say otherwise. So we'll just wait and see how it does.

Toei actually thought Go-buster would be adapted...they were wrong.
Go-busters was good I just don't think kids were feeling it after Gokaiger was a high energy no frills straight to the action series.
You went from a show with collectables to one with no collectables at all.

>that pic
God damn they don't even look alike. How can you make that mistake? Even if you haven't watched the show in years like how?

Not Western, American.

Kids didn't feel Go-busters cause it dragged on for the first like 15 eps.

>it dragged on for the first like 15 eps.
Every Kamen Rider series drags ass in the first 15 and still get good ratings (save for Wizard). Then again Kamen Rider does have a bigger crossover audience.

Why so often they try to have a realistic look? It only make it worse in an uncanny-valley way.

Nah most Kamen Rider shows (recently) tend to either introduce new forms or new characters in the first 15 eps keeping shit fresh.

Why does America hate bright and colorful?

We're a cynical people. Bright and optimist is disgusting and for the gays but even the gays hate optimism.

they look like Iron Man prototypes

>People who have never even watched the show still remember the Black and Yellow ranger thing.
Ironically Zack was originally supposed to be the Blue Ranger, but Walter E. Jones wanted his character to wear the black suit and Thuy Thang was brought in as a last minute replacement for the Hispanic actress who played Trini in the pilot. The fact that the Black and Yellow Rangers ended up being African-American and Asian respectively was purely coincidental.

Look at those tits.