Ask a projectionist anything

Like the subject says

It's not even film any more is it, you can't do fun things like spool the film into one projector and then feed it through a series of tunnels into another projector to show the same movie two times at once.

>2016
>projectionist

Literally just press play you fucking minimum wage cockroach. Go get my popcorn and large coke.

why dont you get a real job

How did you land the job? Not trying to be a faggot but was it broken dreams?

What does a projectionist do in the digital age?

>press play
>goes to the bathroom to clean up vomit for 7.25/hr

Have you ever jeked off while working? I know I would

>projecting this hard

Makes sure nobody steals the usb sticks the movies are on.

How big is your cock?

Do you have experience projecting 35mm film? 16mm? Digital?

What is the biggest fuckup you've ever been responsible for?

Have you ever dealt with patrons complaining because of screwups or do they usually not notice?

tfw pencil dick

Have you ever cut out individual frames to fap?

See, these are the stories I want to hear.
Like accidentally loading the film the wrong way and projecting a movie that is half a backwords movie, half a corrupted video from projecting the audio track.

>having a job
Who do you want to fool OP...

Yeah it's not, it usually comes on HDDs, in some more developed countries over fiber.
I actually visited a theater with those tunnels you described during my training, wish I had this job during the analog age, it seemed a lot more interesting

I actually signed to be pic related, but during the interview a said I was kinda a Sup Forums guy so they offered me to be a projectionist

like many faggots said in this thread I thought it would be just pressing play all day, but there's more to it.
Ma main job is the maintenance of projectors, and making the plylists, in the playlists you arrange commercials trailers, and movie in the order you are given by the company.
You also program all the automation in the playlist, like when the lights need to go to 50%, when to shut down completely, when the doors should close or open, when the lights should turn on during the credits and stuff like that.
So if I miss anything like that, you will watch the movie with the lights on or shit like that

I unfortunately don't have any experience with 35mm, am a projectionist for about a month, and my theater opened like a week ago, we currently have problems with the lights, doors and once the movie had background narration for deaf people.

Is it true that you can see everyone fucking from the place you stay?

My IMAX played a 1080 file.
What the fuck?

Ever considered recording the movies you play and distributing them?

Do you get advance copies or some shit of that kind? Like, does your boss let you watch a movie for free?

Do you ever have time to watch the movies or is it a full time job?

kek, for which movie? How did you even figure out the resolution?

Not OP, but can answer that, the HDD's are locked and you can't unlock them unless you have a key (that expires in time).

I only can't see the back rows, because they are bellow my window.

No, because CAM is cancer.

You can get the actual movie several days earlier, but you usually get the keys only a day earlier, I can elaborate on the keys part if you are interested.

Sometimes you have to do a test projection if someone suspects there might be something wrong with the movie, I also have the 4dx system in my theater, so you usually have to watch the entire movie to see if the effects are OK.

yeah I also thought the movies in theater are much higher resolution, but they are actually usually 2048 × 858

So..... Did you see someone fucking or getting a bj?

No, it's currently fucking IceAgefest in my theater.

No funny stories then?

Not OP but I used to be a film projectionist at a shitty dollar theater. I had only been doing it for a few weeks but heres my worst mess. Djanjo Unchained was playing and towards the end when Django convinces the Australian dudes to let him go, I went upstairs to get something and the film had gotten caught on something from my own error and was just all over the fucking floor, tangled in a big mess. So I stopped the movie and ran downstairs. Luckily it was a day time showing so only a few people were watching. I refunded their $1.50 and ran back upstairs to fix my mess. Didnt really know what to do because i didnt have much expirence and didnt want to call my manager because it was their day off plus I felt like an idiot for fucking up. I ended up having to cut out a foot or two of frames and splice it back together the best I could which took me like 30 minutes and had to have the movie finish. The next showing ended up selling out which rarely happened so a bunch of people were in the lobby and some were in the theater watching the end of the movie just to watch it again later.

I cut out a few frames of Leslie Manns tits from This Is 40

Do you guys win some promo stuff like posters, shirts, etc?

Didn't see your post, yeah you are right, but there's even more to it, the movies also need to be unlocked for every projector individually, every projector gets a separate key. So sometimes you can get only keys for like 2 projectors out of let's say 5.
This also means even I the projectionist, I'm not able to see the movies on a pc or anything else besides a projector.
There is a pc program for playing DCPs but you would again need a separate key so you could watch it on that program.

We have shit load of that shit, I probably could get any poster I want, but I'm not really a poster guy.

wow big man over here

how do I become one?

As you can see in my post above, I got in by pure luck, so I can't really give you an advice, sorry.

>implying things

Do you see yourself doing that in 10 years?

>So if I miss anything like that, you will watch the movie with the lights on or shit like that

wow jobs sound hard, I think I'll stay a neet

You people still exist?

Do projectionists still have a union like back in the old days? Or did digital kill organisation of this type?

I don't know, currently they are praising me to be the best of the bunch and shit, so maybe.

I never said it was hard, just it isn't as automated as I thought it would be.

no union or anything like that, but I'm from a second world country, so I doubt that was ever a thing in my country.

Does people forging on thier cinima anvils ever get annoying?

this is why I refuse to ever get a job or go outside. Too much pressure

what a fancy job title you've given yourself

that isn't automated yet?

HOW COMPLETELY EMPTY HAVE YOUR GHOSTBUSTERS SCREENS BEEN

Not OP, but I was hanging out in the p. room with the projectionist who used film spools for the movie but the trailers were digital on discs (this was at a uni theater). It was a Winnie the Pooh showing and he accodentally put in a disc with a bunch of horror movie stuff. We aren't really paying attention, just doing homework. There's a bang on the door, we open to a dad holding the hand of a little boy dressed in a Pooh Bear onesie with a hood and all. He screams, "What the fuck are you showing these kids! Turn that shit off, now!"

The tits were fake, sorry

Cool. Currently I'm working in a flexibe time schedule from home, wonder if I could do night shifts as projector.

Do you ever just enjoy watching the movie?

My title is operator

Mate that is a great job.
No physical work and you get to see movies for free.

Have you ever fallen asleep at you job? How much do you get paid.

Physical work is indeed low but not nonexistent, I have to dedust the filters of the projectors and shit like that, also when something breaks on 4dx system it can be a tricky job.

Saying how much I get paid will mean nothing to you since the standards in our countries are vastly different.

What a faggot

So like a dollar a day then? How do you know he isn't in the same country as you?

how much do you make and how much costs a Big Mac