ITT: Albums that would be Sup Forumscore if they weren't as popular

ITT: Albums that would be Sup Forumscore if they weren't as popular

Popularity isn't a factor in Sup Forumscore. Loveless, OKC, Kid A, and ITAOTS are among the most popular albums ever released.

>mentioned alot on Sup Forums != most popular ever
most people I know have no idea those albums exist, furthermore, what he's saying is that people on Sup Forums are just a bunch of contrarian hipsters who hate anything that is actually popular

>where Pink Floyd went wrong

That's like Pink Floyd's 5th best album.

literally everyone who digs a bit more than usual to find music knows those 4 albums
just because some people you know who don't care about music don't know these albums it doesn't mean they're not very popular

they went wrong on the See Emily Play 45 i think

They fell for progressive rock meme

they went wrong by umma gumma

piper and saucerful are the greatest achievements in psychedelic music

Thats not true tho, if you only like those albums you are considered a Sup Forums-drone

You realize most people are people who dont care about music, and just listen to whatevers on the radio.

OKC and Kid A, yes. Loveless and ITAOTS, no. The two pairs aren't even close.

that's not what I'm saying though. those albums are incredibly popular among music enthusiasts, not just on Sup Forums.

This is one of the definitive albums of sub-Sup Forums-core

music enthusiasts != the majority of the population that listens to music

>that's not what I'm saying though

> Loveless, OKC, Kid A, and ITAOTS are among the most popular albums ever released.
you are implying that because it is popular with music enthusiasts, that they are among the most popular of all time, when you fail to realize that the majority of peoples understanding and listening of music begins and ends in the top 40 of the 10 year period of time from when they are 15-25

I'm not that guy. I'm just saying is wrong for thinking these albums are only popular on Sup Forums

The whole Pink Floyd discography is Sup Forumscore though

I didnt listen to a single one of those albums until coming onto mu.

this so much

This as well

I love this album, only song I don't really like from it is Screenager. Shame the only other album I like from them is Absolution which is nowhere near as consistant

I know a lot of Sup Forums likes this but still

These

Admit it, scruffydrones.

Pet Sounds is, has, and always will be better.

>Pet Sounds...has...better
what did he mean by this?

Every Beach Boys album beats every Beatles album released in the same year. The Beatles unironically sound like bland pop shit, then bland fake psychedlic shit, then bland faux experimental shit, then bland pop shit again.

Any ELO t bh

Man, i never had so much fun listening to a popy album as much as i had when i listened discovery
Eldorado was amazing too

My favorites are A New World Record and Time, but Out of the Blue is up there. Seeing them live last year was fucking amazing, so close to the studio versions and their quality with so much more life to it

Last year tehy came to my coutry but didnt go cause i kept hearing it wasnt the original group or something idk and had a lot of other stuff to go, maybe i fucked up havent seen the footage but hope they come again soon, but i doubt theyl come

It isn't the entire original group, but is has the original frontman Jeff Lynne and the original pianist / keyboard player. Even had opera singers and a live orchestra.

they are among the most popular albums ever released because most people who listen to albums... do i need to go on? you aren't really arguing anything, just don't want to appear wrong. kys for being a fag (yes, i know that line destroyed every chace for you to admit that you're a fag)

ez

OKC and Kid A maybe, but Radiohead are more the exception to the rule. Loveless and ITAOTS have not sold that well. In relation, OP's album has sold 45 million copies. Even OKC has only sold a tenth of that.

They started getting it right by Meddle, DSOTM and Wish You Were Here were perfect, then it all went down the shitter with Animals. Excluding Comfortably Numb the second half of The Wall is unlistenable.

>implying their entire discography isn't amazing. If anything they went wrong with the wall and after the wall. Everything else they had made up to that point is goat.

lol, no

Any Rush album (debut-Hold Your Fire), my dude.

>second half of the wall is unlistenable
But user that's the best part.

98% of americans couldn't name a single one of those albums.

Agreed. Hemispheres is mucore though 9or becoming mucore slowly).

Also Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are criminally underrated.