Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is trash, save DNA and PRIDE?

now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is trash, save DNA and PRIDE?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/kendrick-lamar-star-hip-hop-has-waiting-damn-review/
cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/04/all_hail_kendrick_lamar_the_be.html
theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/14/kendrick-lamar-damn-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you got dubs so you must be right

No, because YAH, FEEL, ELEMENT, XXX, FEAR, and DUCKWORTH exist

Great tracks: DNA, Yah, Feel, Pride, XXX, Lust, Duckworth

In my opinion

Throw Fear in there too

Loyalty is wavy as fuck

If it wasn't obvious already, everyone has a different opinion of it, everyone seems to like different songs. I really can't understand some opinions though.

Duckworth and Yah are best, Fear, Feel, XXX, DNA are good, Element, Pride, Lust are alright, God, Loyalty, Humble, Love are bad imo

He went full
WE WUZ

So it's just like his other albums?

>track with U2
>great
physically impossible

No you fucking drone, that's your opinion, not everyone feels the same

I was bored by about track 4 or 5.
I was just waiting for the album to end.
Maybe 2 decent standout tracks, the rest is just painfully average.

I listened to Talib Kweli & Styles P - The Seven immediately afterwards and it was so so so much better (even though a lot of the lyrics are about how hard done by blacks are and how whites keep them down).

/good tier/
FEEL.
DNA.
YAH.

/meh tier/
ELEMENT.
DUCKWORTH.
PRIDE.
HUMBLE.

/shit tier/
LOYALTY.
LUST.
XXX.
FEAR.

/undeniable absolute trash tier/
LOVE.
GOD.

Humble smacks

I love the album but humble sticks out a lot for me because i listened to it so many times before the other tracks came out

Meh.

6.5/10

Not terrible

Still his worst project.

>I'm an Israelite, don't call me "black" no more.
Dropped

>t. Sup Forums

>tfw LOVE. and GOD. are my favourite tracks

this

I thought that'd be the case but their part isn't exactly bad.

Also they don't come in until like 3 minutes or something

Please listen to the album before posting

More like the opposite. It has just a cuple of bad songs (DNA, Humble) but it's a great record and you know it, you're just being contrarian

I'm lovin it but nigga you retarded

Why?

Does Rihanna shit on her feature? I can't listen yet.

Nah Bono and Edge are at the very beginning and Edge plays keys in the first half and then the full band joins in the second part

LAUGHIN TO THE BANK LIKE
AAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I unironically like this verse

and I think the whole album is a strong 9

FEEL is literally the best track

NO. DNA IS. TRASH.

HUMBLE is one of the best songs to chart as high as it did in a while

bc DNA is probably the best on the album

>strong 9
agreed

He said to Sup Forums, the board that's as infamously as full of drones as Sup Forums

DNA is only loved because it's "le official Sup Forums opinion

This

decent 6
the big man will give it a light to decent 8

Are you kiddin me lil nigga? It goes so fuckin hard. I was on the DAMN thread last night at midnight and everyone thought it was great

I like DNA because it's a banger
ebin official Sup Forums opinion should be that it's bad because WE WUZ KANGZ

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing when it comes to this album? I like LUST and FEAR (though FEAR is a little boring), but everything else on it, in my eyes at least, ranges from mediocre to completely unlistenable. DUCKWORTH, the one track that everybody says is the best on the album, seems pretty average and uninspired to me, though I will say it's """fun""". On the other hand, DNA is fucking awful. It actually hurts to listen to. Why would anybody subject themselves to that garbage? And people have the audacity to say it's one of the better tracks? I have to be missing something.

Blacklivesmatter

screencap this

He'll give a strong 9... I BET MY LIFE

Like you'd listen to something made by a black person in the first place

telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/kendrick-lamar-star-hip-hop-has-waiting-damn-review/
> (Rihanna works her magic with Lamar on the light groove of LOYALTY) and pepper it all with the kind of philosophical and playful non-sequiturs that make rap so eminently quotable (“I can’t fake humble just cause your ass is insecure”).
5/5

cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/04/all_hail_kendrick_lamar_the_be.html
>"Just say his name and I promise that you'll see Candyman." Words so searing you almost feel sorry for the person they're directed at (again, probably Big Sean).
A rating

theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/14/kendrick-lamar-damn-review
5/5

lmfao what the fuck is in the water, this album is shit, these reviewers paid off or somethin? this shit is hip-hop for people who don't listen to hip-hop

Yeah they definitely were early in the song too

Because Duckworth has a great beat, and the voices compliment the track, all parts interact which makes it more than the sum of its parts. Same with Yah. Other tracks are missing that organic, intricate design.

>Duckworth and Yah are best, Fear, Feel, XXX, DNA are good, Element, Pride, Lust are alright, God, Loyalty, Humble, Love are bad imo

I'm glad people are actually in agreement with me for the most part about which tracks are best / worst. Some girl I know thinks loyalty and god are the best tracks and I just can't deal with this level of pleb taste

I quite liked the album but I'm honestly disappointed with the whole forced crackpot black israelite horseshit.

AOTY's?

>XXX and LUST shit tier
>DUCKWORTH meh tier

did you listen to them or...?
I agree that Love, God, and Loyalty are shit though

she does well

Forgot to add: mine's Visible Cloaks - Reassemblage

Haven't really sat down and thought about my favorite releases of this year so far but I've enjoyed:
Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me
Xiu Xiu - Forget
Jonwayne - Rap Album Two

I'm trying to come up with more off the top of my head but I'm honestly not coming up with much. Also really anticipating the new Mountain Goats record

Thanks for sharing