Is shower addiction a thing? any reason why? im becoming increasingly obsessed with showering

is shower addiction a thing? any reason why? im becoming increasingly obsessed with showering.

about a month ago it just started with me spending all day waiting for my shower, and the afterwards immediately wanting to shower again. bey entire day was starting to be based around when i shower.

then today i finally caved and showered twice. now i want a third oen.

never been like this before. always liked showering but one was more than enough unless i was legitimately dirty.

any reason why i might be doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalhealthy.co.uk/news/526-take-long-hot-baths-or-showers-you-may-be-lonely.html
healcure.org/chin/chin-acne/chin-acne-causes-painful-hormonal-around-under-chin-treatments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Developing some ocd?

Showering can be used for coping with anxiety/stress

I like it too. At 3 showers a day currently, 20 minutes per shower. Its mainly about the warmth for me

i feel warmth is a key component but even on hot days its not an issue. i live in la and while there has been rain even on days where i need a fan i get the craving to shower. i dont think this is good for me.

nice trips. not a bad post either but it seems so weird to come out now. im not particularly stressed, no more so than any other time in my life, and certainly a lot less than other times.

maybe? that'd be weird. it just feels uncomfortable knowing the showers there and im not in it.

Could be your mechanism just coping with stress. It's fine and harmless unless you shower very hot and use soap every time you shower, you might damage your skin/hair.

i shower VERY hot but only soap up once, except for my face, i wash it to be safe, but moisturize afterwards.

its not that weird, especially if your not paying your own waterbill. I love laying down in the bottom of my shower and letting the steam fill the bathroom. so comfy. and the sound is perfect. just dont overdo it. its a wasteful habit, which is probably why you feel a little guilty about it. Ive decided when I build my next house I'm going to build a sauna room into my bathroom, just a small one so i can get the same comfort but without wasting tons of gallons of water

Try some (in-shower) body lotion to prevent your skin becoming irritated/dry/itchy if this goes on.

There is an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer spent the entire ep in the shower

For some reason i feel the same way about showers

Lmao yeah he was making meals in there.

>wasteful
>thats why you feel guilty

not really, even though were in socal i never gave a fuck. my real issue is just that people say its not healthy, especially for your hair and i dont need to go bald.

im just really concerned cuz people say showering more than once a day isn't good and the fact that iw ant 3 a day and they're already 30 minute showers isn't great.

im also craving to go to the spa for some reason.

this will at least help. maybe a shower cap for my hair too as gay as it will look.

how many times a day do you shower? im getting concerned.

mentalhealthy.co.uk/news/526-take-long-hot-baths-or-showers-you-may-be-lonely.html

As long as it doesn't make you gay, you'll probably be ok. If you find yourself fingering your butthole in the shower, you probably want to go get some counseling.

Shower as much as you want user, no one cares, just make sure you don't start getting dry skin

You should be washing your face less than anything you dumb shit.
Your skins on your face is more sensitive than the rest of your body, you need to leave it alone to stew in its natural oils.
And no amount of "moisturizer" will work. It's a fucking scam. Your body knows how to take care of itself, soap is not a good thing. It's bad for your hair and skin.

i was gay long before this fascination with the shower started brother.

i already have pretty dry skin from one a day, doctor recommended using cetaphil afterwards because i was getting weird bumps.

i dont care waht others think, im just concerned becuase people say its not good for you.

but idk how 'not good' it is.

well this sucks. i dont feel anymore lonely than usual, by which i mean im not really a lonely person. im having fewer flings than usual but i legit just had a weekend long fling with a netherlandian lover.

Experts agree daily showers are bad for your skin and hair, unless you've got a job where you get dirty, you should probably be skipping showers. Not taking extras.

>you should be washing your face les than anything you dumb shit

i know my own face you dumb shit, i often wash twice a day regardless of if i even shower because otherwise i get pimples.

>and no amount of ''moisturizer'' will work.

that is scientifically and factually wrong. moisturizer moisturizes. trust me if i didnt have moisturizer my chin would be a cracked out mess, ive seen what happens when i dont moisturize it and its uncomfortable, especially since taking accutane.

well yeah thats why im tryna get to the root of it. in an ideal world id shower once every two days, my natural smell is nice too.

I spend a few hours in the shower a couple times a week. I'm both extremely lonely and have onset schizophrenia.

>i know my own face you dumb shit, i often wash twice a day regardless of if i even shower because otherwise i get pimples.
Wrong. Pimples are caused by having a bare unprotected face that gets dirty.
Your natural oils keep dirt and bacteria out of your pores.
You clearly don't know your own face

>that is scientifically and factually wrong. moisturizer moisturizes. trust me if i didn't have moisturizer my chin would be a cracked out mess, ive seen what happens when i dont moisturize it and its uncomfortable, especially since taking accutane.
If you didn't wash away your oils all the time your skins wouldn't dry out. Moisturizer does not penetrate the skin, it sits on top, just like your oils do.
Only difference in moisturizer wears away easier and that's why you're chronically needing it.
If you would just leave it alone for a week you'd be amazed.
Unless you're a nigger, niggers by default are dry and disgusting and are stuck in a never ending painful moisturizing loop.

>doesn't even science

this was me before and after skin care.

notice how after i started washing AND moisturizing i stopped having acne.

MAGICAL.

this articles freaking me out because I've recently become obsessed with tea and coacoa.

am i lonely and just deluding myself?

You can clearly see you still have severe chin acne, that's a genetic over reaction is contaminants.

This. There's a reason why most women struggle with having a clear complexion. Lathering your face in chemicals every day is horrible for your skin.

Also lighting angles and proximity are playing a huge role in the appearance of it all.
Why are you pretending to yourself?

you smoke a lotta weed?

excess thc causes shower craving

>you can clearly see you still have severe chin acne

no i dont. i get the ocassional pimple but thats only if i dont wash when my face feels gross.

face wash clears away the bad stuff. moisturizer keeps it from dying out.

argue all you want, but i dont have pimples anymore.

i dont smoke weed at all. drink ocassionally but havent had anything but a beer since the new year.

Or perhaps you're just getting over puberty?

Figured you already had some mental issues, this shower faggotry is just another extension of your deviance. At least you won't get the AIDS from showering.

nope, again, if i dont wash it comes back.

how are those severe in any way, especially when compared to the first pic?

claim whatever you like, i know my face and you claiming thati have severe acne when i no longer have any acne doesn't change anythign

all thats left are pesky scars.

>Very fuzzy photo in defused natural daylight with a poorly adjusted iso
I can't say for certain what are pimples and what are scars here.

literally no pimples, but whatever makes you feel smarter.

>Feel smarter
Dude I'm literally 10+ years older than you.
You can't possibly understand now, but once you're older you'll know just how fucking stupid teenagers are.

You probably think you're worlds smarter than elementary schoolers, but honestly that knowledge gap doesn't even compare to the gap between adults and teenagers.
Hopefully you'll remember this in 10 years and realize how fucking retarded you were.

8/10
would fuck

Full video?

>dude im literally 10+ years older than you
>you can't possibly understand moisturizer now, but once you're older you'll know jsut how stupid 24 year olds are for trying a product and getting the desired results

TL;DR whatever makes you feel smarter. what you say doesn't change the facts.

>no facewash/moisturizer = horrible acne
>facewash/moisturizer = pretty face

im sorry but your insistence that reality is wrong isn't changing what actually happened.

im sure you tihnk you're worlds smarter just because you are older, but you don't even realize that people have different issues with skin than you. one day when you're older you will understand that just because you're older, it doesn't mean you're right.

hopefully you'll remember this when you're sober and realize how fucking retarded you are.

all for you baby cakes.

i just take one really long shower every day when i wake up, like 30 to 45 mins
listen to music and lay down like its a bath, real nice
also helps me feel less like shit all day

im at the point where i take half hour in the morning, another half hour in the afternoon and i want to take another one before bed.

i fantasize of going to the bath house all day.

you get acne because you dont wash your face, hands. and sleeping linens properly. acne doesnt happen automatically. its a hygiene problem.

@ adult arguing with child

children think they know everything. stop arguing with people that you assume are kids.

user thats not what the bathhouse is

I didn't come into this discussion predisposed to put you down for your age. Me explaining your ignorance as a kid has nothing to do with the reality.
You sound like you disagree with adults a lot. Must be tough being an edgy little kid.

I went to a Korean Spa for the first time this weekend. If you like the shower you’d love the spa, Steam room, sauna, whirlpool, hot tub, cold tub, sun room, pool, salt room, charcoal room, Igloo room, jade room, clay room (my favorite) bunch of other rooms I didn’t even try. $25 and you can stay there as long as you like (24 hrs.). They have a restaurant and even a sleeping room so you can take a nap and then start all over again. I took a shower between every “activity”, no soap but I still probably took a dozen showers. Only downside: you get to share this experience with dozens of other naked dudes (mostly asian). It’s a little weird at first, but after a minute you don’t care anymore.

I think it’s totally normal to enjoy showers and most cultures have some sort of spa/ bathhouse / hottub / communal hydro therapy aspect to them.

wtf do you do in the shower for 20 minutes?

i did wash my face, but iwth things that werent great.

>acne doesn't happen automatically

that is where yuo are wrong. there are many many many many deviations from what you think is normal simply because you havent had to deal with it.

some people have horrible genetics or other disorders. chin stuff tends to be a hormonal issue, i would only get acne on my chin but nowhere else, because of hormone issues.

ive been many time stheres plenty of hot running water

dude, its chin acne, its hormonal, fucking google it. not everything is as simple as you think it is. you think people with extreme acne are walking around for no fucking reason?

seriously, google it. you dont think its weird that its isolated to JUST my chin? different parts of the body mean different things.

here, a narticle proving you wrong.

but you're probably older than the person who wrotei t so he must be wrong too :^)

healcure.org/chin/chin-acne/chin-acne-causes-painful-hormonal-around-under-chin-treatments/