Taking over this topic

Taking over this topic.
Fresh non-bait music and music theory thread. Come in, share compositional ideas, ask questions to anons who are musicians amateur and pro alike, answer questions, and most importantly, spread the wealth with some tits.

Come in and stay for a while.

Music Theory and boobs thread V2

long time guitarist here, just started learning piano - anyone have some tips / hidden gem websites for learning swiftly? I can already read music and have a light grasp on theory

Scales, arpeggios, and scale patterns are rhe best way to become proficient my dude.
There's plenty of books that go through all of this within less than 50 pages, and after that piano is going to be a ton easier.
During and after that, you should learn to translate the chords from guitar to piano, as simple as just knowing what notes are in each chord.

Enjoy some sweet nigger ass user. Happy Birthday!

I'm a piano teacher. The only way to make sure you're learning everything correctly is to have someone there in real time. A lesson once a week or once every two weeks is more helpful in the long run than a method book.

cool, cool. I've already been drilling major scales with both hands in unison and have become pretty comfortable.

Arpeggios, I haven't done much beyond the key of C, lol.

I am working on the moonlight sonata though. My approach to guitar was to just start learning songs. I thought I'd try the same with Piano. ...know any great songs that flex many techniques?

Really, almost all "little concertos" help flex skills. You can look into a class piano book if private lessons aren't affordable, which they tend to be up there for classical piano. The class piano book should have progressively more difficult charts as you hone your skills, but the aforementioned elements of scales and such are going to be your best friend in playing the songs with ease. Just be sure to pay attention to correct fingering, it makes a world of difference.

cool man, I appreciate it.