Guitar thread. Show me your guitar

Guitar thread. Show me your guitar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2WgXr3OIs&list=RDZeT6_TZE5MY&index=2
soundcloud.com/tempered_temper/the-abyss
youtube.com/watch?v=Et6otmzUg5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is a beautiful jaguar, I have a strat with the same body and pickguard.

Nice choice, sunburst with tortoise looks good on everything.

Bumping. Where's my guitar bros at.

MIM Standard Strat and an Ibanez S420

My cheapo LP100

Also have a lawsuit era SG copy in the shed being refurbished.

Nice. My first guitar was an Ibanez, the neck felt great.

I've got a Squier VM Bass VI, same colors as your Jag.

Do you use the trem at all? I noticed no floating bridge.

I'm on a roll

Was my second guitar after my lawsuit era SG copy, felt great with a thin neck and 9 gauge strings, no pain what so ever..

Yeah a little. It's not really something that interests me so I usually keep it off but it is nice to have.

Did you guys learn on acoustic/classic guitar first?

My squier telecaster i was cleaning the pickguard

I learned electric first, honestly both has their pros and cons. Learning acoustic is more "traditional" but its harder and less rewarding. Starting oh electric is easier on your fingers and lets you get more sound.

Acoustic, but if you're looking at playing learn on what interest you most, that way you will stay interested longer.

If you wanna play metal or something eventually learn electric as it will interest you more.

If you wanna play classical or spanish learn acoustic, as that will interest you more.

>a Jaguar
>humbuckers

This. Actually wanting to play is very important while starting off as most quit early on due to finger pain or loss of interest.

For being a "cheapo" the thing has really proved it's worth at least for me. Haven't had any problems with it on stage or at practice

Epiphones are amazing for the price, I only call them cheapos cause they're cheap in price, in build quality they feel much more expenisve.

It has coil blending so while I can't get true single coil sound I can get lots of different sounds from one guitar. If I had more money to blow I definitely would have went with a Johnny Marr jag.

My dad, brother and I all play so we have a lot of guits....

That's a nice V, what model?

>I definitely would have went with a Johnny Marr jag.
I'm on a similar situation. My family told me to pick a new guitar because of reasons (I really earned/deserved it) and I got a Modern Player Jazzmaster (with humbuckers)... now I think a lot that I should've gone with the J Mascis Jazzmaster :/

its a dinky little first act guitar i picked up for $5 at a tag sale, debating whether or not i should throw nicer hardware on it and give it a fret leveling and make it a little travel guitar

Learn to love it man. It's always hard finding the perfect guitar but by just playing you learn to appreciate it a lot more.

Took some advice from Sup Forums. Is this a good rig for first time buyer? Right now I'm only using an amo for pracitce

Forgot pic

Nothing special here

The orange combo will make a great practice amp, they have great disortion too for a nice crunchy rock sound. You could even gig with it if the venue is miced

The squire strat. is also a great choice, you can make it sound decent with pretty much any music apart from your down tuned metal.

For a beginer learning your first chords and scales its great,

What music are you wanting to play eventually?

I'd say so. I hear good things about the classic vine squiers. Personally I would go try these out at a music store rather than ordering online but that's just me.

Classic vibe*

Too lazy to go take pics I play a 2012 les paul studio through an old marshall g100rcd. Sometimes use a joyo ultimate overdrive with it which is pretty much an OCD clone if I remember correctly.

Buy the amp used

yeah I already love it, I just need a new amp and I'll be complete!
(I'm playing with an Ibanez GTA10 that came with my first guitar lol)

I used to be good at guitar hero till it turned to shit

I wanna go to the music store, but the only one near me a local store owned and ran by a guy who I hear get's up in your business. I'm also autistic and will get myself fucked somehow. Are you expected to play something or can you just walk in and buy?

you can go in and tell them your budget and most places will be more than happy to help you find what you need or you can go in and just buy the shit and leave.

Dude fuck them just go in and tell them what you're looking for and they should be able to help. If you don't know what you're wanting just go in and play some of the axes until something feels right

Jackson Soloist.

My custom build...also weeb nation represent!

been playing for around 10 years and have always played les paul style bodies. I've been doing a lot more lead work in the past few years and am looking for a guitar with a little better reach up top. Something slimmer in the neck towards the body any recommendations?

Quilted maple gold plated custom les paul. I love this jewel. Tone is out of this world and plays like a dream.

Schecter Damien

No Shadows Optics custom

Top this, elitists

That guitar is something else

Like guitars a lot too..,

Playing an american deluxe strat. 2015 shawbucker.

$5000 meme guitar

Heres most of em

found the poorfag

I'll show you a meme guitar. Bought a fuckin doubleneck

Noice, thought about getting one for a while. Thought the fretboard inlays were fucking rad

Doesn't know how to use guitars, or reference in \b. Good luck, tho.

Fuq outa here man. That's probably the nicest guit here

Mitchell md400

You got scammed. Fuck Gibson.

Guitars suck and are stupid. Guitars are only for old faggots with lots of money and no brains!

>14 yo detected

Can't argue with the quality and performance of it. I've been playing for over 90 years now. Its my favorite

Frank Zappa Roxy Gibson SG. Plays like butter

Don't have pics on hand, but have 3 strats and 2 SG's. I like my guitars somewhat symmetrical, I play a right hand string pattern left-handed

I wear gloves when I play it

I think your next purchase should be a coffin

Want to enter the contest, but that's a super nice giutar.

Why bother? Guitars are HOPELESSLY out of style. You may as well learn ACCORDION!

Why do you need that many Les pauls

Hey OP, we got the same guitar

Those have no pizazz

RG7421 with a Seymour Duncan Pegasus/Sentient combo

Why do you have a guitar? You play oldies or something? That shit's so out of style. Nobody likes how they sound either.

Because it means I need fewer Ferders. Who are you, Comrade Question?

Totally might be picking up a jazzmaster with my tax return. Sky is the limit which should I get?

Guitars are out of date. Get a Maschine instead.

But I don't play oldies?

Telecasters are better than both anyway

If it has a guitar in it it's old-fashioned. 100% out of date.

Oh ok. Haha

Saved up for several years to buy this baby.

You have no pizzaz. :)

Personally, I'm not a fan of the color

youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2WgXr3OIs&list=RDZeT6_TZE5MY&index=2 Guitar pizazz.

used amp for 250 used mim fender 300 this would be more better equipment also has bettetr resell value.

Pictures don't do it justice. Its beautiful in person.

Yeah man! Now that we have the dubsteps, all the old uncool instruments are totally RETARDED!

soundcloud.com/tempered_temper/the-abyss

this was a mexican tele through a vox actv4 and with a danelectro spring reverb

>>Doesn't understand history
>>Dismisses it
>>Worse off for it

I want to get one of these, it just looks cool. I'm just not sure the $2000 price tag is worth it

Only worth it if you have the cash to pay for it. And even then, maybe not. If you care the entry price on a guitar, you have to have an exit strategy to counter your entry position (can you make money on it?). Otherwise, it's just a toy or a tool. And you enjoy your time and opportunity with it.

Im thinking about selling my squier mustang so people wont make fun of me for owning one

Nah. Learn to play your guitar. Don't work yourself over about what other people plaay.

I have the money, I just don't know if it's a quality instrument. No shop around me carries them or is willing to order them. Also, I own 7 electric guitars ranging from first cheap strat to my Zappa SG to my Gretsch Tennesseean. I don't really ever plan on selling or getting rid of any my guitars

youtube.com/watch?v=Et6otmzUg5o
For muh guitarniggas.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>listening to old shit
>literally stupid old crap that nobody likes the sound of
>why do you think there are so many effects pedals?
>because nobody likes guitars anymore

:^) Why aren't you learning to play organ then? Organ died, and guitar will suffer the same fate. It's already happening.