Here is the leaked Rogue One trailer w/ Vader in it

dailymotion.com/embed/video/k6EawgtLBNB5gQiIS6k

I'm honestly underwhelmed. Huh. Weird, as I'm a mega Star Wars fanboy. I have an entire bookcase dedicated to memorabilia. I like the prequels. I loved TFA. I even have a Warhammer 40k proxy army of Empire models from the old d20 game.

I'm underwhelmed. How the fuck...?

This is gonna be an amazing film

Looks like the lead actress can't act for shit again but other than that it looks better than JJTrek across the goddamn board.

grow up

Let me guess, he's only in it for a couple of seconds at the end, probably off-screen, but you can hear him breathing? Tell me I'm right.

Yep

Why people clap and scream at trailers, it seems really retarded to me.

Have sex

>can barely see figure
>hear Vader breathing
>everyone loses their shit

I just died laughing. Like literally crying, these fucking people drop spaghettin over the simplest shit, thanks for the good times OP.

Its because you have mental fatigue from all of the mental gymnastics you do trying to prove to yourself that Episode 7 was good. You are seeing more of what you saw in 7 in Rouge one. Thats why you are underwhelmed. You know it will be garbage like TFA.

Looks like a cool edition to the EU. Why is Darth Vader upside down?

As a chinese guy...

Sticking a random chink fu slapfighting faggot into this movie just REEKS of thoughtless pandering.

Might as well put a yellow face china man stereotype in there while their at it.

too bad millions of chinese drones will still watch this shit

Is it David Prowse in the costume or Hayden Christensen?

Can't wait for Darth Vader to kill some mary-sue rebel fags too be honest.

it has appeal to whites?

one of the core conceits of these movies is that somehow dudes with sticks are strategically relevant

martial arts is also equivalent to actual guns in other types of fantasies too, trust me it works, and only seems panderific to actual charlies like yourself

It was his reflection on the floor of the star destroyer.

Go back to /asp/.

Neither hes CG

Same reason that I, someone obsessed with comics for over a decade now, don't care about a single one of the comic films coming out: over saturation. Hollywood in general has been spending all of its time pushing and pushing and pushing to pump out all of these things you've liked so quickly that it just doesn't excite you any more. Moreso, the disappointing products like episode 7, Ghostbusters, Robocop, Civil War (dead serious, unbelievably overrated), BVS, and the like have gotten to the point where deep down you just have a gut feeling like the next big reboot/project/sequel/prequel is going to be just as lackluster.

They should've made a panda alien, and then the Chinese ticket sales would've tripled.

as a mixed person I could not care

what a waste of trips on such a frustrated post, chill the fuck out, it was pretty good

It's been confirmed not to be David Prowse, I think it's unlikely that Hayden Christensen will be him too.

KINO

Looks like a ww2 movie

I thought this shit was going to be space battles galore

DROPPED

As a hispanic, Diego Luna is a national treasure and I want more Mexicans in Star Wars. Also, Benicio and Oscar Isaac.

Suck it faggots. That wall won't stop us.

>Looks like a ww2 movie

They literally took a shot from The Thin Red Line

Jesus christ

>not making it black and white for Maximum Kino

>all these nu-males roaring when manchild pandering bad guy appears

just fucking more of the same, everything being just a bad fanfiction since return of the jedi, just dozens of variations of the original movies, but that time with ball busting feminism

sometimes I kind of understand mudslimes

Fucking americlaps and whooptards.

That black tropper looks like the Kriptonians from MoS

Just wait until they start selling tickets to see the premier of trailers for super-hyped films. Wannabe critics and normies will line up around the block to pay $5 for a 2 minute trailer of the latest nerd culture behemoth just so they can be the first to drop a review on their blog.

I can't believe they let slip that one of the most interesting and anticipated characters in the movie dies

the cast looks fucking lame

These are the current majority of nerd culture, people with literally nothing else to define themselves other than 'geeky' pop culture. These are the sort of people who tweet 'GHOSTBUSTERS IS GETTING A REMAKE? MY LIFE IS COMPLETE' without having ever seen the original.

??

This trailer reminded me of Godzilla.

There was already a Mexican in Rotj, his name was Nien Numb

Why is the Rebel Alliance full of brown people everywhere? I literally can't identify one white male.

I also forgot Jimmy Smits, leader of the republic.

You're literally raping me; check your privilege.

If I was actually literally raping you I would enjoy it more than I enjoyed this trailer.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's because without the lore of the Jedi and the loveable main characters that connect the 3 trilogies, you lose the heart of the saga.

Manchildren who just want to see guns and muppets in space with big booms will love this shit, or anything with the Star Wars brand on it for that matter.

I'm in the same boat as you. I find that I care more about what's going on with Luke and the galaxy and the Jedi now. I could care less about how some revisionist shoehorned characters go on some little mission in between 2 important chapters in GFFA history. Especially when you know how it turns out.

I have watched it three times, and I still don't get the Vader shot.

Is that his googles? Is a reflection in a ground?

Better question is why they literally just copy+pasted Katniss into their movie, it's cringe-inducing how much Felicity is channeling it. They probably just told her to emulate JLaw as her only direction.

> "I'll name him MEME"

Just like the first trailer of TFA I'm not feeling so sure about this female lead.

I think it's upside down. The back of him?

>They're calling this a 'space opera'

Yeah, it looks like a reflection with a red sun in front of Vader.

So, that red sun, it looks clearly like the Yavin sun.

Maybe we will see part of the Battle of Yavin. I'm pretty sure of that.

God you Sup Forumsfags would have REEEEE'D and hated Alien if it came out today.

holy fuck my ears

I wonder if they're going to get James Earl Jones to do the voice again. He's got to be getting pretty old at this point, and does he even act anymore?

But unlike Daisy Ridley, Felicity Jones has been in enough films for us to know she's good. If her role isn't up to scratch it's not necessarily her fault.

They took the takes already.

well now they are the bitter minority so let em ree i say

I mean, all you did was take high-res screenshots from the video and put them in a collage. I could do that from any movie and declare it kino?

>americlaps isn't a meme

Who claps for recycling almost a 40 year old characters?

>leaked
Also, is that Mr. von Ip Man in that pic?

Fuck off we can alqays use more Donnie Yen

Well, fuck me, it is actually Donnie Yen. Glad to see him getting some recognition outside of Asia.

he plays some fucking peasant instead of imperial or a sith

Spoken like a true pleb. Literally nothing about it was good.

Nope. EW confirmed last week from Kathleen Kennedy that Vader shows up at key times throughout the film.

A bunch of actors are playing him apparently. And JEJ is returning to voice.

Not true. They recreated the costume - no CG.

He is returning to voice, that was confirmed. He also returned to voice Vader last year for Rebels cartoon.

I am so pissed they haven't released this or the Celebration teaser from last year.

does anyone actually care about rogue one

maybe in two years we might actually get a decent setting like KOTOR

>fighting stormtroopers with a staff

As a black guy...

Yellow my shit up senpai!

>those screaming virgins at the end

gotta love bootlegged trailer leaks

Isn't Rogue One confirmed to be Jan Orso+Kyle Katarn Dark Forces movie?

>clapping and screaming over a movie trailer
do all american's act like this?

It's this guy. I'm not kidding. Spencer Wilding, look him up.

A Dark Forces-style movie, or a Shadows of the Empire movie I could get into. Rogue One just seems underwhelming so far.

Not at all, what would make you say that? It's Jan Ors btw.

Americlap here. Yes, I remember people clapping and squealing over the Hunger Games trailers in theaters too, and even whistling that fucking theme.

Fuck you Donnie Yen is awesome.

sound advice for anyone still invested in this franchise

>pg-13 "dark and gritty" war movie

dont care

Who is that qt robot?

god damn they couldn't even get 3 different kids

It's because you're a white male and some white males find it difficult to enjoy things with characters that aren't white males...

alan tudyk

It's a reflection on the floor. Gareth Edwards said in a Celebration interview the shot wasn't planned, they just noticed how shiny the floor was and realised it would be cool.

felicity jones

>Goerge Lucas' entire life spent creating two trilogies of space adventure
>His life-work tells the story of hero Anakin Skywalker and his descent into the ruthless dark Jedi Darth Vader
>finally after finishing it, Lucas is complete and can explore other ventures
>recognises his fans' attachment to the franchise so allows Disney to carry on his universe
>they immediately retcon Vader as the chosen one in place of some mary-sue and then shove him in a film so that some spunky young plot-armour with no jedi training can one-up him somehow (we all know she's definitely not gonna die - she needs to give birth to Rey)

BRAVO

>Nobody cared about the film until they heard me breath
What did he mean by this?

Oh no that's actually funny and cute
Star Wars at least still knows how to do their droids right

>not realizing there's company plants in there pretending to go crazy and the autists just go with it

0-FUX

>Rogue One just seems underwhelming so far.
To be fair, they seem to be pretty fucking cryptic about it. Pretty much all that anyone has said - to my knowledge - is "it's about the team that stole the plans from the death star and also Darth Vader is in it and the protag is a woman" and the trailers could be summed up as "Star Wars wants to be Kino but reality won't let it" so that's equally unhelpful.

But at least it looks more interesting than JJWars.

I didn't realize there were rabbit-human hybrids in the Star Wars universe.

That looks like those 3A toys

It's a shame because the first half hour or so of TFA, right up until they leave Jakku, was pretty good. Then it was mostly downhill from there. Agreed about this seeming more interesting than the main series, though. Ep. 7 nearly killed my interest in Star Wars altogether.

We know loads...

Felicity Jones's father (Mads Mikkelsen) is the creator of the Death Star, Riz Ahmed defected from the Empire and brought the droid with him, Donnie Yen dies, Jimmy Smits is in it again as Bail Organa, Grand Moff Tarkin is in it and they're CG'ing Peter Cushing's face on some dude, the guy with the screwy face from Mos Eisley cantina with the death sentence on 12 systems has a cameo, Death Troopers actually hit their targets...

Thats just off the top of my head.

>there will be a new star wars film every year until the day you die

>Felicity Jones's father (Mads Mikkelsen) is the creator of the Death Star
So he was working for the Separatists during the Clone Wars? How old is this dude?