Why was Alright the song that got grammy nominations when it's literally one of the worst on the album?

Why was Alright the song that got grammy nominations when it's literally one of the worst on the album?

blm anthem
and its catchy

Because it was the most popular. Most popular = more sales generated = more money for the old white men own the Grammy's and are heavily invested in the music business (radio, record labels, distribution, etc.)

Same thing with the Oscars, and pretty much every mainstream award organization. Stay woke

I agree, I thought it was the least inventive/creative song on the whole album

Hard times like yah

One of the worst songs on the album, followed by complexion, Wesley's theory is my personal favourite

Because we finna be alright NIGGA

Whats a white man

King kunta was definitely more popular

Yes, King Kunta would have been a much better nominee

>implies he's woke
>doesn't name the jew

I thought it was one of the best songs personally. Kendrick plays with meter a lot in the verse- more so than he usually does- so that sold the song for me.

Besides, it's the Grammys, so who cares?

Complexion is definitely the worst- or Mortal Man.

Party song for black people.

Also lol it is mediocre but the only 'worst on the album' is fucking Hood Politics, what was he thinking?

you are boo boo

same, Wesley's Theory might be his best song ever

Jesus that is some shitty taste

>Muh police brutality
>Muh BLM
>Muh Diversity
>Muh pushing a political agenda

>Artist shouldn't write music about issues they care about.

Ok

>implying kendrick gives a fuck about diversity

he grew up in compton, he just wants black people to not be murdered and to stop murdering others. Sup Forumstards like you are retarded and whine about everything

This\
Listen to the damn albums. I'm a big time Republican but you guys are just dishonest. Kendrick's message isn't anti-White, it's more like "hey guys I have pride in who I am and our community but we do have some real issues we need to discuss and work out". Songs like Blacker the Berry addresses that attitude, where you might go to a BLM protest or talk about justice for Trayvon but not give a fuck when there's killings going on daily in your neighborhood and your own people are killing each other despite the message being "Black Lives Matter". Hell you'd probably agree with that if you actually knew what was going on and listened to the damn record.

well said user

these walls is the best song on tpab

For Free is the best song