HOW DOES HE KEEP SELLING SCRIPTS? EVERY ONE OF THEM IS TERRIBLE AND FLOPS...

HOW DOES HE KEEP SELLING SCRIPTS? EVERY ONE OF THEM IS TERRIBLE AND FLOPS. HIS DIRECTORIAL FILM WAS TERRIBLE AND FLOPPED. IS JEWISH NEPOTISM REALLY THAT BLATANT?

Other urls found in this thread:

maxlandiswrites.com/a-list-of-every-script-ive-ever-written-for-those-crazy-enough-to-read-it/
youtube.com/watch?v=gbYu2xziX2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, he is just THAT talented ;^)

He has great ideas, just not good at implementing them

JUST PITCH MY SHIT UP SENPAI.

He has a lot of family friends that are industry contacts and is a really prolific writer. The second part really makes a big impact. There are lots of flaky writers who have that one script they want to get made. Max has at least 71 at last count.

maxlandiswrites.com/a-list-of-every-script-ive-ever-written-for-those-crazy-enough-to-read-it/

And yeah, most of them are probably complete garbage but when you are constantly writing that many scripts it's easy to find one or two that appeal enough to a producer to get made. And of course he has industry contacts so the hard part of getting people to look at his scripts is already done.

He is what's wrong with Hollywood. Filled with Jewish rich kids who have no other passions outside of drugs, cock, and being a leftist cuck. They get work because their daddy knows people and they have to write stories that people in the real world are supposed to relate to. It never works out, and the studios blame the audience (Current Year Ghostbusters), or expect you to do homework to convince yourself it was good (Prometheus).

can his father ever be forgiven for the terrible, cruel act of bringing his son into the biz?

he's a salesman

he knows how to network and do good pitches

i'm sure he always kills it during board meetings (meetings set up through nepotism)

He's good at pitching because he has enthusiasm.

Wasn't chronicle good?

Chronicle made 10x its budget in the US alone

Because he's like the only scriptwriter who's mad himself actually talked about and shit on social media by calling Rey a Mary Sue

>son of a once important man in the movie industry
>shitload of contactsin the film industry
>rich as fuck

Geeeeeeeeeeeee... I wonder why... This guy and Duncan Jones would literally have no careers if they weren't the sons of famous people.

His scripts are fine, it's the directors that fuck them up.

Because his father used Jewish blood magic, what you thought the helicopter crash was an accident?

He is a serviceable writer but obviously it's nepotism that gave him the opportunity.

I don't know about his screenplays but he recently finished a 7 issue run on Superman and it was fantastic. He would have worked wonders with DC movies because he really gets the characters.

I really liked Chronicle, actually.

He knows how to sell himself. Every time he posts some shit to twitter people freak out.

His best work was easily Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

His Superman comic is fucking garbage and you know it.

This.

Making it in the industry is easy if you have both connections and the necessary work ethic.

Are you on fucking crack

Weak bait but I feel obliged to reply
1/10

>IS JEWISH NEPOTISM REALLY THAT BLATANT?
Yes.

Max Landis is the very definition of a conman.

selling scripts isn't hard if you're well known. tons and tons of scripts get sold and nothing gets done with them. The fact that any script he writes lets the producers slap "Written by Max Landis" on the poster automatically bumps his scripts up above any unknown writer

All he writes are a bunch of stupid ____ meets ____ projects

Chronicle:
>Cloverfield meets Fantastic Four

American Ultra:
>[Pick any stoner comedy] meets The Bourne Identity

Victor Frankenstein:
>Frankenstein meets Harry Potter/Twilight

Sure they're """original""" but it's not hard to come up with shitty original ideas if all you're asked to do is mash 2 IPs together.

American Alien? That thing was liquid shit.

This, I would watch more of these but they'd probably get old after awhile. Plus Trips was the perfect subject.

"Ric Flair" still kills me.

Zombies & pride and prejudice.

>Super Mario World – A successful New York lawyer is contacted by his estranged brother, who leads him through a hidden portal into a wild, dangerous alternate dimension.

This is probably happening now that Nintendo is getting out of the console business.

He is a good pitchman and has unbelievable nepotism on his side.
He uses his name and connection to get his foot into the door and is able to talk a good game to sell a "script". His writing is utter garbage thus studios hire other writers to fix his shit.
He's also very very annoying and he knows that, and studio executives know that, so he is kept far far away from on set or having a part in production.
There is a reason there was a huge gap in him working but because his dad and mom he can easily get back in anytime he wants.

theyre afraid his dead is going to behead them

I hear he hires a helicopter to circle the studio he's making the pitch at until they agree

Happy Father's Day to Jennifer Jason Leigh

>he's a salesman

you mean, like a merchant of sorts?

>Peace dude, this is weird

Chronicle and The Death and Return of Superman are pretty good. If he makes one more good thing he can say that he is actually talented.

No idea goys, err guys

yes

i hope he didnt poison RLM while he was visiting, since being a film critic is essentially antisemitism

Half of RLM are Jewish.

>Jealousy: the thread

uh huh

you are the bad guy

youtube.com/watch?v=gbYu2xziX2w

Not the good half

>The Theory Of Evolution – Inspired by a touring professor who speaks about evolution, a young black boy in 1920s Mississipi sets off a chain reaction that will eventually draw the attention of nefarious, white-hooded forces with evil intentions in mind. This is a musical.

Sign me up nigga.

His scripts are terrible. Even RlM read the script for Victor Frankenstein and it was shit. He even directed and wrote Me Him Her and it was shit.

Chronicle was good but different from Max's script (which was full of more gore and hammy) and yet Max never rants about how Trank ruined his vision because Trank got him schekels.

Max is shit

Hey Max, How does it feel that Star Wars The Force Awakens and Thor the Dark World are better than American Ultra and Me Him Her?

His foot is in the door, thats literally all it takes. Its not what you know, its who.

Slightly off topic, but how exactly does writing a script for a musical work? I don't think Landis is a composer, so how does he factor in the big draw into the script?

>maxlandiswrites.com/a-list-of-every-script-ive-ever-written-for-those-crazy-enough-to-read-it/
most of these are shit genre mixes that might sound clever in the logline but are actually horseshit

like Victor Frankenstein, the hook was "a frankenstein movie BUT it's the doctor's origin story and we don't see the monster until the end!", sounds neat but we actually got was a Victorian era snoozefest

I like Max as a person but he's not a particularly good or interesting writer

>m1nd
>m2nd
>m3nd

I read through the entirety of his Super Mario World script. It was shit and filled with dumb bullshit. Like Luigi's secretary being literally named Samus Aran and having metroid earrings.

Those scripts don't exist, he just thought that was clever.

How the fuck would m2nd be pronounced, though? M Second?

Sounds as bad as his Spider-Man "Adult" comedy.

How is Chronicle anything like Fantastic Four? How Ftankenstein ANYTHING like Potter or Twilight? I don't care for Lanids but Jesus. Come on, user.

You'd see the similarity if you weren't purposefully being dense.

Have you read his Custom script? It's probably bad but the plot sounds interesting.

So you didn't read the intro, where he says he wrote it when he was young and fully admits it's shit?

No you just keep ranting, hunny. I'm sure it helps you sleep.

he has to atone for his father's sins

First one seemed interesting, bartenders are always cool.

>say it's shit
>didn't you read the part where he fully admits it's shit?

How does this change anything I said? I don't care how young you are, if you start writing a screenplay and want to fit """"subtle"""" references to other Nintendo properties, you can at least shorten Samus' name to Sam.

>ranting
>when you wrote more words than I did

Go away, Max.

link to the script?

oh please come back diablo cody, and save us from this state of mediocrity in the world of script writing.

Read his pitch for Ghostbusters, it's fucking hilariously bad, probably worse than what we got

>m4nd

can anyone explain to me how this guy ended up in a room with mike an jay warching horrible vhs tapes?

Because I actually write. Seriously most people never fucking write more than one script, or get started and never finish it. I've written something, whether it's a page or a paragraph or a pitch, every day of my life for the last fifteen years. And then I sell them as hard as I can. Nothing secret about it, shitlords.

But yeah, Jewish Nepotism, sure.

Landis also has a bit of a presence as a youtube e-celeb. I think he's sitting at around 100k subs or something.

His videos are pretty good too. I recommend the wrestling one, but the one where he discusses a Superman script he has is neat too.

Max, why is your hair like it is?

Why do you choose to do that to it?

Is that the edgy script where Superman stabs Zod with Kryptonite and taunts him (like the joker) and makes Zod (bleeding to death) crawl to a portal to escape, all while smiling?

I think he writes ok characters but a lof his scripts are just a subversion of something that's already been done
He talks about how to get ideas in an interview

Fuck off with this guy

Yeah. Also ends up with a black suit.

I still like some of the ideas in it, though.

Born and raised one-percenter talking like a working-class hero.

How’d you get your agent Max, and your first meetings? hard work, luck, and pounding the pavement — or did daddy introduce you?

“Most writers are not willing to take the risk?” No Max, most writers are poor.

>I've written something, whether it's a page or a paragraph or a pitch, every day
this is literally the first rule of screenwriting

>Max Landis wa acting like a butthurt baby for people not liking his shitty American Ultra movie all over twitter.
>Mike and Jay trash his movie an make fun of his childish behavior.
>Max Landis poops his pants and goes crazy on twitter and reddit attacking RLM and sending his autistic hipster fanbase to attack RLM.
>RLM asks Max Landis to be on the show.
>Max Landis: "Oh my god! I love you guys! Besties!!"

I'd like to see any of you write a screenplay as good as even Max's worst.

His career is over op. All he is doing is writing comic books

Ambassador Avenue – A kill-technician for the United States army finds herself in a dangerous situation when, whilst in a warzone on assignment, she is hit with severe case of menorrhagia (a heavy period). This is not a comedy.

I already did, it's called Star Wars The Force Awakens. It made a billion dollars an is loved by everyone. Unlike American Ultra.

Subversion really doesn't make a good script. It's what every millennial screenwriter jumps on thinking he's bringing something new to the table.

You say he writes ok characters, which one do you have in mind?

All of his characters are written pretty ok in my opinion, not outstanding but not shitty either.
Any character he's written falls into that category
And i don't think subversion makes for good scripts either, i just got the feeling that's his thought process due to the interview i mentioned
Honestly, what i really like about him are his rants about the industry

That's because comic book reviewers have lower standards and give out praise easier (just look at Unveatable Squirrel Girl and Hellcat).

Realistically, what are the chances of any real celebs coming on Sup Forums to shitpost anonymously?

Is the most notable one Trank?

Go away, Max

It's funny how he sits there and talks about needing more diversity in the film industry when he is literally part of the problem, nepotism at its finest.

(((Nepotism)))

>mind
>mrnd
>mend

We do it because we know none of you will believe us ever. A lot of younger filmmakers like Trachtenberg do it too, baneposting is one of the best things to happen to us.

Max how come you never replied to my tweet about Kristen Stewart

>Sammy and Jesse Meet The Creature From Planet X – After two good ol’boys discover a wounded alien prince and nurse him back to health, they must protect him from a team of expert royal assassins, and a Men In Black style organization that has wrongly diagnosed this as the beginnings of an alien invasion.
E.T. with two kids instead of one
>After The End – Locked in a Super K-Mart after a zombie apocalypse, a rag-tag group of people must wait the 30 days for the zombies to start to decay, only to find that, as usual, the undead are the least of their problems.
The Mist with zombies instead of monsters
>Revelations – As the biblical endtimes begin on Earth, a group of four high school friends meet to face the end together, only to slowly realize that their role in the apocalypse is more direct and integral than any of them could have imagined.
This Is The End plus a Chosen One trope
>The Stuff – A reimagining of the 1985 Larry Cohen horror-comedy The Stuff.
The Stuff
>Duel – A reimagining of the Spielberg film Duel.
Duel (are you fucking serious Max how is this a logline)
>Typhoon – In the winter of 1757, after his best friend’s trade vessel goes missing, a captain in the Royal Navy goes against orders to track down the “sea serpent” believed to be responsible.
Life Aquatic but gritty instead of quirky
>Wish You Were Here – Boy meets girl, boy is revealed to be thousand year old freed genie, girl has to cope with being with the man who truly has (and has had) everything.
Twilight but with a genie instead of a vampire

>Honestly, what i really like about him are his rants about the industry
I agree with you on that one, I can't find the source right now but he dissected The Force Awakens beautifully on a podcast ("the same stuff - but slightly different")

>Trank
what did I miss?

Max Landis is a pretty good chance. He's been known on Sup Forums for a long fucking time, and he's friends with meme lords like Elijah Woods.

Also, he writes a ton of shit. Some of it has interesting stuff, but his ego is so out of control it's hard to find anything he's written not be riddled with his views and self inserted ideas.

Like, I'm sure Chronicle was only good thanks to the director beyond that, I'm pretty sure his only passable shit has been that Shocker fanfic but it had such a shitty third act

Because if you don't buy his scripts, you get a one way ticket on Landis airways.

Some guy was on here during the filming of the new Fantastic Four movie claimed to be involved in the production of them movie, and started leaking shit and talking bad about Trank.

Typical bull roleplay, but then a guy claiming to be Trank himself popped into the thread, and started explaining stuff, and it later turned out that pretty much everything was true.