Batman v Superman

So just watched the Superman v Batman director's cut and i thought it was pretty good especially for a superhero movie. 27% on rottentomatoes feels pretty absurd after watching this or is this similar case as Kingdom of Heaven where the director's cut is 10x better than the theatrical cut?

There's not much comic book culture in Finland so i don't know how they want their comic book movies but it looks like they don't like slow burners which i don't mind at all if they are well acted as i thought this one was. So do the american people like their superhero movies more like Marvel tends to make them? More action packed with humor, if so i understand why the critics didn't like this movie.

Even so from objective point of view it's hard to justify the bashing this movie got from majority of critics. The acting is pretty great as well especially Affleck. The soundtrack was also probably the best one in a superhero movie i can remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is going to die without a single post isn't it?

This article discusses it.

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

You're better off having this discussion elsewhere OP

I'll reply for you.

Many reasons why this sucked, I'll name a few.

>batman made into killing machine
>superman is a hypocrate demanding batman stop his vigilantiasm when superman is also a vigilante
>Y DI U SAE THAT NAEM!?!
>lex being incomprehensible for his character.

Capeshit is capeshit but do it like marvel at least with some humor and levity. Its impossible to take a movie seriously as a drama or thriller when the lead actors are in pajamas the whole time.

>batman made into killing machine

why is this considered a bad thing? It is logical with the theme of the movie which is bringing superhero movies closer to human nature. It's virtually impossible to fight against horde of murderers without being able to kill also.

>superman is a hypocrate demanding batman stop his vigilantiasm when superman is also a vigilante

Yes because Luthor manipulated him and Superman himself even noted that in the fight between him and the Batman. Superman is only a man himself and prone to mistakes which was also the point of the movie in my opinion

>Y DI U SAE THAT NAEM!?!

That is one of the knocks on the movie in my opinion too. I understand it was building up the whole movie because of all the trauma shots from Batman's childhood and the zooming of the Martha name. So it's not like it came out of nowhere and worked as a trigger but i agree the execution could have been better.

>lex being incomprehensible for his character.

What does this mean? Lex is completely different in the comic books? Aren't all these character quite different?

To me it looks like you don't like the direction and the philosophy of the movie and the characters. That's a valid reason for a ordinary movie goer to dislike the movie but paid critics sould be able to cast aside personal feelings and judge the movie byt its merits.

There is no such thing as a critic any more user. It's all just people getting paid to professionally shitpost.
Hell I've seen better critique of films on this shithole than on most of the Internet

It broke the capeshit mold and people don't like that.

pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

THIS

'Journalism' as a whole is a steaming pile of shit now, with no merit whatsoever

How does your boss know you already posted it? Does he walk around you or do they take your word on it?

Fuck I just lost my huge post.

Short version - I liked it, not as much as Man of Steel, but I liked it. I watched it on release and I've downloaded the ultimate edition to watch soon.

Really liked Affleck's Batman as many people have said. Excited for his standalone film.

Print journalism is about the last place I've seen decent journalism that didn't involve opinions or conjunctures, ironically this dying genre is taking the last bits of dignity journalism has with it. Just like how Superman died in the film.

People just want to rest comfortably with their conformation bias

I think thats what Clark Kent was supposed to represent, the last bastion of actual journalism, which died.
With the black newspaper editor being the old school reporter who has sold out just to stay afloat. I thought Lawrence Fishburne actually did a good job as a tired, jaded old bastard who knew it was over.

>why is this considered a bad thing?
because its not batman if he's a murderer you stupid faggot. Might as well give his parents back at that point. Holy shit.

>don't like the direction and the philosophy of the movie.

You're absolutely correct i dont like what they did to the philosophy and characters of batman and superman and thats why its a shit movie.

>but paid critics sould be able to cast aside personal feelings and judge the movie byt its merits.

Critics won out because it wasn't a movie about manipulation and the balance of power or even the relationship between mankind and higher beings. its was batman vs superman and it failed in its only mission. fuck zack snyder

I would've killed to have seen the ultimate edition in a movie theatre

Have you held an actual newspaper in your hand recently dude? That shit is sad. Over 50% of the pages are just ads for local business. Perry Black really nailed the point. Only time they were able to get large prints is during national tragedies.

Fuck man, what happened to news. I want off this ride.

horrible writing, pacing, editing, bad acting from ww and lex, shoehorned cinematic universe garbage, meaningless out of nowhere cgi rock monster villain

Another

> Le MOS/BvS was good meme

Thread

NORMOT VITTUUN MUN LAUDALTA

Why are people so upset about Batman killing people? It has been done in the comics (and in other movies too). The "no-killing-rule" of batman has a lot more popularity, but I don't see why we would have to settle with it in every version of batman. Also this is justified in the context of the movie.

Two things turned brucewayne into a fucking psycho in a batsuit and it was his murdered parents and aversion to murder. It's as integral to his character as superman being allergic to kryptonite.

In a storyline (I can't remember the name for the life of me), Batman is old and fed up by the criminal world and the murder of Robin pushed over the edge and he went full punisher (maybe not that much but you get the point). In the movie we have a rather aged batman and Robin's suit in some sort of memorial with writing of the Joker all over it. I think they're heading down that road in the movie to make Superman having some sort of impact on Bruce by the end, reajusting him in his old ways or something. Just my two cents

Dont remember seeing that. Saw an AU story where bats snapped the jokers neck but he turned himself into the police after that.

Your two cents are correct. Some people are just so autistically adamant on a character only being interpreted in an exact way they reject anything else. The no-kill rule has not been around for Batman's entire history. Batman has also killed in almost every one of his movies. At least Batfleck's killing is explained as a natural extension of his madness and the amount of fucks he lost along the way in his journey ("criminals are like weeds"). Superman, living up to what MOS set up and the symbol on his chest, gives Batman back his hope.

Well I don't know about you, but I see the DCU as an AU story.

there are some things I never understood from the movie:
how lex knew supes was going to africa to save lane?
how lex "created" doomsday? what is up with his blood and zod?
and last, was that flash in the batman "dream"?

If you promise to take it down a notch we will let you join us is the sun.

I wasn't all to impressed on my first watch of the extended version. I've never seen the theatrical one. I just watched the extended again last night and loved it on the second watch. Dunno why.

details. You will see more of them in time.

He knew of supes identity and his relationship with lane. Then he deployed the paramilitaries and somehow arranged for the interview
He was in his dream but i dont get that part either
And even snyder doesnt know how lex made doomsday

Deal

who the fuck is that guy in the last picture?

>Superman having some sort of impact on Bruce by the end
congratulations, you actually watched the movie

how are we still having this conversation? the synopsis for justice league proved everyone right about we were saying about batman
it's not even debatable anymore