So I've had dogs my whole life. I've had many different breeds and dealt with a few different temperments...

So I've had dogs my whole life. I've had many different breeds and dealt with a few different temperments, but now I want a dog that will be a real challenge to tame. Something a bit more difficult to control, but eventually loyal. Any suggestions?

Also dog thread.

Get a slave

I don't want a slave. I want a dog.

I have a mini pinscher. He was difficult to train and has a ton of energy, but he's loyal and a great guard dog, along with my 100lb lab.

caucasian ovcharka. Also known as the most dangerous dog in the world. We used to breed them when I was younger.

Wolf

African wild dog.

Rabid dingo

Rabies isn't present in australia.

Anyone can train and tame dogs.
Try getting a cat if you are up for a real challenge.

Haven't heard of those. What are they like?

Always liked the look of dobermans so that could be cool

Cats are pretty similar to dogs in tameness, but you'll never get one to love you.
That is completely impossible.
They're basically furry reptiles.

Wolfdogs. Wolves breeded with dogs.

This is a cool thread. Im thinking of getting a dog myself. I never had one on my own, but we had a family dog when i was little (rotweiler), and i pretty much raised my ex's dog myself (went to school with him and such). What breed would you recommend for me? I was thinknig of just getting a mutt of some sort, they lways seem cool. And i was also looking at swiss mountain dogs, they look fucking awesome.

But yeah, any ideas for a begginer dog?

A pitt bull/ shiba inu mix. Their intelligence will make you feel stupid and inferior

timber wolf

caucasians arent very well suited to hot climates...
if you're in australia, then chances are you're in hot part...

I've had 4 cats and it's literally just give them food and water and they'll be lazy around your house. There is no taming with a cat. I yell at them when they do something wrong and then they learn to not do it again.

Great dogs if you ask me. But you need to start training at a very young age. If you don't train them they will be aggressive against all strangers. It's part of their breeding as shepherd/guard dogs.
You should start at around 6 months old with proper social training and such.
They are brutally strong, very stubborn and healthy. The ones we had reached 12-14 years in age.
But in the wrong hands they are killers. A lot worse than pitbulls etc.
They are designed to kill wolfs and other large predators. You can literally stab them and not hit anything important, their skin is thick as hell and the fur as well.

A bitch of any variety. The two legged ones seem to give the most trouble though.

Our cat was way more lovable and cuddly than any other pet we ever had. But she was an outdoor, country cat. When she was outside, she was a little fucking tiger. Then she'd come inside for some love. Big difference in personality between that and an indoor cat, which has no life and no perspective and nothing to do all day but look out the window and resent you for keeping it locked up indoors.

Mutts are great as rescue dogs. They love you immediately since you took them out of a shitty place and they have minimal health problems usually. It's possible you can get a crazy one but I've had only good luck with picking up strays/shelter dogs. Stay away from purebreds unless you're really into that kind of dog and are ready to deal with some problems.

>The ones we had reached 12-14 years in age.
Holy hell that's insane for such a big dog.

Kangal best dog

It is indeed. And they were healthy all those years as well. No hip or joint problems, no cancer or anything.

Yeah, id take a puppy tho, i wouldnt want a grown dog. People just give them away, so its not like its hard to get one. I'd take my dad with me, because he has a lot of experience with dogs, so we could choose a calm and lazy one.

Growing up, I had a fox pup my grandpa rescued when the neighbor shot its mom.

That was the smartest, most fun, most mischievous, hardest "dog" to train, and it was 100% loyal. Foxes are the best.

Keep the kennel clubs away from them.
They'll fix that up in no time.

I still have a hard time with my pitbull idk what mix. She just want to kill anything that moves, other dogs, cats, birds, fucking hedgehogs...

Sounds interesting. I have a German Shepherd now who's getting on in years and it was a lot of fun doing training with him. Maybe a dog like that could be a good next step.

bull terrier toy!!

>idk what mix
Judging by the coat it's some kind of australian cattle dog.

Get a Boerboel, they can be really friendly if you socialize them from an early age.
They can also be complete nightmares if you don't.

train a blue/red heeler to be social to smaller dogs.

Those motherfuckers are badass. Always loved bull terriers but never had one

Just be prepared for buying about double the amount of food. Our Caucasians ate at least twice that of all other dogs we had.
We fed ours with mostly meat, reindeer and other game.

that is a blue heeler mix(one of the Australian cattle dog sub breeds), good luck, they kill what they can, its the dingo blood.

Afte having dogs all my life, I'd say probably the medium (sport model) beagle.
They bred bloodhounds with foxes, so they're very sweet, lovable, great around kids, and have those very british regal mannerisms & are ultimately very loyal, but they have a wild independence about in them and gods help you when they pick up a scent. All you can do is hang on and apologize to everyone in your wake for the ear-splitting baying. Also, their good looks are an unbelievable chick magnet.

that no pitbull hhahahahaha thats some straight bastard shit

No shit? Thats crazy. He eats twice as much as our other dogs now. I have to buy 20lbs of food every few days.

when i,m older like 40 and up i wanted to have a ix of a boerboel and a mix with bleu or rednose thats gonna be sick i think

Nah i've had a few dogs in my time and my cattle dog cross is by far the least bloodthirsty thing i've ever had.
There was a pigeon with a broken wing in my yard once and the dog walked up to it and check it out and when it moved she recoiled in disgust and didn't go near it again.
The Cocker spaniel was the most kill crazy dog I've had, every week or so it would kill a pigeon or 2 on its own and it took out a couple of our chickens.

Aw.

applehead chiwawa

one of the most ugly dogs ever

How old is he?

They used to be pretty alright looking.
I mean if you're into Asians.

A Black Tamaskan.

Are you willing to spend for a pure doggo? I wouldn't want mine to end up sick from being too mutated.

Doberman. And beat the shit out of it.

The elusive Asian pitpull.

You're confused, buddy.

Someone have a bad experience with a cat?

Cat's just have larger boundaries, they produce plenty oxytocin just like any other mammal

I have a half gsd, half dobie. She mauled me a few times when she was younger. Now she's the best dog I have ever had. Too smart.

I had a normal farm cat I got for keeping the farm free of rats. The fucker started attacking our sheep and cows instead. Literally jump on them and bite/scratch.
Had to shoot the fucker.

I want one of these dogos

Those are actually dingo puppies. Crazy huh?

No i've had nothing but good experiences with other people's cats.
I've watched as they looked on in horror at how they treated me, a complete stranger with more fondness than they ever get enough times to realise the cat is either a cold calculating machine of getting people to fall in love with it to secure a food source or they're so smart they're like humans in the way they they grow cold and disinterested in the people the spend the most time with.
Either way I recognise an asshole when i see it. Dogs on the other hand, fiercely loyal, even to assholes. Maybe this means they're retarded, but it's an endearing kind of retarded.

something like this with nice colours and dont cut the ears if you wanted problems take the most weak from the nest

My boy

He was just outside so a little dirty

lol Jesus Christ

That looks scary as hell

Cats aren't so bad. They're not loyal at all, but you can actually form a relationship with them. They do seem to enjoy attention sometimes. That or just bodywarmth..

My sister has a dingo looking thing.
I'd never say it to her because she already idolises it enough but it's a really pretty thing. Pic related.
It's dumb as a brick though, i once watched it try to crew a bone on the ground which was basically sand, pushing it around with it's aimless nibbles until the bone had more mud than meat and it abandoned it to the other dog which immediately picked it up and took it to the cement to eat it like a mind with purpose.

i get your point

>file name says pitbull
>posts picture of mike Tyson
I don't understand senpai

No joke Shiba Inus have the biggest personality mine is 4 and she is a bitch to other dogs pisses everywhere when she doesn't get attention, is food aggressive, and kills bunnies in my yard.... Go on and try....

cuz its trained like this retard

I've heard these dogs can be real pains. Fucking qt's tho

Never actually been around one, but I'll believe you just based on videos and shit. Those guys emote like crazy.

Yes super cute but man.... What a personality. I was not prepared... Did tons of research, spent time with some at a breeders, finally bit the bullet and fuck me sideways. She is a mess had her since 8 weeks and she is a terror. I have a mastiff pit mix and hes super sweet lays around all the time but her NOPE.. She's insane...

One of those really big dogs, with the orange and black stripes.

My personal fav would be a german shepherd. Intense and challenging training, but also very rewarding.
I'm the kind of man that thinks that any dog which height doesn't come up to my knees is actually a cat. With the exception of Jack Russels.

real joy

thats a tiger

German shepherds are bro teir. I picked the one with the highest pain tolerance out of the litter and he ended up being a big softy anyways. Loves all people. Super high prey drive though.

Smaller dogs aren't so bad though. They're way easier.

Shiba inu they more like cats

Buy a pitbull from a nigger.

Gotta go with the anatolian shepherd. Sweetest dog I've ever had, but the hardest one to train. He's huge, I'm over sixes feet tall (6'2) and mine stands with his front paws on my shoulders and his head meets my eye level, and he's only a year old. They're guardian dogs, for livestock, so they're incredibly loyal and defensive. They can run up to 35 miles per hour and would do so in the house without proper training. He's incredibly affectionate and cuddly, he sits on my lap all the time. Mine is black with white chest, paws, and a small white dot on his forehead but looks like pic related.

Buy a nigger from a pitbull

agree beagles are the best!

This is my experience too. Very sweet and loyal, but nearly impossible to control.

Get a whippet cross staff, i got mine 3 years ago and shes the most perfect little dog ive ever had, shes got a perfect temperment, beautiful fur and amazingly loyal.
I genuinely could look for the rest my of my life and ill never find another doggo like her.
Heres my lil biscuit