Anyone Else Lifelover fans here? Anything similar I should check out?

Anyone Else Lifelover fans here? Anything similar I should check out?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqICZfx7QFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rYuB_2ZTyRI
youtu.be/2qWNrqLZXgg
youtube.com/watch?v=u940Fhstf-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

You should definitely check out pyschonaut 4 if you don't know them yet

you should also check out make a change kill yourself, they're more straight up dbsm, but it's good

Any albums or songs you recommend?

I liked the first album when I was younger. These days I really dont see a whole lot musical about it.

I know the mains: Xasthur, Leviathan, Krohm, Make a Change, Silencer, Sterbend, Nyktalgia, Shining, Nosvyr, Abyssic Hate, Alcest, Anagnorisis, Austere, Chasma, Damiak, Old Forgotten Tomb, Old Lacrimas Profundere, Life Is Pain, Hypothermia, Mgla, Mord, Paysage D' Hiver, and im sure there are others.

I just want something dark, unique, written well and more than just distortion and popeye screams yknow?

Utarm, Gallhammer

If you go for psychonaut 4 I'd heavily recommend dipsomania, other than that everything they've ever made except their newest, that's a little too polished for me

Urfaust

With the bands you've posted you should check out coldworld too, I'm not that wellversed in them since it's a recent for me, but my friend is heavily into them

They've made an excellent cover of Nackskott too

Just started up Dipsomania, intense album artwork..

Any album or song to start off with?

Coldworld? Thats up next after Psychonaut

Any place you recommend starting?

Cold world is pretty good. They have some pretty strange sounds too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqICZfx7QFQ

Holy fuck what an intense album. Im really digging it and im on track 3 now

Gallhammer: Gloomy Lights or Ill Innocence
Utarm: Minus the Divine
Urfaust: Geist ist Teufel

In general they're just a bunch of pretty intense guys fucking 5 star models and doing depressive music

Definetely found a new favorite. I can absolutely tell. Thank you so much user.
Thank you guys for helping too, This stuff is so personal to me its always nice to hear more

You're welcome, good music deserves recommendation. Don't ever hire them for a show though, their shit is so untight live

I can imagine.. I rarely go to shows anymore. Last one I went to was a Shining show and Alcest is coming up pretty soon. Not a huge BM scene here in San Diego.

Firing this up right now. Took a pause from the Psychonaut

Youtube links are already pending next

Apati

There isn't a big one here in Denmark either. But we have a few local bands in my town keeping it alive, and mayhem swings by my town in march I think

Anywhere specific you recommend starting?

Mayhem would be a good place to stop by to see. They doing the De Mysterious tour there?Wasnt really feeling it user. Sounded really similar to Make a Change.. which is really good. But im looking for something a little different from that style

Morgondagen Inställd I Brist På Intresse
Really similar to Lifelover i think

They're playing de mysteriis dom sathanas yeah, I really think of going there, but I'll have to manage my budget for it, and some 2 months later Mgla'll play in the capitol. Think I'm gonna nail that one too even though I'm not that much into Mgla

By the way, you could try and check out dystopia nå! , they're a little in line with lifelover, but not that much.

Im actually really fond of Mgla. Took a full spin to get into Exercises.. Track IV, V and VI really sold me on them. First three tracks I really didnt get into and I nearly gave up on it and dropped Mgla entirely

If you have a youtube link to your favorite thatd be awesome. I have about 4 different albums in line up.
I just bought the last three full length Psychonaut 4 albums.

I can listen to it, but it's just that it's a little too slow. I prefer stuff like arckanum that just obliterates your ears :)

This is my favorite by dystopia nå!

youtube.com/watch?v=rYuB_2ZTyRI

That makes sense. At the gym I usually need the faster stuff like Anagnorisis. You know them?

Have heard of it, but I think I'll check it out since I'm just getting drunk anyway and recommending music only

Allow me
youtu.be/2qWNrqLZXgg

My morning is just getting started. Coffee and this

Unfortunately that video isn't available in my country, but I think I'll start at beyond all light

Thats a good album to start with. Tracks 3/4 really stood out for me. The newer album is just cleaner production and a little more...psychological? Theres samples of some kid being interviewed by a psychiatrist throughout the album

Yeah okay, so still going with the depressive vibe :)

They might be, its not as obvious as Psychonaut 4. Darker themes for sure

Yeah psychonaut 4 is a horrorhouse of drugs, suicide and eastern soviet satellitte state depression. The post war dream

Im still on Dipsomania album. I havent disliked anything yet. To be honest I think this guy sounds better than Hypothermia

Haven't heard much hypothermia, so can't say for sure

Hypothermia I would personally say was one of the first to go real bleak and real depressive in his albums and keep it to more than just chaos. Speaking with him in the beginning he seemed to have a firm understanding of recording and what he wanted. Then he blew up in popularity, started playing live, got real cocky and recently started going the post rock style. Worth a listen, I definitely hear the Hypothermia influence in Psychonaut 4

Yeah okay. I can hear the post rock in skogens hjärta definitely. Melankoli is more black

Here you go OP
youtube.com/watch?v=u940Fhstf-U

I actually realy liked Wigrid, I wish hed release a new album already

Exactly