Are you excited about Alien Covenant?

Cast is pretty good, plot seems interesting, classic alien returning. Hopefully they learned from Prometheus

Not at all since it is delaying cancelling the other Alien film that planned to bring back Hicks.

yeah but that movie reeked of 'Terminator Genisys' syndrome

>bring back old cast members purely for nostalgia
>arrogantly retcon "weaker" sequels but end up making something worse
>literal fan fiction plot

not to mention Blomkamp went from being the next big thing in sci-fi to one of the most mediocre very quickly

>Hopefully they learned from Prometheus

Ridley Scott made Alien in 1979. he had 35 years experience to bring to Prometheus. he made things worse. wanna know why?

Ridley is far too old now and is going senile, all he cares about is making pretty visuals and doesnt give a shit about script or coherent dialog.

I've listened to almost all of his commentaries and he hasn't changed much through the years, though he is starting to repeat the dialogue in mumbles a lot.

His desires and intentions are pretty basic and have been since he started. He's a dice roll.

I wont be watching it,some things should remain where they are.
This anons sums it up pretty nice

fuck hicks and that faggot's blomkamp's fairytale ending

it will only diminish the bleak and harsh universe what made the series special

A3 is worthy, and I don't care if even fincher is a pretentious loathsome cunt about it

How hard is to translate Giger paintings into film? they keep talking about woods, fleshy monster and another shit that has nothing to do with the biomechanical designs Giger brought to alien.

I just want to see a fucking Giger nightmare for once, Prometheus was fucking shit in that aspect, the jockey looks like a fucking tapir now and the ship had less bones and less flesh. People keep asking about the same old alien monster, Giger has like a trillion monster designs in his paintings, why not take 2 or 3 of those and made a different kind of monster? the alien could be one of the biomechanical weapons the engineers created, there could be more.

The same thing happened to Spielberg, Lucas and Scorsese

Spielberg is still pretty solid, BFG notwithstanding.

Its not about the fucking monster.
Its about the fucking sane reason Alien had,everything had reason for happening,everything made sense in the logic in the movie,characters were believable as day to day guys like you and me,everyone with goal but in the same shit as every one else.
There we no scientist that fought over who will take the helmet off first on an alien planet in,no fucking ridiculous situations that no sensible man would do.
People want good story with people they can connect with.
The rest as a horror,monster,scenes and so forth can be additionally worked on.
Simplicity is the key along with very good actors that know what they are doing.
Proper castings are forgotten nowadays in Hollywood its all about recommendations from someone or studio directive.

You realize your taste is shit don't you?

Isn't she rumoured to be Ripley's mother?

It's pretty mechanical emotionally but it's a good movie otherwise.

It illustrates the passing of warfare from beast to machine pretty well, I don't think other films have done that for WWI before.

Yep

>Ridley Scott

Do you think they'll finally discuss the bonus situation?

Bonus is long over due there is nothing to discuss about.

I guess the answer is a definitive No

The answer is he doesn't hit home runs any more but his films still pursue interesting themes, feature strong performances, and are impeccably crafted, aside from the odd dud like BFG, Crystal Skull.

You're a pleb if you think it's so black and white.

Alien is a good movie, but take out the Giger monster and it wouldn't be as iconic as it is now, shit, it's a fantastic film but the monster is what stood out.

>Ridley Scott

>mfw critics said The Martian was a return to form for Ridley