Ghostbusters sequel

Megahit Ghostbusters confirmed to be getting a sequel.

thewrap.com/ghostbusters-sequel-will-happen-sony/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Pascal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

slam your head against that wall enough times and maybe it'll collapse, eh Sony.

Please no...

The same shit was said about fant4stic. Didn't stick.

GOOD. I really wanna see their Zuul sequel

They said that before Fant4stic came out. It changed after the results hit.

This is being announced after release.

>To appease fans, the producers will make one more ghostbuster transgender.

>Megahit Ghostbusters confirmed to be getting a sequel

>Megahit

I recall it being "Mildly disappointing, not a bomb." A sequel would just fuck them.

>Sony chief says that more is coming in hopes of boosting current box office returns on Ghostbusters.

Transgender is so 2015 dude, now we need a pansexual or a grenderqueer.

Stop lying, they claimed it's getting a sequel until very recently. It's all damage control.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""hit""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>Retards not realizing that they made 2x whatever bullshit box office number they were aiming for in ad revenue by creating a fake frenzy

It's only made half of it's budget so far and I'd imagine the inbreds at sony spent that much on marketing.

Also a big issue: Are they going to get the same cast? They had no chemistry together. The movie really wasn't even that bad. Honest it was like a 6/10. But holy shit, Kristin Wig looked like she didn't give a shit the entire time. Kate McKinnon's character seemed to have no lines except quirky and weird improv. Melissa McCarthy played Melissa McCarthy. The gorilla wasn't even that bad. The parts from the trailer that you thought were bad were just as bad in the movie but she was restrained and a normal person half the time. But all together? Nothing.

I won't be surprised if Sony has to scrap together a new cast or fill in roles for their next flop.

Again.

>You can't be both transgender and pansexual
>Transgenders aren't, by definition, genderqueer

I'm shaking right now.

It'd be nice if they got an actual cast of female actresses instead of the current cast of unfunny SNL people. Kristen Wiig is only ever funny playing off other people, and by other people I mean Bill Hader.

Why did they feel the need to only get comedians? Ghostbusters wasn't even a fucking comedy. Anybody is funny with the right writers, maybe they should've put some effort into buying some good ones.

>Alison Brie
>Ellen Page
>Justin Timberlake
>Donald Glover
>Directed by: Anyone who knows how to do something other than plant a stationary camera facing a green screen
>Written by: Somebody who will fuck off with the lore bullshit
>Hard Mode: No Sexual Tension jokes

There's a freebie for you, Sony. Don't fuck it up.

>ad revenue

Do you...I...how do you think ad money works? You know they don't get paid for advertising their own product right?

>Be Sony
>Create media frenzy
>Shitters clicking clickbait sites increases five thousand percent
>mfw I own all of the clickbait sites

>Ellen Page

Fuck off.

>Hey let's lose even more money!

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

This gets a sequel but not Dredd.

>MFW

I hope it's about Zuul and Zuul rapes them and the movie ends.

>confirmed to be getting a sequel
Wow, it's fucking nothing until it goes into promotion.

This is just another marketing campaign.

The normie will read this new and think the actual GB movie will be worth watching since it is successful enough to already have a sequel.

There's no way Sony will admit this is a flop

They'll do what they did with Fant4astic and announce a sequel but never make one.

Some context: Tron Legacy
>revival of an old IP
>similar budget
>similar opening weekend
>showed in China
>well like by Tron fans
>Disney considers it not worth a sequel

If Sony is stubborn enough to push a GB sequel they'll piss off the only fans they have left by caving in and adding FUCKING WHITE MALES

>Each million clicks pays to keep the lights on for 30 minutes

>"Y-Yeah, that Sinister Six movie is being made! We've got t-t-tons of options! The Spider-Man Extended Universe will still g-go ahead!"

Queue 3 years later and nothing is happening apart from a completely unrelated animated Spider-Man film.

Sony always says they're going well and they're succeeding until the reach the end of release, no matter how poorly they're going.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had 2 confirmed sequels and a confirmed spin off movie at one point too.

Tron Legacy was severely underrated.

Sony said the same thing about Amazing Spider-man 3.

>Megahit Ghostbusters confirmed to be getting a sequel.
i doubt it... they just don't want to publicly admit its a failure because of the pseudo-feminist issue they turned it into, so now they are just going to try and pretend like all is well and the movie perform exactly as they hoped it would. People are probably getting ready to be fired behind the scenes.

I loved it, but I love anything with Jeff Bridges playing the dude.

Believe absolutely nothing, until their is a script, or a set release date.
It'll probably sit on IMDB for years, until Sony gets tired of holding copyright.

Sony is a public company so the only people who pay for this bullshit are the dumbfuck investors joe and sally.

Sony itself doesn't give a shit, they're still getting paid. The shares they own, if they own any, won't drop by 1% if ghostbusters tanks.

They are using publicly invested money to make a social speech about gender.

>tfw cucks still buy the 'invest' meme

Hey, why don't you guys stop LYING about the movie's financial success.

Because that's what you're doing by posting factual information about how much money it has made. Lying.

Milo is banned from Twitter for attacking Leslie Jones. Gamergate is finally dead. This movie has accomplished its purpose.

Pretty sure the black chick doesn't even want to come back for a sequel since she's been harassed because of the shitty movie.

If Sony thinks they can convince their investors that another flop is a good idea then good on them.

>Dat Ghostbusters avatar with the rainbow colors.
Why is Dobson such a tryhard cuck?

>Queue 3 years later and nothing is happening

Uh, are you in an actual cave? Spiderman was in one of the biggest movies of this summer.

They also said the first one would be good not a great track record on things to believe us about.

are you actually defending sony pictures?

Guys! We found the One!

They may change directors and actually make it good.

GEE I WONDER HOW SONY IS CONSTANTLY BLEEDING MONEY?

>trash man strikes again.webm

I regret checking to see if he actually said that.

I regret it so hard.

But it is good. (No, I haven't seen it but neither have you. QED.)

Did the movie even get decent reviews? I thought the box office was decent at best and the reviews ranged from 'Not as good as the original, but was worth a few laughs' to 'I would rather watch Zoolander 2'.

>Spook Central
when did Dobson become red-pilled?

Is Amy Pascal the most incompetent studio executive?

>Forced Raimi out of Spiderman because he wouldn't shit out a movie in 18 months
>try to make Spiderman a young hipster
>Proceed to tank the franchise in two movies

>Make shitty Ghostbusters reboot because GRRRRRRRRRRRL POWER
>it flops, even with Tom Rothman slashing the budget by 20 million

>General response to the sony pictures hack
>Lost the Steve Jobs movie to Sony because she couldn't tell Angelina Jolie to fuck off (considering how badly it flopped this might have been a blessing tho)
>Letting Spectre's budget spiral out of control

etc.

Are you actually retarded?

That wasn't a Sony film. Sony intended to start there own cinematic universe based around Spider-Man and fucked up so bad they let Marvel have a shot in exchange for $$$.

When a movie makes just enough money to show that there's some interest in it but is still given a lukewarm reception it's possible to still get a sequel, but I'm betting Sony's going to be demanding some big changes. Maybe not to the cast or director, they're already way too invested to just dump them, but I'd guess they might get a new producer or not get as big a budget.

DESU I'm not sure why Sony thought throwing 144M at a director known for niche comedy's and some SNL types doing bad improv was going to somehow create the next Avengers style cash cow multi film franchise.

Now I'm depressed.
Thanks for the reminder.

>Lost the Steve jobs movie to Sony

Did you mean Universal?

Whoops. Ye. Universal

Amy Pascal is just unaware of her own problems.

She got the control of Spider-Man away from Avi Arad because he fucked up the franchise...only to fuck it up exactly the same way. By chucking in too much shit in hopes of creating a larger franchise, effectively tanking it.

Ghostbusters is just the next step. She learnt nothing from the reasons SM3 and TSM2 fucked up.

Sony's desperate for a hit. They gave up on Spider-Man and now they're making a 21 Jump Street/Men in Black crossover.

Dredd was released at the worst possible time with the worst marketing.

Also, buying the rights to ZQ's as-yet-unwritten memoir which is going to be unfilmable (because it's a story that doesn't go anywhere).

>now they're making a 21 Jump Street/Men in Black crossover.

This is probably the only good idea they've ever had.

Lord and Miller is their only hope.

Avi still produces the SM franchise, just in a much more limited respect. Amy is responsible for most of the problems Sony is going through, despite her stepping down from the executive role.

She's responsible for the current corporate culture of Sony's film division, which is more focused on setting up potential sequels and spinoffs than making the first film work. It's not bad to plan sequels in advance, but at the expense of the film, it only just messes up the finished product, and the potential for other films.

I can't think of many worse ideas of that crossover. Especially without TLJ and Will Smith.

Sony is so lost.

There is no way this would work at the same level of their respective franchises though. And it's really only going to appeal to 21 Jump St fans as Smith and TLJ won't appear.

For a guy bitching about apples and oranges, I'm pretty sure The Martian came out at a much slower month and didn't have as much of an advertising budget.

good, I like it when idiots lose money

They'd probably settle for cameo pay or make a meta actor joke like last time by using two cheaper look alikes.

>There is no way this would work at the same level of their respective franchises though.

Have you actually seen the new jump street movies? Literally more than half the jokes are absurdist meta humor about the film industry being creatively bankrupt. This is the next logical step

Honestly the best ideas would either be a crossover or doing the Jump Street Generations.

sorry, but no, it was about 2 weeks when they finally stopped talking about sequels.
If they came out now and said no sequel then sales might suffer even more
Was the shining light on the crotch intentional?

No shit Sherlock. The Spiderman movies are going to do gangbusters now that he's in the MCU. What point are you trying to make?

My point was that their all their planned productions failed.

Seriously it wasn't that complicated. Of course he's going to make shitloads now. But the point is that wasn't Sony's plan.

>So lets recap
>144 Budget
>69 Mill racked in so far
>Slimer is the Key to All This
Paual "The Hack" Fieg said it needs around 500 million to get a sequal. If they somehow DO get one it will all have to be from Sony's pocket as Investors dont want to just break even they want more then what they invested. Which the possibility for a Ghostbusters Franchise is becoming less and less likley by the day as Ghostbusters influx of cash is dropping harder by the day as now most of North Americans have seen it and Only Feminazis are seeing it again and again because "Muh Empowerment'
I wouldn't worry about another movie, Fantastic 4 Guys out of Sony were telling auidences that there would be another one, but it would be hard, and then it was taken out Old Yellar style and no one noticed. When Star Trek and Ice Age hit this poor bastard in a few days it's Gae Over. I wouldn't be suprised if they just barley make back the money it took to make but I highly doubt there will be any profit gained.

Sony's Theme Right Now youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI

his projection of the film's success is inflated

>$65 million worldwide

Oh shit, I thought that was just domestically. If that's worldwide, they really ate shit.

Maybe they'll cut the bullshit, and actually let Ivan Reitman do his thing now.

It cracks me up that Komm Susser Tod has basically become Schadenfreude: The Song.

She's a complete fucking hack and how she got her job in the first place is beyond me. She's one of the worst, most out of touch executives in movie history.

Considering how badly they dicked him around, I don't know why he would want to work for them ever again.

>getting a sequel.
It's NOT. They're just trying to save face. Sony said the same thing when Godzilla 1998 underperformed. (and that shit made more money than Ghostbusters) and claimed a sequel was in the works.

According to Mundane Matt, he's in charge of Ghost Industries, which is basically Sony's equivalent to Lucasfilm or Marvel Studios for the Ghostbusters franchise.

>Pascal was born on March 25, 1958 in Los Angeles, California.[1] She is Jewish.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Pascal

Yes, just how did she get her job?

Jewish and fucked her way up.

Reminder that Phil and Chris aren't directing the new 21JS/ MiB film and they were primarly responsible for the success of the first two movies. It's going to suck.

I read that as
>ghostbusters-sequel-will-happen-sorry

New GB cast:

>Paul Rudd: Brilliant but obsessed guywho's into ghosts. He is anti-social but still somehow gets some snark, think Jeff Goldblum in early parts of 'The Fly'.
>Aubrey Plaza: The fed up undergrad who is just going along with this ghost hunting thing to get her thesis or whatever done with.
>Craig Robinson: Mechanical engineer who got laid off and gets roped into building all of Paul Rudd's crazy ass devices and then staying on to get paid busting ghosts.
> Glenn Howerton: Paul Rudd's longtime friend who built up a business but it collapsed under the weight of being all smoke and mirrors. Finances this as a last desperate attempt to make enough cash to dig himself out of a hole.

>This is being announced after release.
Read the article, no sequel was actually announced. Expected, not confirmed. Also it was quoting a moron in distribution on Sunday before the numbers were settled.

I like Craig a lot. He is much better than the other Rogen comedy clowns.

This is great, first the Fant4stic sequel now this.
Sony's expanded universes are the best.

Who knows maybe in the future we'll get even a Ghostbusters - Fant4stic crossover movie.

I bet it's as much of a smashing success as The Amazing-Spider Man 2.

Maybe they can get Disney to step in and hold their hands on this franchise too?

Anyway, we exist in a timeline where Pacific Rim 2 is actually happening. So anything is possible.

Hell, I expect announcements for Dredd 2, Tron 2: 2 (again) and Warcraft 2 any day now.

>Reminder that new Ghostbusters movies are being made and the old cast are literally being threatened with litigation if they don't participate
>Reminder that Harold Ramis is dead
>Reminder that the very act of watching or even claiming to like Ghostbusters has been turned into a political statement

Ha, we share one and a half dream cast members.

>Hayley Atwell: Enthusiastic parapsychology grad student and protege of Ray Stantz (now a professor at Colombia University)
>Jay Baruchel: Scientist working on 3rd doctorate in extradimensional and para(something) studies
>Charlie Day: Tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist who was kicked out of university over some unspecified incident; still pretty knowledgeable about ghosts
>Sean William Scott: Former university football player who tore an ACL yet remained in school and showed a prowess for physics and engineering
>Aubrey Plaza: Liberal arts major who becomes the group's receptionist

You are a clever man.

So if they actually do make a sequel how the fuck are they going to do Zuul since they already used both Stay Puft and the whole 'choose my form' schtick

They'll just do it again, you think they give a shit?

he even gets the stats wrong. the martian made $100m+ in terms of opening weekend internationally

forgive my Sup Forums but is ghostbusters 2016 the film version of final fantasy 13?
>everybody thinks this is the worst piece of shit we've made in decades so lets make 2 sequels for it out of spite

First we need the film version of Final Fantasy 14, because it was a disaster and they had to milk 13 to fix the money bleeding.