/dune/ thread

/dune/ thread

Read the book you troglodyte

Did I imply I didn't? You fucking retard.

>discussing flick adaptions
>not a pleb

>there are no Dune movies

in that case follow this poster's advice

>you can't discuss films or miniseries on Sup Forums

No surprise here.

People like to shit on Brian and KJA for bringing back everyone from the original books as gholas in Hunters and Sandworms, but I cannot think of a reason Frank would have let us know that Scytale had their genetic material towards the end of Chapterhouse if he hadn't at least been playing with the idea of bringing back some of the original characters.

Don't get me wrong, Hunters and Sandworms are shit but that always seemed like an unfair criticism.

Miniseries or Alan Smithee?

If you want to discuss Dune, discuss the novel on /lit/. Else, get some taste.

So the miniseries, Children of Dune and David Lynch's Dune don't exist in your head, right?

i sure wish they didn't exist, they are utter fucking trash with no redeeming qualities

Who would you guys cast in a Dune movie?

>Toby McGuire as Paul

>nicholas houltas Paul

>ywn see young meg foster as chani
She wouldn't even need lenses.

All shit :)

>alan smithee
Shit

>Dune miniseries
meh

>children of dune
Goat-tier

she would be a good Shadout Mapes tho

Sayyadina. Calling it. She just has that Bene Gesserit demeanor about her.

>tfw no Jessica Chastain as Jessica Atreides

>dune
overrated pos of shit
>b-but muhh spice
>muh space muslims

>yfw Paul is sci-fi T.E Lawrence

So... why did Paul let the Jihad happen? Eventually he was fine with it because he saw how it saved humanity from an even worse fate. To begin with, though, he didnt want it to happen at all. Couldn't he have just.. nuked all the fremen or something?

>sci-fi Genghis Khan/Muad'dib/T.E. Lawrence

It was the right path, he knew it, but couldn't bring himself to pursue it.
So he let Leto take the blame.

the jihad was inevitable

Thats cool, but.. WHY? In Dune Messiah (waiting for my copy of CoD to be delievered) he comes to accept that the Jihad must happen, to save humanity from something even worse. I take it I'll have to keep reading to find out what? Didn't understand why the book was so deliberately unclear about this.

You'll get a hint only at the end of the 6th book.
At first the suggestion was that without a hand at the helm humanity would go MAD eventually.