Sup Forums I've given up smoking, 10 days in, struggling like fuck. Can any ex smokers give advice with how to cope

Sup Forums I've given up smoking, 10 days in, struggling like fuck. Can any ex smokers give advice with how to cope

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

jojovapes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah man, Start eating.

Get a nicotene inhaler for a throat hit cos thats the thing I fucking missed most.

I caved and ended up buying diluted nicotene and started smoking that.

Just get over it. You're not a victim, you're not addicted. Stop being a faggot.

Get a vape. I know it's douchy but it helps.
Don't get a cheap shit one either, spend like 60 to a hundred dollars, that way you'll mentally commit to it more and it'll be more enjoyable.
Start with 6Mg and work your way down to zero. Even if you never get there you'll still feel a lot better than when you were smoking.
I quit a year and a half ago this way, never looked back.

Start running a couple times a day. After I get all wheezy and tired I can't even imagine wanting to smoke. That and sunflower seeds/masturbating

Find a gym with a steam room.

Start working out, cooling down with running.

Hit that steam room after and you'll take breathes so deep you dont want to hinder your progress with a cigarette.

Smoked for around 5 years and quit that way, havent bought a pack of smokes in 2 years now.

Thanks anons, may try something like that out

And fuck you, 16 years smoking 10-20 a day is a hard habit to break, piece of shit

flavored toothpicks

Excercise. I only stopped because it made me slower and fucked with my lifts. That was 7 years ago. I'll smoke a cigar every now and then. Star lifting breh.

keep it up user, stay strong. the reward - being a non-smoker - is really worth it in many ways. Smoke free for nearly 3 years now, it was hard in the beginning, but it gets better and easier. At this point I no longer have cravings, I couldn't even image myself smoking anymore and really I never even think about it basically.

I got you man I quit after 24 years. When you need to smoke do some long breathing yoga exercises cause that's what you were doing when you smoked. Take deep breath in and deep breath out. Spend about 5 minutes doing this. Average time it takes to smoke a cig. Also find something to replace your oral and finger fixation. Gum and pencil in you fingers to twirl around. And most important, try to stay stress free as much as you can. Stay away from ther smokers. 10 days I'd really good. You're beyond addiction now it's just the habit things you need to get over. Think about when you would light up, after sleep? After eat? While driving? Drinking beer? After smoking weed? Browsing b? These are the times you feel an urge and it's because you're not sure what to do with yourself at those times. Unlearn these habits. In another 10 days it's going to be so much easier. A few months and you're good. In a few years you'll get stronger immune system and your head will clear up and your body chemistry is going to change and your going to feel great.

Vape?

Inb4"vapefag"

Ya it's crazy. I can't even remeber how it feels and I feel so bad when I see other smokers cause they have no idea how much they are fucking their selves up

Ex smoker here. Your always going to miss smoking. But it gets waay easy after a couple months soon you all but forgot you were a smoker. I also used the patch sytem.

I was about to quit and go back to pipe smoking. I was gung ho about getting a pipe on payday, but last night the thought kept me awake. All the things about cigarettes i would miss. All in my head, but still a part of me. I just cant let go. And what kind of 26 year old smokes a pipe? A faggot. But you could give it a go. It can be real cheap if you get a corncob pipe and a pouch of carter hall.

Well you've made the first step which is a big deal, so pat yourself on the back man. The hardest part is realizing you need to stop and actually gaining the courage to take action.

For me, I was at a low point in my life and I wanted to better myself. I started working out, and I could feel the effects of smoking when I would do cardio. That was only more motivation for me to quit. Once you make it a few weeks, you will physically feel a difference and it is fucking amazing. I just recently started smoking again because I hit another low point and it helps me cope. I'll quit again, as soon as I get out of this slump.

I've accepted that I will probably be smoking off and on for the rest of my life. So be it. Just find a way to better yourself and keep up the momentum you've built. It only gets easier!!

Cold turkey. Forget about nicotine, but you never really will.
Fill the void by keeping busy. Something constructive is best.... I buy, renovate, and sell houses for a hobby :)

Chew gum /bro. It gives you something else to focus on.

just don't be a faggot and give in. After two weeks or so it's smooth sailing.

DUDE DUDE DUDE

I realized after quitting and relapsing many times that the habit is the problem, not the substance. Get rid of the habit. Really. That's the problem.

I quit around 4 months ago by just giving in to food cravings for a month or so, it's not good for you either but it helped with smoke cravings, now just trying to get back in shape after putting my body through too much soda and chocolate, but hey it was worth it in the end, smoked for just over 10 years prior.

And I am now smoke free for 8 years.

Not OP but good advice man. Struggling myself

Keep it up mate, quitting is bloody hard work and you've done well to make it this far.

Like the other user said, look into vaping. Don't be a fuckwit about it and people won't make fun of you for it. Had a pack-a-day smoker friend quit using one. It took about a year and he just weaned himself off bit by bit until he he just had the habit and not the addiction. Much easier to handle.

This.

I started out at 24mg at lower wattage. Worked down to 15mg (albeit much higher wattage) It's been almost 2 years since I smoked and haven't had a craving for a cig one single time. Things taste better, you don't smell, and you dont have to go stand outside to get your fix. It's also a he'll of a lot cheaper. Good luck user.

I like your advice, any advice on stopping drinking whiskey every fucking day after work? I am an alcoholic but I just can't stop, makes my dick limp at night when my wife wants to fuck, pisses her off, but I'd rather have a drink, and she is a solid 8/10 latina with a fucking massive sex drive....HALP

Breathings good. Try this exercise when the craving hits. Breath in counting to 4. Hold your breath to the count of 7 and exhale to the count of 8. When counting you dont want to go too slow. Each count should be about a half second. Try this exercise in sets of 4 anytime you crave. I smoked for 10 years and quit 2 years ago. I use nicotine gum occasionally also to help when stressed as i would smoke on breaks and when really busy. The gum really helped change the sensory perception of my addiction. After a couple of months i tried smoking a cigarette, my favorite brand, from a friend and couldnt stand the taste. It was worse than the first time i smoked.

Smoked for 16 years and quit about 5 years ago.
First week was easy and second week was the shits. After that it was smooth sailing. Hardest part for me was the social aspect of going out for a smoke at a bar or party. I miss that. Seriously though kick that shit pussy

yea this i was a 10 a day for 15 years and iv'e smoked a bit socially but iv'e managed to go back to my vape easily enough. i started and still am using 3mg its been 3 months so far

You could ask your doctor about taking clondine. 2 of my mates used it to help them quit smoking and they said it worked pretty well

I don't drink much at all. Can't help ya but I would quit it if it effects your life badly. At lest you know it's s problem that needs attention. Do whatever you have to, detox, rehab. Drug addiction is a bitch. I spent 30 years of my life polluting my body with drugs n shit and now I'm clean I'm spending the next 30 eating clean and putting good shit back in my body. Gotta undo the damage at some point.

THIS

Quitting is hard, switching is easy.

Went from 2-packs-a-day to Zero with a vape.

Check these guys out. Friends of mine, they got a nice place.

Forgot link

jojovapes.com/

Don't be a fucking fag OP

Quitting smoking is easy as fuck.
Just stop buying cigarettes , then you'll have no cigarettes, and hey presto - you've stopped.

Easiest thing ever.
Get some fucking willpower faggot

I lol at you weak betas with no willpower

Obvious non-smoker is obvious

Yea man I try n help everyone who needs it cause I know how bad it fucks up your life. Your health and money. The fucking money you'll save quitting is an added bonus. You just have to know when it's time to stop and don't pressure yourself either. My secret was I got really sick. Bad. Lung infection for two weeks. Could not smoke one bit. By time I was better, I was like fuck it, I'm gonna keep it up. I struggled a bit. GF still smoked and I would buy her cigs coming home from work. It was a good test. Finally she quit after 2 tries. She used an e cig briefly. You just use that shit when you're on the verge of freaking out. You don't replace smoking with it. That's why people who vape fail. You gotta undo it and stop using nicotine. When you stop long enough your body will remeber that it once had an allergic reaction to smoking and when you smell that shit, it's disgusting and that help reinforce not going back. Started when I was 12, quit at 36. Been clean for 7. I can't even remember being a smoker anymore. And damn the boost to my immune system was crazy. I used to get sick twice a year and constant ear infections. Since then, I've maybe been sick 2 or 3 times and it only last a few days instead of weeks. Haven't had an ear infection since. Good luck

Good for you. Everyone has to find their way out of it. Just gotta find it.

Yup this is so true. It's not the nicotine but your habit you created while smoking. Gotta learn to undo it or replace it then let it go eventually.

Chew gum every time you need to smoke

Good one faggot.
40 a day at one point.
That's when I decided to quit.
And like I said, it was as easy as " not buying any more cigarettes"

Quit making fucking excuses for your shit tier weak willpower .
If you actually WANT to quit, it is easyasfuck.jpg

I smoked for over 10 years. I was a t the mall and ran into a girl i had a crush on through middle/high school. I hugged her and she said i smelled like cigs.

I decided to stop because i never noticed how shitty i probably smelled or tasted.

Was rough until i started doing research about how it effects health and male performace, blah blah blah.

Manned the fuck up and havent smoked for 6 years. even the smell disgusts me now.

moral of the story, find motivation and use it. cig are for unhealthy peasants.

Stop reading any other posts

And read this
user
Just stop smoking, it's over

Think of it as past tense
The deed is done
The contract with your self is sealed
You don't break it
You just stop

Stop
And just stop

Lol, the Jews know weak betas like you believe everything they see on the TV so they created this whole "smoking is hard to quit" meme so fags like you spend their money on nicotine patches and other useless crap, open your eyes you idiot

become an alcoholic and make sure you always smoke like fuck when drinking. eventually your body associates being hungover with the flavor of ash the next morning. when you quit drinking, which is actually hard, cigs wont mean shit.

You can do it OP. I smoked from when I was 18 until I turned 25 at the end of last year. I'm already feeling better. A big part of it for me was to cut back on my drinking too because that was when I'd have the strongest urge to smoke.

Now when I go to bars where I used to enjoy going outside for a cigarette the smell grosses me out.

Like other anons said, find other ways to keep yourself busy. I started playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. Don't give in.

sunflower seeds, idk,i just ended up quitting cold turkey for the most part.

>already feeling better
non smoker here. what do you mean?

stop being a little pussy ass faggot and just stop. only weak inded people have a hard time quitting. You are a weak beta male faggot who are "addicted" to nicotine, maybe the worst drug in human history. Well done I hope you die of lung cancer

Yes quit all drugs for awhile until you are permanently done with cigs.

Nicotine Gum

not to be that guy but give the vape a go

I mean I just generally feel healthier. I'm not coughing and sniffling when I wake up in the mornings anymore. The urge to smoke first thing in the morning is gone so I can enjoy my coffee/tea and breakfast in peace. I can taste and smell better. Little things that you don't notice are getting progressively worse while you're smoking, but once you quit they're noticeable. Feels good.

About two weeks after I quit this time, I had a dream that someone gave me a cigarette and I turned it down. That's when I knew I was done. I've quit cold turkey four times before for anywhere from a month to half a year, but I don't think I ever really intended to completely give it up until now.

I can still smoke weed and not have the urge for a cigarette, but yeah, I'd generally recommend not drinking as much as you usually do, or only drinking around nonsmokers. My roommates and friends who I drink with all quit at the same time as me and it made a big difference. Having smokers and cigs around makes it harder to stick to your resolution.

Just don't use it like a cig. Just a puff or two when you absolutely need it. Otherwise your are replacing a habit with habit. Gotta unlearn the habit of smoking

Get a vape, you don't have to be a vape fag just keep it around for when you need it, my dad is in his 50's and he quit smoking completely by using a vape, I would have never thought he would do it but he did, u can do it op

>this
Never got addicted to smoking myself but a fair share of my close friends did, they all switched to vaping. Vaping just allows you to build down the nicotine everytime. My friends are vaping on 0 nic atm and really dislike the taste of sigarettes. I hope ya get over yer addiction man

Man, youre almost out of the woods.

I smoked 2 packs a day for 20 years and when i quit (Valentine's day 2014) I had mad cravings for like 2 1/2 weeks, then they went away. They only came back when i was around someone smoking and smelled it.

Dont start eating when you crave it like the dipshit said, the idea is giving up a habit, not creating a new one, thats how you become boogie2988.

Occupy your mind on something else, draw shit, play vidya, etc..

And dont pick up vaping, youre not kicking the habit

thats a nice, big ass.

Oh about smoking, chew gum. Also, concede or acknowledge immediately that it will be difficult. Then, when it is difficult, say "i knew this would happen".

But quitting smoking is difficult. I might try one day, except i love a morning smoke, especially with a coffee, or after a meal with a coke. It's great.

Good luck OP.

Cigarettes are a meal replacer, so you need to start eating, generally when you'd have a smoke. Good like b/ro

Youre fucking retarded.

Someone who chain smokes will then chain eat and become morbidly obese.

Avoid refined starches. Increase diet in nuts & seeds. Supplement with Vitamin C (Oranges), green & red fruits, and vegetables. You negate the silicon and tyrosine deficiencies this way.

this happened to my uncle. He used to look cool and lean, like a young Marlon Brando but then he quit smoking, now he looks fat and gross, like an old Marlon Brando.

My friend also quit smoking, and no-one really likes him anymore. He's always angry and no-one wants to be around him, quitting has made him lonely and bitter.

Good luck OP.

I'm on day 17 no smoking. I noticed I eat way more food now, and I read a lot. I also started working out.